Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Who Can Punch Harder: Hulk or Superman?

• 94 results
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RaynorJ

@theacidskull:

As long as he does not continue Waids legacy of focusing solely on Hulk, Waid should do his thing make a Banner character that he wants have him take his place in history and move on. We need a new Hulk story a new Hulk adventure.

I don't think he would be a good Rulk writer, he can write the persona of him the veteran rough general part of him but not the powerhouse beast as well. I mean if he has Hulk fighting weak and unworthy opponents i can only imagine what he would do to Rulk.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
    termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@uberhulk said:

@termiteone4ever: So having failed to show Superman's combat speed in another thread you've failed to show his punching power in this. You claimed Hulk was NOW being written to show high end feats and when I showed that wasn't the case now you're crying over 40 year old feats. At least you're consistent with the DC vomit. Silver Age Superman is retconned. You can't move the goalposts to suit your arguments. The OP says current and post crisis Superman. You've got nothing to add here just as you don't in the battle forums. Now stop trolling.

I send you the The link to the SCAN . I am not sure what else you want . Current Superman Still showed striking power in recent posting with mongul

UberHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@termiteone4ever: The exercise in this thread is to show punching power. Punching Mongul 200 miles is nowhere near as impressive punching an asteroid twice the size of Earth or punching a hole in reality or punching a hole in time.

Vegetto1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we talking general constant feats (Not plot device feats such as punching dimensions and reality) then Post crisis superman has the "ability" to punch harder than Worldbreaker hulk. Initially i would say WB Hulk at best has better punching power when he is powered up with increased gamma radiation energy. He can destroy earth with multiple stomps at this level. Superman at best could cause massive quakes with his punches but i don't see him destroying an entire planet like earth or even the moon UNLESS he has some type of speed feat backing him up. Superman has flight speed calculations Lightspeed +. When superman flew into the shadow moon, he was going at speeds approaching the speed of light. Scientifically speaking, anything going at such a speed mass impacts with the force of 10 octillion megatons of energy force. That's basically our sun (a small star) blowing up in your face. Hulk's punches can never reach remotely close to such force. So in the end superman has the ability to punch way harder than hulk.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dum529001

@vegetto1990 said:

If we talking general constant feats (Not plot device feats such as punching dimensions and reality) then Post crisis superman has the "ability" to punch harder than Worldbreaker hulk. Initially i would say WB Hulk at best has better punching power when he is powered up with increased gamma radiation energy. He can destroy earth with multiple stomps at this level. Superman at best could cause massive quakes with his punches but i don't see him destroying an entire planet like earth or even the moon UNLESS he has some type of speed feat backing him up. Superman has flight speed calculations Lightspeed +. When superman flew into the shadow moon, he was going at speeds approaching the speed of light. Scientifically speaking, anything going at such a speed mass impacts with the force of 10 octillion megatons of energy force. That's basically our sun (a small star) blowing up in your face. Hulk's punches can never reach remotely close to such force. So in the end superman has the ability to punch way harder than hulk.

Where did you get the idea that any mass going at light speed equals 10 octillion megatons. Superman would have to go many times faster than light to hit with that kind of force.

There is 4 quadrillion 184 trillion joules per megaton(1 Mt = 4,184,000,000,000,000 J).

How many joules is 10 octillion megatons?

10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000* 4,184,000,000,000,000=4.184 x 10^43

That's 40 tredecillion 184 Duodecillion joules.

How fast would superman have to go?

J= (1/2) x (M) x (V)^2

You do the math.

Since superman is about 200 pounds then he has a mass of about 100 kilograms.

arms are 6 pecrent of a body's mass. .06 x 100kg= 6 kg

J=(1/2) x (6 kg) x (V)^2

The answer to the speed is many times faster than light.

Vegetto1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: That's why i mentioned Light speed +, meaning speeds faster than normal light speeds. Just at the time when supes flew into the shadow moon he was "approaching" the speed of light. Superman has flight speed calc's that put him at FTL-MFTL. He can fly to the sun in seconds in which it takes Light around 8 minutes to do so yeah he is MFTL which means he has the ability to punch with the force of a supernova.

