Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

IM2 has an Iron Man Armor Mark VI!

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey

Have you seen the variant cover to Iron Man Legacy #1?

It seems like here you see the gallery of ALL the Iron Man suits from the Iron Man 2 movie...
    Not really!

Apparently there will be a Mark VI. How do I know this?
    Check out this screencap, and pay attention to the center piece on the armor...

What do you think?
    Circle or Triangle? 

EDIT: So this is in fact Mark VI instead of V... I changed it! Mark V is the breifcase version...
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sora_thekey

Here's another:

No Caption Provided

It's pretty much the same... just a different pic.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @TylerLux:
    Like the 90's toon?
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

@sora_thekey: You are correct, the first movie had three Iron Man armors in it, this one has the Mark IV and V, along with the War Machine armor. I saw a Iron Man 2 toy (looked like a prototype though) that had the second armor you showed above in the package and it said "Mark V" on the box.

@TylerLux said:

"Dude that is the mark 6 it is stated that iron man has a mark 5 which is a briefcase type of armor go check out the new iron man 2 toys please  "

I'm going to need some proof from you to hold up your clam.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @TylerLux said:
    "I have come to realize that there are people who think they know things and dont it is the mark six look at the new trailer and get back to me. And after please do not feel like an idiot for asking for proof.  "
    Hey, I asked for proof, and that's what I got. I like being corrected, makes me smarter. IRON MAN 2 is going to be the best movie of 2010.
    ligerfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ligerfan

According to the toys, the suit with the triangle is "Mark VI" with a silver-and-red suit being "Mark V", which had me wondering as the description on the back said it was a portable suit that broke down to a briefcase.  Add to that a Minimate has a funky-looking briefcase.  Then the new trailer (available at Apple.com and many other outlets) shows Stark putting on the Mark V.  So we get at least 3 IM armors, with the Mark 6 being some sort of upgrade of the Mark IV I think, as well as War Machine (which I think is made by the bad guys after pilfering Stark's designs, which is speculation on my part) and Whiplash/Hammer created suits.

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sora_thekey
    @ligerfan said:
    " According to the toys, the suit with the triangle is "Mark VI" with a silver-and-red suit being "Mark V", which had me wondering as the description on the back said it was a portable suit that broke down to a briefcase.  Add to that a Minimate has a funky-looking briefcase.  Then the new trailer (available at Apple.com and many other outlets) shows Stark putting on the Mark V.  So we get at least 3 IM armors, with the Mark 6 being some sort of upgrade of the Mark IV I think, as well as War Machine (which I think is made by the bad guys after pilfering Stark's designs, which is speculation on my part) and Whiplash/Hammer created suits. "
    So that means that THIS is Mark V and the briefcase version is Mark VI?
    ligerfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By ligerfan
    @sora_thekey: @sora_thekey said:
    " @ligerfan said:
    " According to the toys, the suit with the triangle is "Mark VI" with a silver-and-red suit being "Mark V", which had me wondering as the description on the back said it was a portable suit that broke down to a briefcase.  Add to that a Minimate has a funky-looking briefcase.  Then the new trailer (available at Apple.com and many other outlets) shows Stark putting on the Mark V.  So we get at least 3 IM armors, with the Mark 6 being some sort of upgrade of the Mark IV I think, as well as War Machine (which I think is made by the bad guys after pilfering Stark's designs, which is speculation on my part) and Whiplash/Hammer created suits. "
    So that means that THIS is Mark V and the briefcase version is Mark VI? "
    I think, in terms of when they appear in the movie in what order, that makes the suit at the racetrack (the smaller red-and-silver) the Mark V.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Just to clear this all up.. 

The Mark V

The Mark VI

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sora_thekey
    @War Killer:
    Thanks... I changed it above!
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @sora_thekey said:
    "@War Killer: Thanks... I changed it above! "

No problem, I think it's fun when we're all trying to figure out what armor Tony will throw at us next, feels like those old comic book days xD My only question is why are they making teh War Machine armor to be built my the army and not Tony himself, I mean from the first trailer we see Rhodey with what appears to be the Mark II (?) and Tony is seen fighting that same armor in the new trailer (for some reason...) so does Hammer get his hands on the Mark II and just has Rhodey upgrade it to how he wants it to be or what? (So many questions and May 7th seems so far away...)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By 123422

The Mk VI does look great with the triangle chestpiece
    Mark V kinda gives the "light armor" feel, it just looks kinda thinner than the previous ones

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.