How strong is Iron man ?

• 67 results
#1 Posted by Kuzman123 (279 posts) - - Show Bio

His strenght level is?

#2 Posted by Veshark (9451 posts) - - Show Bio

Varies depending on the armor. Standard is near 100 tons or just a little under, I believe.

#3 Edited by lvenger (27544 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on the armour. But some feats for his standard armours have put him in the 100 ton+ bracket at least.

#4 Posted by Kuzman123 (279 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Extremis? I belive even his standard armor puts him in the class of 100 at least.

#5 Posted by Veshark (9451 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark: Extremis? I belive even his standard armor puts him in the class of 100 at least.

Extremis is in the 100 tons bracket. It's not really a strength-focused suit though - Extremis' specialty was that it made Tony superhuman, enabling to mentally connect to technology (and his suit), changing his brain to a hard drive that could operate at superhuman levels.

#6 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

500-1000 tonner?

#7 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Outside_85 (15174 posts) - - Show Bio

He generally needs to don the Hulkbuster if he wants to play in the superheavyweight class where Thor and Hulks roam.
The normal suit is around Captain Marvel levels.

#13 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

Is the Bleeding Edge stronger than Hulkbuster?, since I saw a Hulkbuster Iron Man vs Bleeding Edge armor battle, and people commented "Bleeding Edge stomps".

#14 Posted by Noone301994 (22173 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: He's a class 100, but he can lift hundreds of thousands of tons.

Most of those scans are self-explanatory, but I can explain and calculate them for you if you'd like.

#15 Posted by RabumAlal (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: why is he so powerful lol. 3rd one gives him an energy boost but still shows the strength of the suit. The rest is just too much.

#16 Posted by Noone301994 (22173 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: Why do you personally think it's too much? Is it because of your preexisting views about where Iron Man's strength levels should be?

#17 Posted by RabumAlal (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: Yes, I'm not a huge fan and didn't know much about him, other than crossover events and movies which don't count.

#18 Posted by Noone301994 (22173 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal: Gotcha, yeah I'm just curious. He's considered a class 100 and most of the time his high end strength isn't any good for story development. The writers tend to downgrade Stark when he's in the presence of street levelers so he doesn't completely outshine them. I mean, God forbid Iron Man gets a bit more spotlight than Spider-Man in a crossover.

#19 Posted by RabumAlal (1354 posts) - - Show Bio

@noone301994: IMO Spider-Man is a LOT more interesting than Iron-Man. It's not like Tony isn't getting attention he gets more than Peter usually.

Siege (both were not there, Tony returns at the end)

Fear Itself

Civil War (Tony event)

Build-up to Secret Wars (main event Peter is still not that important)

Infinity

AXIS

Characters like Thor and Vision also get downgraded, that's the way teams work. I just didn't know Tony was "catching an airplane like Supes" strong.

#20 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Edited by Noone301994 (22173 posts) - - Show Bio

@rabumalal said:

@noone301994:

IMO Spider-Man is a LOT more interesting than Iron-Man. It's not like Tony isn't getting attention he gets more than Peter usually.

IMO Iron Man is more interesting. All Spider-Man does is jump around, web and punch things while making jokes. Peter Parker is a pretty interesting and complex person who is relatable, but idc about it being relatable. To me, it's a fiction so why would I want it to be that way? That's just me though, a lot of people disagree. Peter does get a lot more spotlight than you think.

Siege (both were not there, Tony returns at the end)

He actually was there. He punches out Norman, remember? He came with Captain America's group, so technically he got more page time than Tony did. In nearly every Avengers group meeting, he is ALWAYS written as the guy who talks. He's always making quips or having something to say. That only happens with Tony if he's leading a meeting or something.

Fear Itself

He held his own against Angrir Thing, remember? That's not exactly a spotlight, but the writers actually decided to make that fight just as long as Red Hulk's fight with the Thing.

Civil War (Tony event)

You can't deny Spider-Man's huge role in that story. Hell, he even had 10 side books in Civil War. Iron Man had like 4.

Build-up to Secret Wars (main event Peter is still not that important)

You have a point here. I don't think he should have had any role here though and I'm surprised the writers didn't give him one. Apparently he's on Reed-tier intelligence (according to Spider wanking writers). Why wasn't he helping everybody with the Incursion? I'm not complaining though. That's the way it should be.

Infinity

Another good point. I think he was Superior Spider-Man at this time though, wasn't he? I doubt Octavius would have willingly volunteered to go into space to fight aliens though, to be fair.

AXIS

He played a decent role here too. I think he got more page time than Iron Man. All that stuff with him and Carnage.

Characters like Thor and Vision also get downgraded, that's the way teams work. I just didn't know Tony was "catching an airplane like Supes" strong.

That's true, but usually the writers will at least put Thor in a league from the rest. Like in Infinity when they fought Thanos. You didn't see Captain Marvel or Captain America doing all that much in comparison to Thor (which is how it should be) and in Avengers vs X-Men they put Thor in a league above the rest too. I feel like they tend to get the high tiers right in group battles, but they try to make the street levelers and mid-tiers almost equal in contribution which cuts down the mid-tier.

But yeah, he can catch planes too. Those are only like 100 tons.

#22 Posted by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

Ironman was able to lift 16000 tons nuclear reactor, fly while holding it and then threw it into the ocean. He also defeted not so angry Hulk with one punch by chaneling all of armors energy into one punch. He almost died after the punch but win is a win. He has done both of these in his model 3/classic armor.

#23 Posted by NewBatman (144 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron man is Batman, Batman is Omnipotent, so Iron man is Omnipotent!

#24 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Oh wait, did he lift a helicarrier which weighs over 100,000 tons?

#25 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else?

