Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

To many Hulks

Abattoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Abattoir

Is to many hulks taking away from the one hulk & what he is & what it means to be hulk

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#2  Edited By TronHammer

How many are there?

I can only think of two.

Green Hulk (Bruce Banner)

Red Hulk (Whoever he is)

doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By doomsilver

red hulk thunderbolt=thunderbolt ross red she hulk= betty ross

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4  Edited By Kallarkz

There are only 3.

And what do you mean by "What it means to be Hulk"? Not a very prestigious title.

Lately anyways, RULK is much more interesting than Hulk.

Avatar image for herokiller12344
    Herokiller12344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Herokiller12344

Back in the good old days Hulk was supposed to be the bad guy; the unstoppable, invincible, rageaholic and Banner was the good guy; the calm, smart loving man that was trying to keep Hulk away.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6  Edited By x_29

Green Hulk= Cool

She-Hulk=Cool

Lyra= eh okay

Red She- hulk= noooooooo

Red Hulk= Helllllllllllll noooooooooooo

Skar= eh okay

Sylvaniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sylvaniel

There should only be one hulk IMO.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#8  Edited By TronHammer

There is only one Hulk. However, there are many characters that have very similar appearances and powers from the same source that gave the original Hulk his powers. I think it makes the hulk more believable in the story because the story provides a reasonable explanation for what happened and how he gained the powers in the first place. In the real world many people are good at sports, music, science, and other things and they all became good at those things the same way.They became good through proctice. The Hulk became strong through gamma radiation exposer. Both are things that anyone could do or have happen to them.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JonSmith

If it were any other superhero being replicated over and over, I'd agree, but the difference is, each Hulk is uniquely different based on the person they were BEFORE they were a Hulk.

Bruce repressed his rage and helplessness, and when hit by gamma rays, he became an unstoppable engine of destruction, which only grew more powerful as it was angered. In fear of this power, he calls it a monster and seeks to control or get rid of it, or keep it locked away inside.

Thaddeus Ross defined himself by the Hulk, one last war. Ross was the epitome of a good soldier: Loyal, willing to take orders without question, and an unquestionably courageous leader. The Hulk was none of these things. Where others saw a monster to run away from, Ross saw a dog that had to be put down, at all costs. For many years, he fought this monster with his military tactics, and each time was crushed, the ideals he stood for knocked away by superior force. So when he finally took the gamma, HE became the superior force, the opposite to what had always opposed him, a Red Hulk.

And on and on. Look deep enough at the people behind the rays, and you can see a very interesting character, given the chance to breathe and come to the surface in the most obvious manner, set free by the gamma rays. So no, I don't think there are too many Hulks.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By PowerHerc

There are way to many Hulks these days.

There should only be one; The original - Bruce Banner.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad9d72d64170
    deactivated-5ad9d72d64170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

When comic writers run out of ideas, they invent new characters. Yes, there are too many Hulk´s. Keep the one and only Hulk and create good stories.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By RoboShark

@x_2

Red She- hulk= noooooooo

Better read you some DEFENDERS. She-Hulk in the sixties....Yes please.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#13  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

There isn't enough Hulks. Bring back all those obscure Hulks like Hulkpool and the Captain America Hulk, and all those Hulked Out Animals from the Island of 1000 Hulks.

Avatar image for omegathedestroyer
    OmegaTheDestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was fine with She-Hulk, Skaar, and Lyra and even A-Bomb to an extent but the Red Hulks are unnecessary and I don't care for them at all

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By TheCrowbar

@Vance Astro: Hulkpool and Captain America Hulk were just Liefield's art they weren't actually Hulks.

(I'm Kidding)

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Onemoreposter

@Abattoir: Its just the way of things friend. Every interesting character is bound to have multiple "clones." I wasn't to happy about all different colored CORPS in Green Lantern initially, hell I guess I still ain't, but it is the way of things. Give it time enough and we'll have Blue Hulk and Yellow Hulk and Plant Hulk and Sea Hulk. We probably already do have all that, albeit under different names. Best advise I can give you is to just try and enjoy the one(s) you like and ignore the others you don't best you can.

MisterKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MisterKetch

I just don't like seeing 4 Hulks in the same panel, Hulk should do his own thing, Red Hulk should be leading a team, Red She Hulk in defenders (I don't read it but that does sound interesting), and Green She Hulk on the Avengers. That's already pushing it and we still have Hulk's son, wife etc etc. There should only be a few Hulks on earth at any given time. Otherwise since most of them are good it would undermine the credibility of major threats if a strike team of 7 hulks can just be called up.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By theTimeStreamer

thank god for other hulks because brucey these days sucks. i kept hoping for an awesome end to the crawling storyline in incredible hulk. all i got was the same OLD AS HELL 'bruce and hulk work together'. FOR THE 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000X TIME!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.