Follow

Iron Fist

Character » Iron Fist appears in 2256 issues.

The latest in a long line of warriors who wielded the power, Danny Rand is the immortal Iron Fist: protector of the mystical city of K'un Lun. He channels the soul of the dragon Shou-Lao making his fists into powerful weapons. He is among the best, if not the best fighter in the Marvel Universe. He has also been a member of The Defenders and the New Avengers.

The Ongoing Misuse of Iron Fist

justin_blank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By justin_blank

Ok, I really don't understand how Marvel's using Iron Fist and keeps lying about him. He was shown to be one of The Mighty in the early stages of Fear Itself, and it was said that he'd have a big role. Well the whole Mighty thing only lasted a few pages, and Iron Fist really wasn't a significant player in Fear Itself. During Fear Itself he popped up in Iron Man 2.0 and it was shown he was possessed by a demon or something like that. However, after his appearance in the that issue, this has never been referenced. Even his white costume. It turned white during the first story arc of The New Avengers, which actually gave him some face-time, but why it turned white or what the connection is with the eye of agamotto has also never been referenced since.

He had a mini-series with the new Power-man introduced during Shadowland but after that their partnership wasn't really mentioned again. Now Power-Man's popped up in Avengers academy. It was also said at the beginning of Avengers v.s. X-Men that Iron Fist would have a big role to play once again. It was also said that the iron fist would have some connection to the phoenix force. Iron Fist has been in the background during some of the series but hasn't really had his time to shine. Also the phoenix force connection was traded off on Hope Summers, and it seems like even that's been dropped.

Iron Fist isn't even in the New Avengers titled much. He was on the cover of issue 30 with Luke Cage and Daredevil. Both those characters are the main stars of the issue, but Iron Fist isn't in the issue at all! He was also featured on the covers of #25 and #26, but once again, he doesn't have a single appearance in either of those issues!

I wish Marvel would stop this, it's just misleading and confusing. Even the issue descriptions mention Danny Rand, despite him not being in the issues. Marvel keeps setting up stories with Iron Fist, and hinting that he'll play a larger role, but then they just leave him to be a piece of scenery in the background.

Not utilizing the character's one thing. That's their call, maybe the character's just not popular enough. What I don't understand is why they keep starting to give him a push only to pull him back. At least he's in the Defenders though, and amazingly even gets a few lines in that comic!

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kid Apollo

i say he should ditch the Avengers and do a solo series again. his was so sick, loved all the background info on the immortal weapons and seeing them going into the 8th city was one of my favorite stories in such a long time. i totally agree that they keep setting him up and then leave him alone, they keep teasing and tempting us with stories set around him but so far hes just background fodder. i like my fist solo and kickin

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By RoboShark

Defenders right now is criminally underrated and under exposed.

Fist bottom line needs a solo book going again.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Strafe Prower

Iron Fist can have Fraction back for a solo. Get him away from Hawkeye!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Iron Fist is one of those characters on the line between popular and obscure. Those characters for Marvel are interchangeable. If they put out a book for him and it does great, cool..if not, they aren't to concerned with it because they have 8-9 other heroes that can take his spot an any given moment. Iron Fist did have a role in  Avengers v.s. X-Men, that Iron Fist just happened to be Fonji Wu and not Danny Rand. Most events are Avengers related and Iron Fist isn't really an important Avenger. As an Iron Fist fan I'm thrilled with all the face time he's getting without actually having an ongoing. I don't see Marvel holding out too much longer before he has an ongoing again. Immortal Iron Fist was AMAZING, I think it just came at the wrong time in Marvel's history. They need to get their priorities straight.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @RoboShark said:

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
    Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gritterr

@Strafe Prower said:

The First 2 issues of Hawkeye have been amazing

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Blood1991

@Gritterr said:

@Strafe Prower said:

I agree I'm enjoying the series immensely. It may not be perfect with the characters history, but it is far better than what he has gotten elsewhere.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Strafe Prower

@Blood1991 said:

@Gritterr said:

@Strafe Prower said:

I agree I'm enjoying the series immensely. It may not be perfect with the characters history, but it is far better than what he has gotten elsewhere.

Not only does it not follow the characters history, but it misinterprets the character's abilities and personality. It's mediocre at best.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gritterr

I'm not a Clint Purist by any means so the changes don't bother me. Its an entertaining story and Clint is interesting and endearing so I'm happy. Don't you think calling it Mediocre is a bit harsh? History aside the book is well written

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By daredevil21134

@Strafe Prower said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Gritterr said:

@Strafe Prower said:

Not only does it not follow the characters history, but it misinterprets the character's abilities and personality. It's mediocre at best.

I've been a Hawkeye fan for a long time and I wouldn't call the series perfect or amazing at all but I am interested to where its going.If I had my way I would put Jim Mccann back on the series.One of the things I don't like about the current series is Hawkeye getting his ass handed to him by normal thugs he's better than that.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Strafe Prower

@Gritterr: It's not a well-written story if it ignores history ;)

@daredevil21134: Agreed on all parts.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Vance Astro
    @RoboShark said:

It's the Avengers fault. Marvel seems bent on making them more important than everything, no matter the cost. It's getting out of hand now. Maybe they should have spent less time promoting the X-Men as their most popular team and they wouldn't now be trying so hard to push the Avengers into that position, when that's where they should have been in the first place.
    Defenders destroyed the Immortal Weapons
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jonny_Anonymous said:
    @Vance Astro
    @RoboShark said:

Ok?
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@Vance Astro said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
    @Vance Astro
    @RoboShark said:

Ok?

They killed half the team and made one evil

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Jonny_Anonymous said:

I hope this doesn't come off rude...I don't know why you're telling me this. I'm behind on Defenders, maybe I missed something.
    Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Daycrawler

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
    @Vance Astro
    @RoboShark said:

Ok?

The Immortal Weapons all survived due to Doc Strange creating a time paradox (or something - need to re-read!). Effectively, what happened didn't actually happen as Strange fixed things.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    @Daycrawler said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Vance Astro said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
    @Vance Astro
    @RoboShark said:

Ok?

The Immortal Weapons all survived due to Doc Strange creating a time paradox (or something - need to re-read!). Effectively, what happened didn't actually happen as Strange fixed things.

Oh really? did you have scans or something, I'd kind of like to see that?
    fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By fodigg

I hope they sneak an Iron Fist appearance into the Fraction/AjaHawkeye book.

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By JeanRalphio

Still,nada.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chapmar

This whole netflix deal means there will have to be something. It's so weird because Danny pops up in the most random places. Like he, out of all marvels characters, was a character in marvel vs capcom 3?

JeanRalphio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@chapmar said:

This whole netflix deal means there will have to be something. It's so weird because Danny pops up in the most random places. Like he, out of all marvels characters, was a character in marvel vs capcom 3?

He had to be in that,it would be wrong to not put Marvel's top martial artist in their fighting game,even though they severely underrated him. They'll probably do a Defenders mini but he needs an ongoing. Joe Quesada said IF had risen in stock over the years and there were some big plans but we've seen mediocrity and that was in 2009.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@justin_blank: I feel your pain. He isn't part of any team and doesn't even have a MARVEL NOW! book. Almost all other characters got one. At-least put him in a Heroes for Hire title with Luke Cage.

Chapmar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just let Bendis write heroes for Iron with Iron Fist and Luke Cage, no more of this fake heroes for hire

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.