#28 Posted by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

He beat Angry Hulk with one punch in his classic/model 3 armor. His armor shut down after the punch.

#29 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

1,600-100,000 tons.

#30 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Moving 5 battleships, lifting an entire helicarrier, etc., isn't 100 tons.

#32 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: It is his base level, the "tonner" determines the greatest maximum weight you can lift.

#34 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: bru, I think you mean maximum level.

#35 Edited by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: @g2_: There is base/standard level which should be somewhere between 0,01-0,1 megatons. He also has Maximum strength which allows him to deliver damage to Hulk and Sentry. Saying that his strength is up to 100 tons if you want to believe into a stupid wiki and handbook is like saying that Thor and Hercules can lift 95 tons (according to handbook and wiki).

#36 Edited by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Bruh..

Maximum level means that it is the heaviest object that a person can lift with struggle.

Base level means you can lift an object with ease.

And Iron Man didn't struggle to pull 5 battleships, didn't struggle to lift helicarrier/building etc.

He's a Class 100,000 and a high tier.

#37 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus said:

@g2_: Bruh..

Maximum level means that it is the heaviest object that a person can lift with struggle.

Base level means you can lift an object with ease.

And Iron Man didn't struggle to pull 5 battleships, didn't struggle to lift helicarrier/building etc.

He's a Class 100,000 and a high tier.

bruh come on, thats superman level.

#38 Edited by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: @adriusus:Actually Iron-man's strength is even more then 100.000 tons.Classic Hulk could take the blow from ground zero nuke without damage when he is not angry at all.When he is at his weakes he can take full force of 50 megatons (50 000 000) of force without damage.Yet Iron-man was able to KO The Hulk. This was his maximum sence his armor lost all power and Stark fell into a coma so his maximux should be a lot more then 50 000 000 (sence Hulk was KOed and takes 50 000 000 without damage).However,Tony has upgraded his armors for a time and he could lift more then that.Like when he KOed the Hulk without falling into a coma and being suprised that he has done that or when he was beating up Wonder Man without much trouble who can also take 50 megatons easily (I have scans for all of those).And @g2_ 100 000 tons is nowhere near Superman's strength.Superman's strength is 7 sextillion tons.

#39 Edited by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Bruh. (again)

Not even close, Superman is a quintillion+ tonner.

#40 Posted by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: Bruh... Bruh.. Bruhhh...

Again, base level is what you can lift with ease. Maximum level means that highest you can lift with struggle.

Superman didn't struggled with quintillion tons.

Period.

#42 Edited by g2_ (2898 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_: There isn't enough evidence to show that Iron Man's base level is just 100 tons.

#44 Posted by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets see some Iron-man feats of pure strength:

Lifts this huge rocket wich by falling should weigh about few megatons (maybe 1 or 2).

Makes Sentry bleed.

Moves 5 cargo ships, and each one shoudl weight at least 45 000 tons.

Lifts the falling meteor.

Beats Namor that came out of the water.

Destroys the door with one punch, something that Namor wasn't able to do.

In order you shoudl look at scan 2 and then scan 1.Even in the water,Tony's water Iron-man drone stomps Namor yet Iron-man stomps the drone.

In order:Scan 3 then 2 and then scan 1.Tony beats Hulk with one punch (even tho he lost all power and fell into a coma).

Beats the hell out of Wonder Man who's strength is equal to Classic Thor and the Hulk.

Holds teh rock thar weights like a lot of megatons and throws it into the ocean alongside Thor,Vision and Wonder Man.

Scan 1: Destroys the mountain by launching himself into it.Scan 2: Punches Morals OFF Thor and makes him fly few miles away.Scan 3: Makes Savage Hulk scream in pain.Scan 4: Easily lifts 16 000 tons nuclear reactor and later thorew it into the ocean.Scan 5:Magneto detects that Iron-man can use his magnetism manopulation to drain energy from othe planets to increase his strength so he does the same.

Scan 1 and 2: More lifting feats Scan 3: Punches Hulk Scan 4: KOs Hulk with one punch and saying that he lost control Scan 5: Lifting the falling Heicarrier

#45 Posted by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Impressive, especially the huge rocket ones, something I never seen before.

#46 Edited by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: I see those KOing the Hulk feats more impressive.

#47 Edited by Adriusus (1424 posts) - - Show Bio

@krleavenger: Very much.

By the way, what issue is that huge rocket feat?

#48 Posted by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: Uh,I don't know.He uses Extremis so I would say some Incincible Iron-man vol 1 (2008-2012) issue.

#49 Posted by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: There is also this:

His Hulkbuster is basically equal to Hulk.

#50 Edited by KrleAvenger (6082 posts) - - Show Bio

@adriusus: There is also this:

Scan 1 and 4: He holds his own against Hercules and gives him pain with his punches Scan 2: Stomps Savage She-Hulk with one punch Scan 3: Stomps She-Hulk with one repulsor and he didn't know that he will do that Scan 5: Lifts giant monster.Look at that thing,it is as big as the town Scan 6: He lifts Daredevil easily and throws him.So Tony is super human without the Armor.

Look it up from backwards,from scan 6 to scan 1.Here he easily destroys the robot that She-Hulk,Iron Spider and Doc Samson could not even phase.

And there is Tony sucker punching Ms. Marvel and K.O.s her:

And this is how he is holding his own against World War Hulk:

Iron-man tie-in Version:

World War Hulk 1 version:

He gave him really good fight,making him fly away with the punch and taking like 10 blows from him (the last ones were like when he was super pissed off).

World War Hulk Buster was able to go toe-to-toe with WWHulk and take his blows.With that been said we have this:

The ndo-Sym armor in Hulk-like form wa sable to destroy WWHulk-buster much faster and easier then the Hulk.That is amazing feat!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.