Follow

Iron Man

Character » Iron Man appears in 11205 issues.

Tony Stark was the arrogant son of wealthy, weapon manufacturer Howard Stark. Tony cared only about himself, but he would have a change of heart after he was kidnapped by terrorists and gravely injured. Pressured to create a weapon of mass destruction, Stark instead created a suit of armor powerful enough for him to escape. Tony used his vast resources and intellect to make the world a better place as The Invincible Iron Man. Stark's super hero identity led him to become a founding member of the Avengers.

Creative Team for this fall's 'All-New, All-Different' INVINCIBLE IRON MAN Announced

• 124 results
    WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By WAM-Hope

Just one question, leaving aside if this is a reboot or not, are the characters going to remember the previous universe? Isn't that what makes a reboot a reboot? That the characters dont remember the previous universe?

Blinkshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@longbowhunter: On July 1st Marvel is releasing a Free comic guide that will have all the new titles and their creative teams.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

@longbowhunter: On July 1st Marvel is releasing a Free comic guide that will have all the new titles and their creative teams.

Ah, nice. Thanks for the heads up.

Man0ftomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bah..in 20 issues they will be making another change..Marvel is a one trick pony...All New, All Different...same writing...

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if it was said or not but it just hit me. That looks Tony Stark from Iron Man Armored Adventures.

WAM-Hope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure if it was said or not but it just hit me. That looks Tony Stark from Iron Man Armored Adventures.

I thought that too xD

KnightofSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigman1227: I totally agree with what you said regarding how Marvel should approach their numbering system. I'd love to see them do that, unfortunately though I think the way Marvel looks at it is that by going in with a totally fresh new #1 every once in a while will give them a bigger profit margin. This is unfortunate cause it is so annoying to readers but hey we keep on buying the books, and even more will buy it if it is a "first" issue.

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After reading a few comments i h a ve a question. Was i the only one who liked all new x men. I thought it was a good book.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Bendis huh?...Get ready for everything you ever knew and loved about iron man's history to be thrown out the window, and lots of time travel. Young Tony WILL meet Current tony some how

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tony_shark: Yeah it was future tech, but shouldn't the slits in his mask always be sealed?

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noone301994: Yeah, that was bullshit.

He doesn't job him as hard as other writers though

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By adamTRMM

Bendis also plans on picking up the plot thread from Kieron Gillen's run...

Bendis also plans on picking up the plot thread from Kieron Gillen's run...

Bendis also plans on picking up the plot thread from Kieron Gillen's run ...

That moment.... indescribable.

Where the hell were those plans of yours when picking up what Gillen did was actually needed?

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kurolegacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love to know how Bendis is gonna handle the Superior elephant in the room.

IAmNotGroot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of wish Bendis didn't do everything. Not that I don't like his writing, but I like to have diversity in the comic industry. I would like to see Bendis doing 1 or 2 books. Because when he is doing a bunch of books, some of it obviously ends up feeling half assed. Like the Guardians of the Galaxy symbiote planet arc was like 5 pages of them being on the actual planet.

reventon64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By reventon64

Bendis can be a good writer but based on what he has said about about the plot it tells me that Iron Man will be severely underpowered both in actual power and intelligence. His new armor doesn't make any sense either.

Avatar image for originalalchemist
    originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought he was going to be writing Jessica Jones or Daredevil again, but whatever. I am very optimistic about All New, All Different Marvel. I love how fans are always bitching about stuff. It just goes to prove this comic book proverb:

There are two times fans will bitch: When things change, and when things stay the same.

I think it's hilarious people think All New Marvel will be bad. Why? Two reasons:

1. It hasn't even begun yet, how can they say it's bad from two promos?!

2. Marvel has been planning this for YEARS. They KNOW what DC did wrong at the New 52 (don't worry, DC fan[boys], I still think the New 52 got SOME things right, like Green Arrow when Jeff Lemire came along) and they have (hopefully) learned from their mistakes.

I'm keeping an open mind, as I think this could be the greatest time for Marvel. I think that they should get around the #1 sales gimmick: they said they are treating this like "Seasons". So do one thing: In "Season 1" go from issue #1 to 15 or something. Then put a big #1 on issue 16, to signify that it is a new jumping on point, but keep the 16 number somewhere on the cover. That way, the book could go to freaking issue 600 without being completely renumbered, but with the #1 appearing every 15-20 or so issues, yet keeping the original numbering on the cover. I actually think this would solve the problem people have with new #1's (which is kind of annoying to me as well)

I couldn't agree more! Well said.

SkellySamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesomeperson: Superior Iron Man Is Cancelled Because of Secret Wars. Probably Tony Will Go Back to his normal Self.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tx12100: When/where does it say that???

Do you have link to an article????

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well, rightly or wrongly, I am looking forward to this.

tx12100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.