Infinity #6

• 66 results
    blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What is everyone complaining about? How was Thanos not displayed well in power? First we have Hulk dive at him, what does Thanos do? Simply punch him across the town their in. We have Captain Mar-Vell (Binary) easily slapped aside like a wasp by Thanos. Than we a battIehave been waiting for, Thor vs Thanos. We have Thanos block a strike from Mjolnir with his hand, and than takes multiple lightning strikes from Thor without flinching or anything! He did not move, than we have Thor hit him with an amped lightning strike and he still barely moves. They soon lock arms and we soon see who is the physically superior. The guy was letting off so much energy thatTthe Avengers went flying and they're costumes began to fray off. Before all of this we have Thanos one-shotting Black Dwarf the guy who was taken on the combined might of the alliance ( Gladiator, Super-Skrull, Anihllus, and Ronan ). Although he lost to Black Panther, doesn't add up, but whatever. Last but least we have him tanking full blown screams from Black Bolt that only gives him a nose bleed and rips his clothes. Honestly Thanos was NOT hurt through this entire event and he was made to look a lot more powerful than anyone ( Except his son, Captain Universe and Star brand maybe ).

You people want too much, he was displayed well in my opinion.

With that out of the way. I loved this issue, and I believe this was a very sucessful event. I loved it way more than Avengers Vs X-Men and believe that this is how Marvel should go back to writing events. One thing i did not like was the whole Black Widow and Shang Chi were out of place, but it was alright.

Well put sir...I agree with everything you said. Awesome event, best since Dark Angel Saga and Court of Owls IMO

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@tigerkaya@mxyzptlk_cv

Thanks. I love Thanos. He's my favorite Marvel villain. It's just that recently he hasn't been written as well as he should.

I believe he should be powerful, capable of taking on a fighting mad Hulk, Thor and Hyperion all at once and managing to match them/hold his own for quite a spell. But I also believe he should be extremely cunning and intelligent. That's what makes him a threat. Not his power, but his intellect and cunning.

But ever since 'Thanos Imperative' he's been severely lacking those qualities that I loved about him. And 'Infinity' finale didn't bring out the Thanos that I know, love and respect.

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

This was great. Infinity as a whole, probably my favorite Marvel Event since secret wars.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tigerkaya@mxyzptlk_cv

Thanks. I love Thanos. He's my favorite Marvel villain. It's just that recently he hasn't been written as well as he should.

I believe he should be powerful, capable of taking on a fighting mad Hulk, Thor and Hyperion all at once and managing to match them/hold his own for quite a spell. But I also believe he should be extremely cunning and intelligent. That's what makes him a threat. Not his power, but his intellect and cunning.

But ever since 'Thanos Imperative' he's been severely lacking those qualities that I loved about him. And 'Infinity' finale didn't bring out the Thanos that I know, love and respect.

This!!!...I was posting the same thing on another thread I don't remember which one it was...I agree with you 100%!!

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@thundergodswrath said:

What is everyone complaining about? How was Thanos not displayed well in power? First we have Hulk dive at him, what does Thanos do? Simply punch him across the town their in. We have Captain Mar-Vell (Binary) easily slapped aside like a wasp by Thanos. Than we a battIehave been waiting for, Thor vs Thanos. We have Thanos block a strike from Mjolnir with his hand, and than takes multiple lightning strikes from Thor without flinching or anything! He did not move, than we have Thor hit him with an amped lightning strike and he still barely moves. They soon lock arms and we soon see who is the physically superior. The guy was letting off so much energy thatTthe Avengers went flying and they're costumes began to fray off. Before all of this we have Thanos one-shotting Black Dwarf the guy who was taken on the combined might of the alliance ( Gladiator, Super-Skrull, Anihllus, and Ronan ). Although he lost to Black Panther, doesn't add up, but whatever. Last but least we have him tanking full blown screams from Black Bolt that only gives him a nose bleed and rips his clothes. Honestly Thanos was NOT hurt through this entire event and he was made to look a lot more powerful than anyone ( Except his son, Captain Universe and Star brand maybe ).

You people want too much, he was displayed well in my opinion.

With that out of the way. I loved this issue, and I believe this was a very sucessful event. I loved it way more than Avengers Vs X-Men and believe that this is how Marvel should go back to writing events. One thing i did not like was the whole Black Widow and Shang Chi were out of place, but it was alright.

Well put sir...I agree with everything you said. Awesome event, best since Dark Angel Saga and Court of Owls IMO

I agree too, he could hardly have been more powerful really! Who else has shrugged off all those hits and don't forget the full Black Bolt scream to the face in an earlier issue which was just shrugged off...

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow. Thane was really powerful.

Star_Boy616

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it was a great story and the ending is obviously a setup for a bigger Avengers event with Hickman.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

#60  Edited By iceslick

@undeadpool: I almost gave up hope on Marvel after Age of Ultron. But ever since I read Infinity I have truly fell in love. It's definitely up there with the House of M as one of Marvel's best events. I love how Jonathan Hickman writes everything so expansive and detailed. Nothing really felt rushed at all. It was really neatly organize. Even the tie-ins have been pretty good, I'm even surprise by the Secret Avengers ones because that series has been pretty terrible. The only disappointing tie-ins was The Hunt. But yeah, I'm definitely buying the omnibus collection that includes the tie-ins. I'm glad you were able to give good reviews to an event that is actually good. It's really funny how people are able to judge over here about a series they haven't even read yet or they are just brushing through the pages for the action or a specific character instead of reading the stories thoroughly. It's simple, it not that hard to understand the story. I'm just starting to think people aren't intelligent enough to understand these stories because they are so easily "confused". I'm really getting tired of this character bias world we live in. We should be reading these comic books for the great stories that are written not the characters. I also think Jonathan Hickman should take over for writing events for now on or at least be a consultant. As much as I love Bendis, he tries too hard to fit everything into so few pages. He need to be more expansive so he won't have to rush in all the time in the last few issues *cough* Battle of the Atom. I have truly loved Infinity, honestly.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By GreenScar1990

@mxyzptlk_cv: Thanks.

