Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Time for a new Hulk game?

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
    Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

It's been quite a few years since we got to play as the not so Jolly Green Giant. Now I actually liked The Incredible Hulk movie tie-in game that came out. However it fell a little flat in areas, namely the fact it was all New York. In Hulk Ultimate Destruction we got to have what I assume was New York and a desert area, both of which were pretty large. I for one would love a game where you get to CHOOSE your Hulk experience. Like flash back to when Banner gets hit with the gamma bomb. You get to choose between three Hulks.

1: Grey Hulk. Doesn't deal as much damage as the other two, but can deliver combo moves faster and gives one-liners while playing as him.

2: Savage Hulk. This is the Hulk most people know best. He deals hard hitting blows, but is slightly more sluggish when it comes to combos

3: Mindless Hulk. This is the strongest Hulk, able to take down enemies with very few hits. However he's extremely slow in attacking. Basically when he hits it counts.

Gameplay wise you get three sandbox areas. One is a city, the other a desert, and the last is a forest. The first location is meant to deal with more supervillain enemies, the second to deal with gamma mutants, and the third is for things like the Wendigo.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

Could we throw in some unlockables like WWHulk and full on World Breaker

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@joshmightbe said:

Could we throw in some unlockables like WWHulk and full on World Breaker

Of course!

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By joshmightbe

@Smart_Dork_Dude: But you have to beat the game before you get the option for world breaker, cause that needs to be earned. Maybe make it a full blown Planet Hulk/WWHulk game. Separate it into 3 acts, act one can have Hulk doing his thing on Earth toss in some flash back scenes/missions along with the story line and that act ends when Hulk gets blasted off into space, Act 2 all about Hulk on Sakarr and act 3 would be his return and he fights it out with the heroes. I wouldn't want it to go down exactly like the comics because frankly World War Hulk pretty much petered out in the middle but it started out as a great idea.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'd love a new Hulk game.

Mr_Winchester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Mr_Winchester

I would sooo want a new hulk game. Ultimate destruction one of the best comic book character based games imo.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By SoA

im surprised the avengers movie didn't have its own game

Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@SoA: It was cancelled

Stormbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Stormbox

@SoA said:

im surprised the avengers movie didn't have its own game

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
    StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#10  Edited By StMichalofWilson

More smashing, more destruction!

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By GreenScar1990

If the creative team who worked on the God of War Trilogy planned to do a Hulk video game for PS3, I'd definitely get it! How about a Hulk game that also has the other Hulks- Skaar, She-Hulk, Red She-Hulk, A-Bomb, Lyra and Red Hulk- and each has their own missions/storylines. The game should have massive enemies and cool killing combos. And how about unlockable costumes/personas/designs for Hulk and his allies?

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

They should make a Hulk game where you finish the story you can fight Abonimation and kill him and you can become Abonimation and Hulk. Run around in a big New York and make massive destruction!

How fun doesn't that sound? Slamming cars, throwing buses and crushing trains/pimp slapping people.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Bump!

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

They should make a Hulk game where you finish the story you can fight Abonimation and kill him and you can become Abonimation and Hulk. Run around in a big New York and make massive destruction!

How fun doesn't that sound? Slamming cars, throwing buses and crushing trains/pimp slapping people.

Loading Video...

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thedailybagel  Moderator

@leonkarlen123: that game was the bomb, I'll hunt you down and kill you if you disrespect that game.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: Come at me, even if you find me i'll beat your ass down ;)

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thedailybagel  Moderator
    KingWillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By KingWillie

Bad graphics now, but at the time it was frickin awesome. Easily one of the best superhero games ever. Sad you missed out on it.

And also, that's the Gamecube version, and shitty Youtube video quality...

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
    Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 2 for next gen would be awesome.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

I was too young to play Ultimate Destruction when it came out, so I'm all for this!

Go_ballista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlimited rage should be added to the game if its going to be made but the rage meter starts to get harder to keep getting angrier and angrier so you wont be going world breaker in the early parts of the game, and for god sake if someone is going to create a hulk game make better damage and physics system, players dont want attacks having little affect on your enemy, I threw a 40+ ton tank at a Hulkbuster and the enemy just staggered a little like what I did in the incredible hulk game.

R10T2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What I think they should do is two sides to the hulk in a game. One for Bruce banner and one for the hulk.

Banner: This could be a third person shooter that instead of a health bar, you would have a rage meter and when you take to much damage u would turn into hulk. I thought banner could do some parkour and the player would have to do puzzles as banner.

Hulk: The player could turn into the hulk at will or when banner gets to angry and the hulk is incredible. He wouldn't take any damage because he has tough skin and has the best healing factor in comics. They could make a bar or something to tell how angry he was and if he got to mad he could turn into world breaker.

ConqWarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the most logical idea would be to make a game where you play through all of the Hulk comics ever made, starting with the first comic ever made in 1962 or 3, all the way to the most recent issue of Totally Awesome Hulk. You could unlock EVERY Hulk along the way as you beat levels, and other Hulk comics (like She-Hulk comics) could be bonus levels.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.