Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11208 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man vs. Antarctic Vibranium?

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
    blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Now, Antarctic Vibranium is often described as the "anti-metal" in that it can melt any metal. However, Iron Man's armor is definitely the strongest metal in the Marvel Universe, barring adamantium, Cap's shield, vibranium and maybe carbonadium. So how do you think it would fare against antarctic vibranium?

I don't know if there are any comic instances relating to this, but if there are, please post.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By amazingfantasy

I'm not sure, but I don't think Tony's armor can take it. I mean he would likely dodge, defend himself with shields or something but I'm assuming you're talking about the armor's durability, if it could take it in case it was hit. And I don't think so. Tho it did tank nuclear explosions... Agh, I don't know how powerful this is, it's hard to say. Sorry i'm not much help haha

(Btw why did u put the "maybe" on carbonadium? i believe it's the weakest from the ones there haha)

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure, but I don't think Tony's armor can take it. I mean he would likely dodge, defend himself with shields or something but I'm assuming you're talking about the armor's durability, if it could take it in case it was hit. And I don't think so. Tho it did tank nuclear explosions... Agh, I don't know how powerful this is, it's hard to say. Sorry i'm not much help haha

(Btw why did u put the "maybe" on carbonadium? i believe it's the weakest from the ones there haha)

I put the maybe as I wasn't sure whether or not carbonadium was stronger than Tony's armor.

And thanks for the answer!

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By amazingfantasy

No prob, and I think @noone301994 might be able to answer this

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Noone301994

@blackspidey2099: @amazingfantasy: It'd definitely work on his armor, but if he has his shields up it wouldn't. Anti-metal destroys metal, not energy.

Here he drops an Iron Man armor with anti-metal in it on top of an Iron Man armor with adamantium mixed with other Iron Man metals.

No Caption Provided

However, here is a scan of Black Panther claiming that he has to disable Iron Man's shielding before his anti-metal claws can touch Tony:

No Caption Provided

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Thanks! I didn't know how powerful anti-metal was so it was difficult to come with an answer. But I was right, then?

(And I can't believe I didn't even remember that first scan. It's from my favorite modern Iron Man run. :p)

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Thanks! I didn't know how powerful anti-metal was so it was difficult to come with an answer. But I was right, then?

(And I can't believe I didn't even remember that first scan. It's from my favorite modern Iron Man run. :p)

Yeah, you were essentially right. Anti-metal or antarctic vibranium is capable of melting even adamantium.

And yeah, that's my favorite Iron Man run as well lol. They made Tony look like such a bada$$.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994 Thanks for the scans and the answer. I'm really surprised that it's so powerful. Wow!

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Antarctic Vibranium would destroy Stark. He can use his Force Fields to protect himself but his armor itself can't defend against Anti-Metal except his 2th Stealth suir which isn't made of any metal at all.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: yeah, so the carbon fibre suit that he used against Magneto would be immune to Antarctic vibranium. As for adamantium, wouldn't something like Wolverine's claws be able to slice right through an unprotected armor?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Noone1996

@whoisthebest: We are talking about antarctic vibranium. Not standard vibranium or adamantium. Antarctic vibranium works by attacking the molecular structure of any metal. Vibranium and adamantium could cut through his armor, but the metals on his suit are so durable that it wouldn't go very deep or far in:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

This is an adamantine axe thrown by Namor. Adamantine is just like adamantium except godlier. It pierces his armor sure, but it doesn't go all the way through or hurt the man inside. In fact, Iron Man is even shrugging his shoulders in the second scan like it didn't even affect him.

If he had his force-fields up though, something like this would happen:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Also, antarctic vibranium only molecularly affects metal, so if his shields are up they won't work since that's energy.

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Noone1996
    antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antarctic vibranium vs Uru?

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Noone1996

@whoisthebest: Do you have proof that it wasn't adamantine or are you just guessing like always? Ares carries an adamantine axe. He threw it at Namor who caught it and threw it at Iron Man.

No Caption Provided

Read the story.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Antarctic Vibranium would destroy Stark. He can use his Force Fields to protect himself but his armor itself can't defend against Anti-Metal except his 2th Stealth suir which isn't made of any metal at all.

How?

:)

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm: @g2_:Antarctic Vibranium can destroy his Armor on Molecular Level but he can't affect Endo Sym Armor and Stealth Armor because those two armors are not made of metal. Also Iron-man's armor is covered in microscopic force field/energy shield and AV can't affect energy so in order for AV to work on Iron-man, his force field needs to be removed first.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ldm: I just cut his sentence to emphasise.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: What did you mean by "how"?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: How can Antarctic Vibranium would destroy Stark? But you already answered.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Alright. And yeah, Antarctic Vibranium destroys any Metal minus Vibranium on molecular level, even Adamantium.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Noone1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Noone1996

Antarctic Vibranium would only destroy Stark's ARMOR. If he had shields up this would happen:

No Caption Provided

Those gigawatt baryon beams was antarctic vibranium.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.