Avatar image for xxedward_kenwayxx
    XxEdward_KenwayXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman will punch way harder than hulk. He will always be stronger and more powerful than hulk, and that will never change!

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dum529001: That's why i mentioned Light speed +, meaning speeds faster than normal light speeds. Just at the time when supes flew into the shadow moon he was "approaching" the speed of light. Superman has flight speed calc's that put him at FTL-MFTL. He can fly to the sun in seconds in which it takes Light around 8 minutes to do so yeah he is MFTL which means he has the ability to punch with the force of a supernova.

Has he ever punched with the force of the Supernova? Or anything close to that? I mean Gladiator can fly 100 times the speed of light so i guess when he punches someone the whole galaxy collapses?

Superman will punch way harder than hulk. He will always be stronger and more powerful than hulk, and that will never change!

This is blatantly false. Not every incarnation or version of the Superman has been stronger than the Hulk or even more powerful.

Vegetto1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Vegetto1990

@raynorj: But like i said when doing the math anyone going at speeds MFTL has the ability to punch with the force of a small supernova, this is because how mass works as one approaches light speed and then accelerate to much faster speeds. In order for someone to have a force of galaxy punch i think they would need to be so fast that they can cross the entire universe in a matter of minutes. Their are literally billions of stars in our galaxy and alot makes the sun look very small. lol

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetto1990: But going by feats, things are completely different. It's like me saying Hulk has limitless strength potential that means he can collapse the entire multiverse with a punch but that never happened just how Superman never caused a supernova with his punch. Gladiator can cross the entire universe in a matter of minutes so i guess he can collapse the entire galaxy.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Takao0815

@vegetto1990:

Superman has even declared that he did not fast as the light is.

Only out of an atmosphere but almost every space Super hero has the opportunity to bypass the route.

Nova Prime flies about 177,000 light years in 12 minutes away.

but only then accelerated (!) it to 80% the speed of light.

GL, Quasar, Gladiator, Superman

Quantum leap Hyperspeed hyperspace etc.

modern Superman = about 8X10 ^ 20 Joule

(just what its contact telekinesis to come)

Vegetto1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takao0815@raynorj And here's another thing. The vital point here is Relativistic effects on the body. This starts as the body approaches light speed then one gains infinite mass. Anything impacting with the force of infinite mass is equivalent to 10 octillion megatons of energy force ( this doesn't mean it will have the same destructive results just the concentrated energy force)

The flash can do this without being in flight mode since he has the advantage of the speed force. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3203521-7617458201-13624.jpg.

And one doesnt need to go FTL or MFTL to do this, Light speed is enough. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/lunar_archivist/theflash148-infinitemasspunch001.jpg.

Superman going at incredible speeds that obliterated a moon and the united planet headquarters was amazed it didn't rip a hole in space time. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/60473/3477745-02.jpg.

Superman crashes into shadow moon at infinite mass speeds. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3203524-0472914867-28518.jpg.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Takao0815

@vegetto1990:

When an object of mass Superman reaches the speed of light

this corresponds to approximately 8X10 = ^ 20 joules

= Approx 19x10 ^ 5 megatons

enough to a planet of the size the earth to destroy twice.

(two of the four stories I knew)

Octillion

short scale

= 10 ^ 27 MT

= 4X10 ^ 42 Joule

Octillion

long scale

= 10 ^ 48 MT

= 4X10 ^ 63 Joule

Full determinant values ​​are calculated interpret comic. Can have an error due to translation.

The Grey Hulk survived a Astroiten double size of the earth

Astroiten have an average of 3 g / cm ³

The earth comes to 5,515 g / cm ³

Whereas, we as a simple mass equal.

We take as the basis for the speed 29.8 km / s (rotation rate of the Earth)

5.3 X10 ^ 33 Joule

Had then the endurance record of the Grey Hulk.

