Follow

Iceman

Character » Iceman appears in 8022 issues.

The youngest member of the original X-Men. Bobby is an Omega-level mutant, although it took some help from Emma Frost to realize this. Bobby's control of ice is vast; he can create shields, clones, spikes, slides and also freeze others. He was recently elected to Krakoa's X-Men

In the Avengers?

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Green Skin

I've recently been enlightened to how powerful Iceman really is.  I think it would be awesome to see him join the Avengers, what do you guys think?

I mean it makes a lot more sense than Logan, Echo, Iron Fist, or Cage.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't think him being an Avenger makes more sense than Wolverine,Cage,Iron Fist,Logan or Echo and I don't want him in the Avengers.He's an X-man.There aren't enough mutants to go around.

The Sadhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By The Sadhu

As powerful as he maybe... he should stay with the X-Men... IMO
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By jordama

He is an X-Men for life. when he joined defenders or Champions it was just weird.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PrinceIMC

The Avengers are Earth's best heroes not necessarily Earth's most powerful. Iceman just kinda hangs out until he's needed, Hawkeye trains at least 6 hours a day to be in the best shape. Though a team of smart-asses would be entertaining. Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Iceman, Human Torch, Iron Fist, Deadpool.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By iLLituracy
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " The Avengers are Earth's best heroes not necessarily Earth's most powerful. Iceman just kinda hangs out until he's needed, Hawkeye trains at least 6 hours a day to be in the best shape. Though a team of smart-asses would be entertaining. Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Iceman, Human Torch, Iron Fist, Deadpool. "

Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy... 

You snuck Iron Fist in there! He's no smartass!
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Green Skin
    @Vance Astro said:
    " I don't think him being an Avenger makes more sense than Wolverine,Cage,Iron Fist,Logan or Echo and I don't want him in the Avengers.He's an X-man.There aren't enough mutants to go around. "
    It makes more sense to me because he is way more powerful than any of those listed.  If the Avengers are suppose to be Marvel's greatest heroes Iceman definitely has the potential to be one of them.  It just seems like a waste that great characters like Drake sit in X-book purgatory while you have Logan being used everywhere.  He could be the ambassador type person from Utopia that serves on the Avengers.  Wouldn't be any weirder than Logan and Spider on the Avengers.  Or Hawkeye on Thunderbolts for that matter.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Green Skin said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " I don't think him being an Avenger makes more sense than Wolverine,Cage,Iron Fist,Logan or Echo and I don't want him in the Avengers.He's an X-man.There aren't enough mutants to go around. "
    It makes more sense to me because he is way more powerful than any of those listed.  If the Avengers are suppose to be Marvel's greatest heroes Iceman definitely has the potential to be one of them.  It just seems like a waste that great characters like Drake sit in X-book purgatory while you have Logan being used everywhere.  He could be the ambassador type person from Utopia that serves on the Avengers.  Wouldn't be any weirder than Logan and Spider on the Avengers.  Or Hawkeye on Thunderbolts for that matter. "
    That''s actually why he doesn't fit.The New Avengers are street levelers(save for Ms.Marvel) and Iceman wouldn't fit with them.The Mighty Avengers wouldn't be a fit for him either because they are supposed to be set up of the Original Avengers.Drake is a cool character but the X-men need him more than the Avengers do. 
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Green Skin
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @Green Skin said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    It makes more sense to me because he is way more powerful than any of those listed.  If the Avengers are suppose to be Marvel's greatest heroes Iceman definitely has the potential to be one of them.  It just seems like a waste that great characters like Drake sit in X-book purgatory while you have Logan being used everywhere.  He could be the ambassador type person from Utopia that serves on the Avengers.  Wouldn't be any weirder than Logan and Spider on the Avengers.  Or Hawkeye on Thunderbolts for that matter. "
    That''s actually why he doesn't fit.The New Avengers are street levelers(save for Ms.Marvel) and Iceman wouldn't fit with them.The Mighty Avengers wouldn't be a fit for him either because they are supposed to be set up of the Original Avengers.Drake is a cool character but the X-men need him more than the Avengers do.  "

