Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11210 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Emily Blunt to Play the Villain in Iron Man 3?

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

Edited By sora_thekey
    Emily Blunt was originally cast to be Black Widow in Iron Man 2 before Scarlett Johansson but due to other commitments she had to drop the role. British newspaper The Daily Mail recently published an article respecting the rivalry that took place on the Iron Man 2 set between Gwyneth Paltrow and Scar Jo. After "announcing" that the plan is to have Scar Jo reprise the role of Black Widow in "a break-out movie from Iron Man" the article also says this: 

"Now I hear producers are planning to give Scarlett her own role in a break-out movie and are also hoping to land British star Emily Blunt to play the villain in the next Iron Man installment."

"They are desperate to have Emily as the villain in the next Iron Man film "
    No Caption Provided
    So they are desperate? I am guessing that's an hyperbole right there. This is probably just speculation since it has not been announced by Marvel Studios themselves. Although Blunt has worked with Captain America: The First Avenger's director Joe Johnston during The Wolfman, so she might have some "backstage access" to the production of the Marvel movies. I am not sure how trustworthy this newspaper is, so right now this is only a rumor but if Emily Blunt were to play a villain in IM3 who could she play?

Source: The Daily Mail
    -- Geo (sora_thekey), long time user, blogger, wiki editor of the Whiskey Media Sites, and an all time geek!
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By IrishX

Madam Masque
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

...But I thought the villain was gonna be Mandarin.... 

This is not good news =(

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Magian
    JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JCJQLB
    @IrishX said:
    "
    No Caption Provided
    Madam Masque "
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Madam Masque seems like the most logical choice, i could see them squeezing her in as one of the Mandarins henchwomen. 

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Gambit1024 said:
    " ...But I thought the villain was gonna be Mandarin....  This is not good news =( "
    Remember this is just speculation from a UK newspaper... Probably not that trustworthy!
    bingbangboom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By bingbangboom

I don't think this is trust worthy at all. I mean isn't the Daily Mail the one that said Cher was playing Catwoman? 

Madam Masque would be pretty interesting though I do think they are trying to set up Mandarin as the main villain in the next movie with the recent Annual. Now that book was weird but basically wiped the slate clean on what his actual history is and rebooted him, although they havn't done much with it since. I think that if they do Mandarin, they should work Fing Fang Foom into it just because it wouldn't be another robot type guy they are fighting which is what people felt like with Whiplash and the "Drones".

ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By ComicCrazy

OOOOO she would be good as Madam Masque.
    Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Gambit1024
    @sora_thekey: I hope so. Iron Man 3's still a long ways away so I'll be cool
    TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By TheMess1428
    @sora_thekey: They had a girl version of the Mandarin in the animated Iron Man movie. Maybe she can play that part.
    WhimsyWitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By WhimsyWitch

What if they have Emily Blunt as playing Black Widow II? (Yelena Belova)

MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By MrDirector786

I was hoping for the Mandarin to be the villain... unless they'll somehow find a way to make the Mandarin a girl?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.