World Record = about 379 joules

Fang of the projectile energy of 7.62 × 51 mm NATO cartridge 3.5 X 10 ^ 3 joules

First (gray) Hulk = about 1.3 x 10 ^ 5 Joul (Initial value)

Abomination (stronger than Mr. Fix) a blow = 1 x 10 ^ 9 joules

Dropping explosion energy = the most powerful conventional bomb FOAB 1.84 X 10 ^ 11 joules

1 kT (kilotons of TNT) == 1.162 GWh 4.184 X 10 ^ 12 joules

Bomb by 1945 = 6.276 x 10 ^ 13 joules

Green Scar before his wife's death = 17.8 X 10 ^ 16 joules

Zar bomb = over 2.1 X 10 ^ 17 joules

Worldbreaker attack on Armaggedon About = 1X10 ^ 37 joule

Mindless (3) attack on She Rulk = probably about 1.23 X 10 ^ 60 joule (Initial value)

(Before he his strength and size Multiplied)

Then there's the story where Hulk Silver Surfer exceeded.

the surfer was 99.99% the speed of light on the road.

Unfortunately I do not know what more hulk it was.

But that was the mass greater than that of Superman should be clear.

For Hulks two sizes services I can dress any values ​​calculating.

Are not predictable cash.

(at least not with my skills)

PS:

Supernova 1X10°37 Jou

Nova 1X10°44 Jou

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RaynorJ

@vegetto1990: And none of it had anything close to a supernova.

Vegetto1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raynorj: I don't get what you mean. Those scans proves that anyone that accelerates to relativistic speeds have infinite mass, that allows one to impact with the force of a white dwarf which is also equivalent to the force of a small supernova (our sun) 10 octillion megatons.

Here a star exploded and supes got knocked out. http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/1993/317289-starexplodegk9_super.jpg.

Once again he impacted on the shadow moon at relativistic speeds and got knocked out. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11111/111114806/3203524-0472914867-28518.jpg.

In the movie superman unbound (which is a canon movie adaption off Superman:Brainiac) supes gets knocked out from the force of a supernova. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jDsiBBZ7WU.

Just to give other examples besides DC. Here, the god of destruction bills from dbz speedblitz into exactly 7 planets at MFTL speeds, he literally covered the solar body in like 3-4 seconds. These planets were also located inside a Gas nebula which means those planets were dense as fuck. http://i.minus.com/iYoUBNx5GkQ7o.gif.

Here, Beta ray bill from Marvel shows speeds FTL and speedblitz into a planet and destroys it. http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/98379/2306653-stormbreaker_03__08_.jpg.

All these attacks has the force of 10 octillion megatons since they are at relativistic speeds +. Like i said before thougj, it doesn't mean it has the same destructive potential but rather the concentrated force upon impact.

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetto1990:

How do you get to 10 megatons Octillion?

A supernova has about 1X10 ^ 44 Joule

in megatons

(2.8 x 10 ^ 28)

Octillion

short scale

= 10 ^ 27 MT

= 4X10 ^ 42 Joule

Octillion

long scale

= 10 ^ 48 MT

= 4X10 ^ 63 Joule

And as for the starburst. The energy spread first so evenly.

Superman is so taken only by a part of the energy.

Where his advantage here is still that the energy of a Yellow Sun is coming.

Vegetto1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Vegetto1990
    RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegetto1990: I am telling that comics don't always fall the rules of our world. Superman has traveled at FTL but he never did or came close to doing things that you say even in the scan where he destroyed that moon and knocked himself out in the process Hulk has done with far less speed with an asteroid twice the size of Earth. There are other characters that went far past FTL speed and still didn't do anything close to that in fact going at FTL speed pretty much guaranties you will incinerate everything around you miles away and that also never happened not even with Flash who runs at those speed on foot. Feats are what counts not potential and possibilities.

