Follow

Huntress (Bertinelli)

Character » Huntress (Bertinelli) appears in 1168 issues.

Helena Bertinelli, born into one of Gotham's mafia families, became a spy and vigilante, destroying those that had killed her family. As a key member of the Birds of Prey, she has moved toward brutal, but non-lethal methods for fighting crime.

Awesome Toy Picks: Huntress (Signature Collection)

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. This week were going to look at another figure from MattyCollector. Let's take a look at their version of Huntress.

No Caption Provided

This was the September selection for their Club Infinite Earths. Unfortunately it is sold out. There are some available on eBay.

Which version of Huntress is this? It might be obvious by the costume. You can clearly see on the back of the packaging.

No Caption Provided

This is the Helena Bertinelli version.

You can see she comes with her crossbow. There is plenty of articulation so you can position her in different poses.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

The figure has long hair had a flowing cape that doesn't weigh it down. With other figures with similar items, they can easily become top heavy. This is also where the ankle articulation comes in handy to allow for the different positioning.

No Caption Provided

An interesting little touch is a holstered gun on her right leg. It's part of the molding and is not removable.

No Caption Provided

You can also see, she has pouches - a lot of them.

No Caption Provided

You can also see she has the 'tummy window' in her costume. What it's purpose is may never be known. You would think she'd prefer a costume with at least some sort of protection since punching someone in the gut is a common move. Maybe she's just too good at avoiding punches.

Her head can be moved. I was afraid that with all that hair, you wouldn't be able to move it left or right.

No Caption Provided

The crossbow is a little lacking.

No Caption Provided

It's understandable that it would be one color. Adding that sort of detail would add to the production cost. The other strange thing is the way she holds it. By gripping it in this manner, she can't reach the trigger.

No Caption Provided

I was impressed with her ability to stand so easily with the cape and hair. You can move her around and it's not a battle to get her to stand as it's often been with other figures.

No Caption Provided

She also has an impressive grip. She was easily put in a hanging position.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

As far as the figure is overall, it's cool to have a Huntress figure but there are some minor complaints. I'm not a big fan of the stomach articulation. I've never used it in positioning a figure. By having it, it makes a big seam in the figure. The figure's head sculpt also looks a little weird from certain angles.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

But still, it's Huntress. She's a cool character so who wouldn't want a figure of her?

No Caption Provided

That wraps up this edition. We'll see if there's an installment next week as New York Comic Con will be going on and we'll be busy covering everything. But you never know!

What are your thoughts on Huntress and this figure?

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

First! Huntress rocks!

Sawcesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I WANTS IT.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By lifeboy

I would get this but I don't want the villians on my wall to hurt her.

It looks as if te dc website rolled out there Christmas inventory.

Here is what I am going to try to get

1Pandora figure

2Joker Joes Garage figure

3Catwoman Figure

4Black Manta figue

5 Katana figure

6 maybe Bane figure

I just need to find out if they are going to be mattel or dc direct.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: The ones you mentioned look like DC direct. I'm waiting on the Cs figures which look like Mattel.

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@g_man: I sort of have mixed feelings on this Huntress costume ever since The New 52. I use to love this costume but when I saw the change I thought it was an improvement. Mainly because her costume is just too over sexualize for no reason and I realize it doesn't quite fit her character. To me it makes better sense to have her stomach covered and black tights for more protection. And I'm assuming this figure sort has the Rob Liefeld syndrome with the pouches. lol I definitely like the Huntress figure I have which is from The Hush series. I just think Jim Lee is the only person for me who can pull off for me to like the original costume.

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I love these toy picks you do. Pointing out the pros and cons whilst having awesome photos.

This Huntress doesn't seem to be worth the money, the weird crossbow that has the trigger way too far from the handle, the lack of head movement, and the gun holster that's molded to the leg all tell me I shouldn't bother. Also, of all the various Huntress looks, that's the outfit I dislike the most.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lifeboy

@colanicole: thanks! Im hoping so, but I'm going to call shopdc just to be sure.

Speaking of the C.S. did you see the Jonny Quick / Atomica combination pack? She is just the cutest little thing. Lol

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lifeboy: I did and it looks sweet. I've taken a massive liking to the CS. Problem with Mattel is that the quality is hit or miss. The Black Manta figure looks great. The detail in the muscle is brilliant. Fingers crossed for the CS. It'l look abit crappy next to my JL set if they look nothing alike in quality.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By MrMazz

aw i was hoping for an Arrow themed Huntress with them crazy eyes and bad acting

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

Oh yeah I'm getting this. Also that read up on the back? Just another reminder why I DESPISE the New 52. THEY RUINED HUNTRESS!!!! HELENA BERTINELLI NEVER EXISTING MY ASS!!!!!! WHY MUST EVERYTHING REVOLVE AROUND BATMAN?!?!?!? WHAT WAS SO WRONG WITH A HUNTRESS THAT WAS NOT BLOOD RELATED TO BATMAN AND JUST A MEMBER OF THE BAT FAMILY AND AND WHO HAD AN INFINITELY MORE INTERESTING BACKSTORY THAN "OH SHE'S BATMAN'S DAUGHTER"?!?!?!??!?!?!

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
    ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I'm loving the art on the box! It reminds me of the Tekken series.

I love everything but the belly window.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Should offer a "Worlds' Finest" thing and have PG be part of the package with Hunty.

RoTheKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very cool toy and I love the artwork on the back of the box! Anyway, keep up the great work, Tony! :)

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

YES! I never knew this figure was Helena Bertinelli. Now, I will buy it. For absolute certain. DC, get Helena Bertinelli back in the game.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@lifeboy: there is going to be a pandora figure?? oh cool. when does it come out?

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10: yup! Check it out on the dc website. It comes with the skull box and looks really cool. Its on pre-order for christmas i think. Im also revenous for the katana figure but it comes in a combo pack with Wondy which I already have :(

herrweis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By herrweis

I always love any huntress figure they put out

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@perfect_10: @colanicole: hi ladies :)= I just thought I'd share with you a coupon code that I found on my mail subscription, since you seemed to show interest in some of the figures. Its for $10 off a purchase of 50 or more at the shopdc site. It follows- DCCFALL13

Also its free shipping on orders over 50.

Those pandora and jokers joes garage figures are as good as mine!

UNDERDOGZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the box art, she looks like lady gaga

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.