Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11197 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron man renumbered?????

Benzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Benzo

hey does anyone if the iron man series is getting renumbered any time soon??? 
    I've been wondering about this because Thor and captain America have got renumbered recently and i've heard a lot of rumours that the current  iron man series, might  be renumbered after iron man 2 has been released.
    it will help me if anyone can tell me the actual truth about this!!!!!  if so thanks for clarifying this for me !!!

from  
    The Benzo 

p.s I love matt fractions run on invincible  iron man, i hope he will keep writing more iron man stories in the far future and if the series gets renumbered lets hope that matt fraction is still writing it!!!!!!  

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    Iron Man's original volume 1 consisted of 332 issues. Volume 2 (Heroes Reborn) had 12, and volume 3, 89 issues. Volume 4 had 35, and his current one is at 24. That's a grand total of 492 issues, so the room for renumbering as you say, from issue # 32 of his current run (as # 500) is open. However, before getting his own title, he had 61 appearances in Tales of Suspense, which Marvel may, or may not "remember" depending on what they see fit. For example, they did count every Journey to Mystery comic in order for Thor to hit 600 issues, despite the fact that Thor had only appeared in only 40+ issues (from over 120) in that series. So, by that standard, Iron Man is currently at 591 issues (since ToS had 99 issues overall), and counting, and they could change the numbering to 600 from issue 33. It all depends on what Marvel wishes to do. The room for renumbering it at # 500, or even # 600 is open, even though it would make much more sense for it to be changed to 500, IMO.
    Avatar image for majinblackheart
    MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
    Volume 2 was 13 issues

Not that it really matters to your statement. Also, I can't make that un-bold for some reason. Not trying to yell or anything.
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    @jloneblackheart said:
    " Volume 2 was 13 issues  Not that it really matters to your statement. Also, I can't make that un-bold for some reason. Not trying to yell or anything. "
    Correct. I was going by memory on that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.