JMG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RaynorJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg said:

@uberhulk said:

Hulk has punched a hole in reality, in time and an asteroid twice the size of Earth. There's nothing in the Superman feats thread showing anything as impressive :

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/superman-feat-thread-23326/

Lies. Superman flew around the world to change time, took a bullet to the eye, and made harness cables look fly while rockin red undies

Hulk wears purple pants

Jus sayin

Wearing purple pants > wearing your undies over your pants.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Well, putting aside science for a minute, I've always felt that Hulk could probably out punch Superman in a slugging match, i.e. the harder punch, BUT Superman can punch much faster and hence get in multiple punches in the time Hulk does one. No one has really convincingly won this argument and I don't think they ever will. It was always thus with Hulk v Superman threads! I love both these characters, its a shame we will never be able to settle these debates!

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@takao0815: Something is wrong with your math, multiple scientific sites put the average star at 10 octillion megatons. These are just 2.

http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/science/know_l2/supernovae.html. Notice the energy released when a star goes supernova is 10^28 megatons. 10 followed by 28 zero's in short, will give you 10 octillion.

http://www.nsf.gov/news/special_reports/science_nation/superstars.jsp.

Reputable sites would never use a number word like Octillion.

Numerals have a problem.

In different languages ​​they have different meanings

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gr%C3%B6%C3%9Fenordnung_(Energie)

http://www.wissen.de/thema/supernova

http://www.mpa-garching.mpg.de/POPULAR/phiuz_www.pdf

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmg said:

@uberhulk said:

Hulk has punched a hole in reality, in time and an asteroid twice the size of Earth. There's nothing in the Superman feats thread showing anything as impressive :

http://www.comicvine.com/superman/4005-1807/forums/superman-feat-thread-23326/

Lies. Superman flew around the world to change time, took a bullet to the eye, and made harness cables look fly while rockin red undies

Hulk wears purple pants

Jus sayin

Superman has changed only the rotation of the earth.

Rotation at the same time adding comb earlier before more often.

Whether the ball from the eye or from poor rebounding does not make much difference.

Superman's invulnerability beaiert to a Bio force field which surrounds even his costume with.

If shortest weaker with each strike.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Doomnaut

Bump.

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Erkan12

Due to his size and with enough rage ; Hulk, with his size he can make bigger impact.

Logan made good analyse ;

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

And last one, he hit so hard to Wade's brain it shattered in atomic pieces, Wade stayed death for a week.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Avatar image for verotikryptonite
    Verotikryptonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#81  Edited By Extremis
    Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#82  Edited By Bezza
    No Caption Provided

Hulk Smash!

Avatar image for midnightdragon18
    midnightdragon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Raizell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman is much faster and as strong as (if not stronger than) Hulk so his punch should be much harder.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

HULK SMASHES AND PUNCHES A LOT HARDER THAN PUNY CAPE-MAN!!! :)

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The writer determines who punches harder

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raizel: He is not actually as strong as Hulk, when Hulk has better strength feats then him and most writers both Hulk and Superman ones agreed that Hulk is stronger as well able to punch harder. I guess Superman could punch harder if he actually blitzed someone at full speed, but from a standing point Hulk punches harder, in fact he has some of the best punching feats in comic book history.

winters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both characters are way overpowered, punching holes in reality and destroying planets? Ridiculous! I actually like the way supes and hulk were portrayed in man of steel and ultron. Even watered down these guys are still powerhouses!

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@extremis said:
    @raynorj said:

I am pretty sure Superman is best at everything, even a competition of who can make the best omelet in the universe would go to him.

Yes, is even best at having smallest weiner.

No Caption Provided

Apparently it's not as small as you're inferring.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Extremis

@extremis said:
    @raynorj said:

I am pretty sure Superman is best at everything, even a competition of who can make the best omelet in the universe would go to him.

Yes, is even best at having smallest weiner.

No Caption Provided

Apparently it's not as small as you're inferring.

You want to clarify it's big. Why?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@extremis: Apparrently DC is proposing that he isn't as small as you're inferring. That's all I said.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lord_Anton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes has speed thus he can do high speed attacks and high speed attacks pack more punch than regular ones. Hulk isn't fast so he'll only have strength on his side. Supes can simply do a blitz punch which will do more damage than hulks normal punch. Superman wins.

jay_z94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.