There's also another angle I could see besides Thanos wanting to become his own definition of Death and spite his former love.

I think it would have been interesting if Thanos' desire to kill Thane was out of a father's mercy. Now let me explain.

Thanos would be determined to kill all of his offspring not out of fear that they'd seek to end him, but that they would become like himself. He fears that they would be manipulated by Death and become like him or something far worse. They would endure all the horror that Thanos himself went through his entire life. That's why he was determined to kill all of his children. Not out of bloodlust, not out of fear or sport, but out of mercy. The mercy of a father.

Why couldn't Marvel and Hickman have done something like this with Infinity? I mean, Thanos coming to seek the Infinity Gems and to kill his son with little or no reason as to why? Doesn't sound like the Thanos I know. There's usually more to it than that when the Mad Titan is concerned.

Who agrees with me?

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: I agree!!! That would have been awesome!!! Marvel should hire you...you have some great ideas...especially the last one...if you take his "redemption arc" (Thanos series 2004) into consideration...it actually makes sense! ;)

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63  Edited By OmegaHans

This event was pretty good, except the ending, but then again, it left openings for future events so no real complaints.

Off topic slightly, but I hope Marvel eventually explains the LT situation, I'm really wanting to know what's going to happen about that.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxyzptlk_cv: Thanks.

There's also another angle I could see besides Thanos wanting to become his own definition of Death and spite his former love.

I think it would have been interesting if Thanos' desire to kill Thane was out of a father's mercy. Now let me explain.

Thanos would be determined to kill all of his offspring not out of fear that they'd seek to end him, but that they would become like himself. He fears that they would be manipulated by Death and become like him or something far worse. They would endure all the horror that Thanos himself went through his entire life. That's why he was determined to kill all of his children. Not out of bloodlust, not out of fear or sport, but out of mercy. The mercy of a father.

Why couldn't Marvel and Hickman have done something like this with Infinity? I mean, Thanos coming to seek the Infinity Gems and to kill his son with little or no reason as to why? Doesn't sound like the Thanos I know. There's usually more to it than that when the Mad Titan is concerned.

Who agrees with me?

Again great idea on Thanos motive. It still keeps to that warp kind father he was like when he adopted Gamora. Him killing his kids to avoid having them become like the man he once was gives him more a new story angle to tell without boarding to doing the same story lines and reducing his character back to early Starlin days.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicBookCoby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@citizenbane:

I'm wondering the same thing. I disagree with the review. I hated this story. Too big. Too many questions. Not enough detail. For as many pages (50+) as Infinity 6 was, there was a drastic lacking for any storytelling whatsoever.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#67 owie  Moderator

I'm on the less-than-impressed side. To me, it was Annihilation redux, except that instead of a bunch of mostly cosmic types beating the alien invasion, it was a bunch of mostly Earth-tied Avengers (wearing ridiculous space suits and flying space cycles and shooting arrows in space etc.) that beat them. The Builder and Thanos parts of the plot didn't really come together. Thanos' lackeys kept changing in power levels. The Ex Nihili and Starbrand seemed important, until they weren't. Why wouldn't Starbrand just toast Thanos the way he did the space pirates, and why didn't he toast the pirates earlier? The aliens were undefeatable, until they weren't. This was alright, and certainly was better than Ultron, but it could have been told in half the issues. It just felt very repetitive, issue to issue. Will the Avengers destroy the space ship? Will they this time? How about this time? Will Thanos' lackeys, whose names are all annoyingly grandiose or boring, beat the heroes, despite the lackeys' general lack of powers? Etc. Good to see Thanos give a good beat down though.

Armaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Armaziel

Hi. Im new to this forum and havent been reading comics for the last decade or so. The thing that made me go back started with the FCBD Infinity. I have been a big fan of Thanos ever since the Infinity trilogy. As was mentioned, What made love Thanos as a Villain is because of his cunning intellect (making everyone look like fools).

The story has been great but i only have one problem with it. Marvel hyped it up as "the earth shattering return of Thanos." But somehow, It felt like he's just a side story, since the series, running through infinity , avengers and new avengers core storyline, focused more on the builders saga.

I thought the storyline would have focused on him more, and the builders would be the side story.

The ending is ok though, but I would have assumed something that Thanos wouldve getaway with the Avengers thinking they won but actually didn't (like getting the reality gem or something.)

EDIT:

Oh and yeah, earlier in the event it was mentioned that not having all the infinity gems would mean they would recreate the infinity Gauntlet. I thought the gems can't be used in unison anymore whatever the circumstance by the ruling of Living Tribunal (Infinity War #6) or am I missing something?

mogo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I overall liked the whole event. Good art and relevant (almost required) side issues. Loved issue four and the battle between BB and Thanos, but bummed Thanos didnt take more damage from the screams. Then I read issue six and he took even less damage from Thor. (Big BB fan)

I'm surprised I haven't been able to find any Memes of BB face when he got out of the rubble

Overall a good event with a bunch of big moments

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.