Follow

Hyperion

Character » Hyperion appears in 667 issues.

Hyperion is Marvel's first Superman pastiche. He is most often associated with the super-team known as the Squadron Supreme and was an Avenger at one point. Though he is one of many active versions across a myriad of alternate universes, Hyperion is still one of the mightiest super-humans in the Marvel Multiverse.

The Rise of Another King Hyperion?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
    deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I took a look at a couple issues of Squadron Supreme recently and learned that Hyperion has completely lost it. He murdered The President of The United States as well as several other people and is preparing to conquer the entire Planet. He claims that he is not doing anything wrong and that this isn't a matter of world conquest but it's clearly obvious that this is a matter of world conquest. Is it possible that the Supremeverse Hyperion is following in the footsteps of his deranged Earth-4023 counterpart? Is it possible that this Hyperion...

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    ...will soon become more or less like this Hyperion? Will he end up becoming exact opposite of the hero he believes himself to be? What do you guys think? Is Supremeverse Hyperion on the road to becoming a reflection of his darkest alternate reality counterpart or will he be able to get a grip on himself and stop this madness before it's too late? Personally...I think by killing the President of The United States of America he has passed the point of no return and that there is absolutely no hope for redemption now.
    Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Darkchild

i havnt really been following Squadron but hes always had that chip

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By dane

Um I think once you kill the President and stuff you've pretty much passed from 'hero' to 'villain' it'd be nice if Marvel could do a Justice League type team without going 'oh mans they're way dark now ooOoOo edgy!' or even pretty much any alternate reality team. Its kind of getting old.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

I think Marvel has been having fun exploring the 'What if Superman went nuts?' stories using Hyperion to play the lead role.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
    @PowerHerc: I thought that was Superboy-Prime?

Anyway i'd love too see This Hyperion fight king Hyperion.,
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By PowerHerc

@Primmaster64: No, Superboy-Prime is DC's vehicle for exploring the 'What if Superman went nuts?' possibilities.

I too would like to see that battle of the Hyperions.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.