I agree he wouldn't fit on the current teams.  I was thinking more if they went back to having 1 main Avengers team like back in the day.  He doesn't seem to get much face time with the Xmen these days though.   He could always pull double duty.  I can understand leaving him where he is but babies gotta leave the nest eventually.  Thats IMO though.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @PrinceIMC said:
    " The Avengers are Earth's best heroes not necessarily Earth's most powerful. Iceman just kinda hangs out until he's needed, Hawkeye trains at least 6 hours a day to be in the best shape. Though a team of smart-asses would be entertaining. Hawkeye, Spider-Man, Iceman, Human Torch, Iron Fist, Deadpool. "
    ...  Heeeeeeeeeeeeyyyy...  You snuck Iron Fist in there! He's no smartass! "
    Oh he can be. His quips are a little rusty but there are times when he's a smartass.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PrinceIMC
    @Green Skin said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Green Skin said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    That''s actually why he doesn't fit.The New Avengers are street levelers(save for Ms.Marvel) and Iceman wouldn't fit with them.The Mighty Avengers wouldn't be a fit for him either because they are supposed to be set up of the Original Avengers.Drake is a cool character but the X-men need him more than the Avengers do.  "
     I agree he wouldn't fit on the current teams.  I was thinking more if they went back to having 1 main Avengers team like back in the day.  He doesn't seem to get much face time with the Xmen these days though.   He could always pull double duty.  I can understand leaving him where he is but babies gotta leave the nest eventually.  Thats IMO though. "
    I just don't see Iceman as the kind of hero that is usually in the Avengers. Someone going out and doing good whenever they can to help people. Iceman is too selfish.  For most of his heroic career he's joined teams just because his friends are there not because he necessarily has the heroic ideal.
    Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Green Skin
    @PrinceIMC said:
    " @Green Skin said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
    " @Green Skin said:
    " @Vance Astro said:
     I agree he wouldn't fit on the current teams.  I was thinking more if they went back to having 1 main Avengers team like back in the day.  He doesn't seem to get much face time with the Xmen these days though.   He could always pull double duty.  I can understand leaving him where he is but babies gotta leave the nest eventually.  Thats IMO though. "
    I just don't see Iceman as the kind of hero that is usually in the Avengers. Someone going out and doing good whenever they can to help people. Iceman is too selfish.  For most of his heroic career he's joined teams just because his friends are there not because he necessarily has the heroic ideal. "
    Doesn't mean that always has to be the case.  Characters evolve over time and Drake may get to the point where he wants to give it a shot. Who knows there are many ways that they could write him into the team.  Most times people don't choose to join the Avengers, teams just kinda of form. Thats one of the reasons it could work if it was written well.  

They have to bring new blood into the Avengers periodically, otherwise it's just the same old members rotating around and it gets stale fast.  I'd much rather read someone like Drake on the Avengers than some of the lame members they've had over the years.  Plus it'd be weird and probably piss some folks off, but the more fanboys complain the better the sales usually are. He was in The Champions back in the day, so it's not unheard of for him to be on another team.  It's kinda like when a Teen Titan joins the JLA.  Or I least thats how I think of it.  Some change is good and really pays off, some is bad and gets quickly reverted back.  I think it'd be a gamble worth taking.  

Its a bit like Spiderman and Beast in the Avengers.  Both highly unlikely people to be in the group, but both had some classic moments while on the team.  What could it hurt, it's not like he's getting much action in the X books.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By John Valentine

Keep him on the X-Men. He doesn't suit any of the current Avengers teams.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Bring back the Amazing Super-friends, now that was a team.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By John Valentine

He's been on non-X-Teams before anyway..... Champions? Defenders? That didn't last.  

X-Men for life!

forsake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By forsake

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @fesak said:
    " Bring back the Amazing Super-friends, now that was a team. "
    Damn right.

Also, seems like the world and its mother has been on the Avengers, or one of the Avenger teams, hes better off as he is, An X-Man through and though.
    RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By RedK
    @fesak said:
    " Bring back the Amazing Super-friends, now that was a team. "
    definitely, just replace firestar with the Human Torch.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.