Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Would This Hulk Trilogy Work?

Avatar image for dementedtheclown
    dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hulk vs. Wolverine (Sequel to The Wolverine)
    Hulk vs Iron Man (Sequel to Avengers 2 / Iron Man 3)
    Hulk vs Thor (Sequel to Avengers 2 / Thor Dark World)

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That sounds really good to me.

HeavyWeight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HeavyWeight

No reason it wouldn't, except spawn some more debate over who should win.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Wait, so it would just be a movie about Hulk fighting those characters? Why not just make a World War Hulk movie, and then he can fight them and more in one movie?

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I honestly wouldn't know how to keep it interesting for longer than an hour and 20 minutes, other than making it an animated film, same reason superman fighting doomsday for a whole film wouldn't work imo it would be one long fight, which is fine for me, but yeah...If you can flesh it out good enough to make it interesting the whole way through then sure

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Well they could build a story around it, doesnt have to be 2 hours of fighting obviously.
    It would likely be an adaptation of Wolverines 1st appearance in comics.

The Iron Man one would work well, would basically be an Iron Man movie with Hulk as a villian.
    Hulk loses control again, starts fucking shit up, Iron Man flies in to talk him down gets ass kicked, flies in with protohulk-buster gets ass kicked again learns armors flaws, builds real hulk buster epic show down, send hulk through portal to get rid of him.

Que vs Thor, Hulk comes through portal to Asguard, Loki uses this to advantage, Thor kicks some ass, Hulk tries to pick up Mjolnir, Thor kicks his ass into another portal. After Credits reveal Planet Hulk.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

Wolverine is owned by Fox.

Avatar image for banestrokelobogrundybatarrow
    BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Wolverine and hulk sweeeeeeet

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

Well they could build a story around it, doesnt have to be 2 hours of fighting obviously.

It would likely be an adaptation of Wolverines 1st appearance in comics.

The Iron Man one would work well, would basically be an Iron Man movie with Hulk as a villian.

Hulk loses control again, starts fucking shit up, Iron Man flies in to talk him down gets ass kicked, flies in with protohulk-buster gets ass kicked again learns armors flaws, builds real hulk buster epic show down, send hulk through portal to get rid of him.

Que vs Thor, Hulk comes through portal to Asguard, Loki uses this to advantage, Thor kicks some ass, Hulk tries to pick up Mjolnir, Thor kicks his ass into another portal. After Credits reveal Planet Hulk.

people say this like it's no problem but the end result gets messy. I would definitely be iffy about it but if they can pull it off without it coming off as Saturday morning cartoonish or corny then I'd be game.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

I'd rather have them go with a stand alone hulk story (where near the end he proves to be too big a threat to earth and then they go to Planet Hulk, and then end it with World War Hulk. You could tie in all the already established Marvel movie characters and not have to try and remake animated movies that have already been made.

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dementedtheclown

@w0nd: It is no problem, just need the right people attached

@teerack said:

So? Hulk is doing crappy, they can afford to lend him out for a movie.

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By dementedtheclown

@supremehyperion: Yeah but I dont consider the animated Marvel films to exist they are so bad.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would give him his own movies not let him just fight other heroes.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RaynorJ

@dementedtheclown:

What's wrong with the animated Marvel films?

Also Hulk is doing fine in fact to the audience that went to see the Avengers movie he is the most popular and best part of the movie, also he is a very difficult character to make a movie around. I too want a Hulk movie but it has to be done right and not rushed.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#16  Edited By Teerack

@w0nd:

It is no problem, just need the right people attached

@teerack said:

That doesn't make any sense, and would be an unwise business decision for both studios.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd:

It is no problem, just need the right people attached

@teerack said:

Is he? How is he doing crappy? His comic sales are doing just fine, he was just in avengers, just on avengers earths mightiest heroes, and has a cartoon coming out. He is one of the few characters you can make toys out of that aren't peg warmers at stores. and had his animated Hulk Vs films....

I am not sure where you get the doing crappy from. He's a marvel poster boy like hulk and spider-man

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#18  Edited By Extremis

Wait, so it would just be a movie about Hulk fighting those characters? Why not just make a World War Hulk movie, and then he can fight them and more in one movie?

this. 3 movies created just to see certain battles most likely wouldn't result in good movies.

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dementedtheclown

Well I meant movie wise, his first two were big flops, hence why they dont want to make a 3rd, hence why Vs. movies would work best.

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By RaynorJ

@dementedtheclown:

They weren't big flops, even the first one which was pretty bad earned back the money the second one was pretty ok and it did good at the box office. VS movies would not work the best that would be just ridiculous have you even heard of a VS movie let alone one that did good? On the top of my head there is Freddy vs Jason which did poorly even though it had 2 horror icons going at it. If we had a VS Hulk movie it would be a huge flop.

Marvel does want to make a Hulk movie, they just don't want to make one during the phase 2 since they didn't have any plans for it yet.

dementedtheclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Freddy Vs Jason
    Alien Vs Predator
    Godzilla Vs King Kong

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And all of them sucked balls, except King Kong vs Godzila but that was basically every Toho monster movie back in the day and people loved that format. Anyway i will leave you with what Josh Whedon said and from the looks of it he is much more interested in making a Banner orientated movie than just a Hulk one.

"I didn't actually read World War Hulk so I'm not sure how I'd adapt it.i

"Mark and I loved the Hulk and went over and over the concept of rage and how it should manifest, and that part of it was fascinating to both of us. But when it comes time for the Hulk he has to put on the silliest damn pajamas you ever saw, a tiara made of balls, and a bunch of dots on his face and growl around like an idiot. The real heart of the experience ultimately becomes playing Banner, and the thing that people fell in love with was Banner because I think Mark has you from the first time he shows up.

"The Hulk is the most difficult Marvel property because it’s always about balance. Is he a monster? Is he a hero? Are you going to root for a protagonist who spends all his time trying to stop the reason you came to the movie from happening? It's always a dance. I don't think the first two movies nailed it, but I don't envy them the task. It was easier to have him in a group than to build everything around him. I don't think there would be any problem getting a movie together that had enough Banner, even if there was also Hulk. But if he was only Hulk for the entire movie I think Mark at some point would go, why am I here? I would be less inclined to pursue a storyline where the Hulk is only ever the Hulk."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.