Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Who should write Hulk next to save us from this garbage?

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

OK, I think most Hulk fans are agreed that the last two writers have served up some of the worse Hulk comics any of us can remember and this is probably the worst run of mediocre Hulk comics (taking into account Aaron's controversial run before Waid) since the character was invented...so who do you think realistically could come in and put out a decent Hulk comic?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I dunno what the hell is wrong with writers these days... honestly i am not sure if i can trust anyone on Hulk anymore, they just keep disappointing over and over... I wish there was an actual way to get Peter David or Greg Pak to return to Hulk and write him for a couple of years at least...

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Moul

@bezza: The real question is: why it's so difficult write an Hulk story? I think it's pretty simple, ask yourself what the Hulk fanbase want and give it to them! action, epic fightings and an exploration of the Hulk\Banner relationship is all you need. I think Hulk and Banner should be like Firestorm, they should can to speak each other in their heads and acting like two different person who have to share one single body. Banner should be the brain and Hulk should be the arm. Think about it, Hulk fight only with is instinct, but if Banner could talk in his head, the Hulk could know where to hit, what kind of strategy it's the best for defeat his enemies. On the other hand, Hulk could spur Banner to be more like him, to think less and use more of his instinct. They should find a girlfriend who's good for both. And Hulk should have his own preferences in food, movies, television, team up with other heroes etc etc. I think it's time for Banner to accept "the other" for what it is, another person who have his own feelings, dreams and methods. And obviously they need a new villain, very powerful.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be awesome if we had Hulk fighting and have pauses where we see Banner thinking like Amadeus Cho. Like a perfect sync of both characters.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Aaron stops writing Thors awesome book, he should start on Hulk and gives another epic run.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sodamyat said:

When Aaron stops writing Thors awesome book, he should start on Hulk and gives another epic run.

Yes make Hulk more progressive! Maybe make him bisexual or transgender

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SodamYat

@sodamyat said:

Yes make Hulk more progressive! Maybe make him bisexual or transgender

YAASSS.

and he gets mad at gay hate and beats people up for equal human rights.

Genius plot line. Now all we need is a script and present it to Marvel !

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bezza: Has it really been that bad? I only read in trade so I am behind. I thought Issues 1-4 (Waid) was ok at best.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza: Has it really been that bad? I only read in trade so I am behind. I thought Issues 1-4 (Waid) was ok at best.

LOL keep on reading and you will find out. Both Waid and Duggan started promising and it turned straight to shit. I'm still trying to find an interview where Duggan doesnt worship Waid so much about his Hulk run.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@schwarz: @moul: @bezza: @atheistknowledge:

I have a few writers whom I'd think that would do great on the Hulk/Banner series if they were given the chance to do so. Those individuals are:

• Geoff Johns
    • Scott Snyder
    • Cullen Bunn
    • Joss Whedon
    • Greg Pak
    • Peter David
    • Kieron Gillen
    • J. Michael Straczynski
    • Chris Yost
    • Chris Gage
    • Dan Slott
    • Peter J. Tomasi
    • Fred Van Lente
    • Keith Giffen

That's all that of whom I can think of off the top of my head.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Moul
    kfabz-23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul: have you read Amazo Virus or his Aquaman run. He's not an idiot.

SinnTek1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• Geoff Johns
    • Scott Snyder
    • Cullen Bunn
    • Joss Whedon
    • Greg Pak
    • Peter David
    • Kieron Gillen
    • J. Michael Straczynski
    • Chris Yost
    • Chris Gage
    • Dan Slott
    • Peter J. Tomasi
    • Fred Van Lente
    • Keith Giffen

That's all that of whom I can think of off the top of my head.

Yes please!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@moul: You've obviously don't know how big of a Hulk fan he is. Have you read his New 52 Aquaman comics? Spectacular. How about his Justice League: Amazo Virus? That was solid as well. How about his Avengers: Search for She-Hulk? That was pretty good IMO. I'm telling you, he'd be on par with Greg Pak if given a chance on the character.

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: I think his Justice Leage is the WORST ever. IMO he ruined Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. Please keep that guy away from Hulk

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Is he really a huge Hulk fan? I never knew this please enlighten me.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: Is he really a huge Hulk fan? I never knew this please enlighten me.

Was news to me too. I hope your right, as I am a BIG Geoff Johns fan (and you should have mentioned his Shazam book as that was one of my favourites),, but I cant see him ever leaving DC and coming over to Marvel.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thedailybagel  Moderator

I don't think duggans that bad tbh. Sure, his storys been a bit rushed but so has literally every other marvel title because marvel have basically come out of nowhere with this huge plan for secret wars.

