Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Iron Man: Questions

Avatar image for swordandshields
    SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SwordandShields

Iron Man

Question:

Is Iron Man weak?

How powerful is Iron Man?

How does Iron Man stack up against the Marvel Earth based characters.

P.S I need answers so in the future I can make battle threads on Iron Man. Thx for your input.

alex1678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By alex1678

To answer you first question no ironman is not weak unless hes using like his first ever armor.2nd how powerful is he hes pretty strong due to his armor,his extremis powers and his mind, and 3rd against earth base heros hes taken down spiderman and cap with ease has been shown to beat hulk and usually comes close to beating thor before losing to him overall for a human who has no power yet uses his intelligence to build suits that can tank nukes like theres no tommrow hes pretty good def for sure in the top 5 earth based heros maybe even top 3. If u wanna know more about him look up his bio on this site it lists all his abilites as well as his armors

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tony_Shark

@SwordandShields: Alex just answered all your questions pretty accurately. People don't respect the Iron Man as much as they should.

@alex1678: Yep

Avatar image for swordandshields
    SwordandShields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SwordandShields

@alex1678: thanks for your input.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
    Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

I asked this question already but ill ask again. I was playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance and in it Tony said "That his heart had been fixed" No I haven't been reading that much Iron Man so I was wondering if its true ?

GodDamnIronMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By GodDamnIronMan

@SwordandShields: Weak?! Stark is no Weak dude...Man...

it's his magnificent brain and his ingenious engineering mind that made him 1 of the most powerful superhero in Marvel Universe...

Minerboh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Minerboh

@SwordandShields said:

Iron Man

Question:

Is Iron Man weak?

P.S I need answers so in the future I can make battle threads on Iron Man. Thx for your input.

For your first question...well it is a matter of perspective and moment in his continuity you are looking at. There were his medical problems and there is his trending to overcome them. Sure his heart problems and neural condition reduced his physical streight but hey sure empowered his will to overcome them. Plus, overcoming a disease such as alcoolism is certainly not the achievment of a weak man.

Your second question. His various armors has helped him to grand a position amongst Earth's most powerful people. He managed to give Thor and Hulk some pretty messy days and he even managed to defeated a fully beserk Hulk (with extreme difficulty but nevertheless he managed to bring him down).

Your third query: Again it is a matter of which time period your are looking at. For example, Civil War has putted Iron Man into many peoples black list. Generally speaking though he enjoys the respect and friendship of many Marvel icons including Captain America.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SwordandShields said:

Iron Man

Question:

Is Iron Man weak?

1 - No he is not weak

2 - He is a top tier in term of power for non gods/cosmics

3 - He is a near team killer with the right matchup, his abilities are so varied and he has no set weakness for a OHK (one hit kill)

Avatar image for jayden_jezowski
    jayden_jezowski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jayden_jezowski

Anyone know his IQ. I want the exact number. If there is another forum discussing this then please point me to it. Thank you.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mace1111

You right,him and war machine are top tier if look at thier powergrid.

They are just low top tier.

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mace1111
    PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By PunyParker

Iron Man

Question:

Is Iron Man weak?

1. Iron Man,no,Tony Stark is a human,so ,as of strength he's nothing special.
    2. Very powerfull,and every suit he makes ,is more powerfull from the previous one.
    3. Earth based........he's in the golden league,along with Spidey,Cap and Hulk.
    KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Is Iron Man weak?

No.

Powerful enough to fight characters liek Hulk,Thor and Sentry and even hurt them (bit not beat them). I would say he is the weakest High Tier.

Not sure what you mean.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.