Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

IRON MAN 2 Toys

No_name_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By No_name_here

A lot of times, it seems like an actor’s just taking a superhero part for the gig and when he promotes the movie, he has to fake his excitement. Not so with Robert Downey, Jr. - - the dude looks like he’s been having a blast with Iron Man and its entire press junket.  He’s made regular appearances at SDCC to promote the movies and, just this past weekend, he popped up at the American International Toy Fair to hype Hasbro’s new IRON MAN toy line, which hits the shelves next month.

No Caption Provided

These pictures come courtesy of Latino Review.

No Caption Provided

You’ll notice that the action figure Downey’s holding features Tony Stark wearing the shades he’s had on in the various movie promo pics. I can’t help wondering if that'll get mentioned on the packaging.  You know, you have a Spider-Man figure with 17 points of articulation or a Batman figure with cape-swinging action.   Maybe this Iron Man comes with stylin’ shades action, or rad cornea-protecting action.

There’s also the Iron Man toy helmet, which you see Downey enjoying in a laid back way. My mind goes to the question of how protective that helmet is. Would it guard my head against a baseball bat to the hat? Or a chair shot? Sounds like a Jackass skit in the making; or a Mythbusters episode, to be more current. Didn’t they already do one on the scientific possibility of curving bullets in Wanted?

Super-Adaptoid...
     Super-Adaptoid...

Oh oh oh oh… here’s one!   While I highly doubt there will ever be a Super-adaptoid costume set, do you figure if you put this helmet on, strapped some Spider-Man webshooters to your wrists, twisted some Hulk hands over your paws, slid into an X-Man uniform and then spray painted it all green. Do you think that’d be close enough? What other toy accessories could go on there?

-- Tom Pinchuk is the writer of UNIMAGINABLE for Arcana Comics and HYBRID BASTARDS! for Archaia Comics.   Watch out for the HYBRID BASTARDS! hardcover collection this March - - available for pre-order now on Amazon.com.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By DH69

screw that stuff i want the iron man in the background :p

Leviticus128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Leviticus128

I want me one of those iron man helmets :)

Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Agent Buttons
    Coolz
    Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Theodore

That helmet is pretty sweet, sign me up!

Ravn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Ravn

He looks SO THRILLED to be there! LOL

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#6  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Dude, he is the real life Tony Stark.

MemnochZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MemnochZERO

I can't even tell if that Iron Man figure is proper scale or the goofy 3/4" size. Looks cool though.
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By goldenkey

Love the fanboy Robert Downey.  Good to see actors take such things with so much enthusiasim.  Makes us fanboys giddy
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By SevanGrim

For super adaptoid, it looks more like a green Captain America top with wolverine Shoulders.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

RDJ is a cool guy!
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ravn said:
    " He looks SO THRILLED to be there! LOL "
    likely just tired. anytime a real person has there likeness sold on anything, say
    an action figure for example, they get money. so he's pretty happy about that merch,
    trust me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.