Give him a chance. I still think that aarron could've been given another shot, but waid had more than enough time imo.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to admit the whole secret wars coming up has pretty much made most Marvel comics feel rushed, like killing off every story line to get quickly to the big summer event. but it is still not a reason to display Hulk in his own comic like a weak Jerk. It makes me feel like Hulk is a big dumbass that no one cares about instead of a real powerhouse. Like a big douchebag who keeps saying he can beat anyone but cries home at every little hits. No one can deny that the Hulk sales are very low compared to the glory he once had. I personally have no interest in whay is going on. I read them just to keep up to date but I'm really not buying that run.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Was news to me too. I hope your right, as I am a BIG Geoff Johns fan (and you should have mentioned his Shazam book as that was one of my favourites),, but I cant see him ever leaving DC and coming over to Marvel.

Exactly. His work on Flash, Superman, Green Lantern, Hawkman, The Teen Titans, Booster Gold and Aquaman are amazing and his Avengers, Stargirl, Batman and Justice League although not as good are still spectacular. So if he is such a big Hulk fan this pleases me but as Bezza stated he is probably never gonna leave DC.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno what the hell is wrong with writers these days... honestly i am not sure if i can trust anyone on Hulk anymore, they just keep disappointing over and over... I wish there was an actual way to get Peter David or Greg Pak to return to Hulk and write him for a couple of years at least...

For real. Those guys are Hulk visionaries!! We need writers like them, not like Aaron & Duggan.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Bezza

..I wish Marvel would do a great big Peter David Omnibus book, or a Greg Pak one, like they have done in the past for Roger Stern's Spiderman (I have that one, its great) and Walter Simonsen's Thor......at least then I could have plenty of time reading the good ol' stuff.

Even Jeph Loeb wrote some good stories with plenty of action, even if a lot of people on here don't like this stuff. I do, he has written some of my favourite Batman books...

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanna know why the hell didn't they bring Greg Pak back on this Planet Hulk Secret Wars thing... come on it was a perfect opportunity... Instead we are stuck with a pretty shitty writer telling a Steve Rogers story in a book called Planet Hulk... Apart from the art there is nothing i look forward to in this book.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really wanna know why the hell didn't they bring Greg Pak back on this Planet Hulk Secret Wars thing... come on it was a perfect opportunity... Instead we are stuck with a pretty shitty writer telling a Steve Rogers story in a book called Planet Hulk... Apart from the art there is nothing i look forward to in this book.

I hope it flops but i get the feeling it might not. Especially if a lot of people buy it dont be on forums and see the summary of the story.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

oh hell no....please say your joking.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wondering do you like him writing Thor? I don't read it so I can't comment on it.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: His run on Thor started out great but then it was derailed for the "Original Sin" fiasco and yet another relaunch. Rather would not get into it on a Hulk topic, but I don't think Aaron would be suited for Hulk, and I understand many Hulk fans were not a fan of his run.

Put Mark Waid on Thor and put Peter David on Hulk. I can live with that.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bonifidehustla: His run on Thor started out great but then it was derailed for the "Original Sin" fiasco and yet another relaunch. Rather would not get into it on a Hulk topic, but I don't think Aaron would be suited for Hulk, and I understand many Hulk fans were not a fan of his run.

Put Mark Waid on Thor and put Peter David on Hulk. I can live with that.

I see I figured he was doing good or something because when a writer does too good Marvel always move them to another character.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:

Just wondering do you like him writing Thor? I don't read it so I can't comment on it.

I picked up some of his stuff in the past I found it to be predictable and dry. Thor would be hard to write and maybe some things anybody can figure out but some of the story arcs he used were just not supported by reason. No answers really on how somebody could get powerfull enough to defeat a elder god yet alone most of them.

So to pull out such a story I was forced to drop his writing. I like the characters of Odin , Thor , Loki , Sif , Enchantress and so fourth. Male Thor not the other not that I dislike Female Thor just do not like how she came into focus in the book of Thor god of Thunder. A whisper is no reason to stop believing in yourself. Unless he said something like.

Random whisper "your fly is down"

The empowerment of women and the world should be on those whom already have a stake in the comic world not taking away the name and identity of another character. This is not story telling at all this is character assassination. Would you have that done to Bruce Banner AKA The Incredible Hulk ,

You want a great story have him start some place and go some place and along the way make friends , enemies and live life.

Not become somebody else or lose himself to another , keep the hero whom they are and change the setting.

I speak for myself and nobody else but I know what I like and what I expect when I buy something.

Thor , Sif , The Flash , Spiderman etc etc etc the list goes on and on and one.

When you read about characters you want to read about Peter Parker , Thor son of Odin , The Traveler or Odin himself , Ironman Tony Stark. The world can change around them that is the story , the place you put the character and the plot unfolds. You change the character to fit the story then it is not the same character.

Story arcs and those whom can see the world of any hero unfold before them.

How wide is Jason's vision of what can be? he could very well fool me and all the others and when all is said and done be awesome. However so far I am s till waiting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.