Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11204 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

how many stars do you give iron man 3

scouts1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

Edited By scouts1998

Poll how many stars do you give iron man 3 (32 votes)

5 stars 9%
    4 stars 38%
    3 stars 31%
    2 stars 9%
    1 stars 13%
     • 
    JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

3. As much as I enjoyed the action I wasn't too thrilled with the main bad guy which in my opinion is the only thing I disliked about the three flicks. I just couldn't get interested in any of the three main bad guys from all the films also. Also I actually preferred the action in Iron Man 2 as well as the big final battle from IM2 than IM3.

JJ62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

4 outta 5 for me, I liked everything about it except that one drunk dude named Trevor. (I refuse to call it Mandarin)

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 out of 5 for me. It was good, but I don't think it surpassed the first.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By InnerVenom123

Best of the Iron Man movies, better than Avengers, and best villain of the MCU so far. 5/5.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By novi_homines

4. Iron Legion, Airplane Scene, and Jarvis were all amazing.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

2 out of 5. Enjoyable in parts but mostly because of a great special effects team and Robert Downey Jrs and Ben Kingsleys performances. Filled with plot holes, heavy handed humor, and was inconsistent with the tendencies of the main character.

OldManDuncan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5/5 It was pretty great.

BOOSTERwing700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -8

#8  Edited By BOOSTERwing700

i gave him 3 because:

Boring in most parts

wasnt as good as the other films

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

3.5 (3 seems low and 4 too much) stars not only because of the mandarin twist but because the humor compromised the drama
    the drama was building nicely and the humor killed it again and again and again
    also the characters did some pretty stupid decisions (Tony provoking mandarin,Killian not killing Tony or Pepper)

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

3 outta 5. Where as with 2 the whole thing was just mediocre. This one was filled with parts I absolutely loved and parts I completely hated. I felt so conflicted the whole time.

isaac_clarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By isaac_clarke

4.5/5 out of me. (arbitrary numbers ftw)

• Pros: Great character development for Stark - as he more or less embodies the shift into phase 2.
    • Cons: The humor. Most of it good, but it conflicted with the flow of the film at times due to it's frequent usage.
    • Bad and Good: The Mandarin twist was completely unexpected and rather entertaining. I wanted to see Ben Kingsley beat down Stark.
    @innervenom123 said:

Best of the Iron Man movies, better than Avengers, and best villain of the MCU so far. 5/5.

I agree with sentiment of being the best Iron Man so far. It was a lot more satisfying to have a face-off that didn't consist of another suited up villain.

xybernauts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xybernauts

3/5 stars

This movie was better than Iron Man 2, but worse than Iron Man 1. Iron Man 1 was the best IM movie. This movie certainly is not better than The Avengers. Avengers is the best superhero movie ever.

The villains in Iron Man 2 were better. AIM was very disappointing. It would have been nice if they developed the characters, particularly the brains behind the think tank.

I agree with @isaac_clarke: there was some good character development, but the movie didn't flow very well. The movie seemed to lack focus. Also, like @isaac_clarke: said, the humor "conflicted with the flow of the film at times due to it's frequent usage."

I hated the Mandarin twist. Ben Kingsley was doing such a great job developing the villainous sinister aspects of the Mandarin's character. I thought it was a really good idea to create a terrorist version of the Mandarin so the twist was a big let down.

I did like the way they developed the Extremis concept.

Don Cheadle did a much better job as Rhodey.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

3 stars for me. The action is amazing and it's a real crowd pleaser with the comedy. But it doesn't go much deeper than that. The promise was there for a great movie, but it fell short when it came to character development and was filled with plot holes.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
    Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2.5-3 stars. The humor probably ended up killing the film for me, as it kept popping up during the worst moments and derailing the tension. AIM and Extremis both could've used more development, and Rhodey's character goes both ways in this film. It was great to see him kicking ass outside the suit, as he is a trained officer, but considering how hyped it was that he'd be Iron Patriot, in and out of the movie, it was disappointing we didn't see him do more in the suit.

BigMaraSpence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 stars. I feel that everything about the movie was good, but nothing was finished. Not to say it could have been. 2 1/2 hours isn't enough to tell a story that big. The twist, I really want it to be a red herring. Still, I enjoyed it. Seeing Stark and Rhodes being shown consistently instead of IM and IP, made me care for them a lot more.

The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

1 out of 5.

Dreadful humour, tonal inconsistency and ridiculously poor characters.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It was bad really bad looking at it comic wise, as a movie it was just ok.The last fight scene was disappointing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.