Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

The hulk, most hated character on comic vine?

• 193 results
    Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Fifthchild

@CharlesMartel said:

While I'm sure there ARE many people here that don't like Hulk much at all, I don't know where the idea that hes "underrated" comes from. From what I've seen people rate him as he is

In the comics Hulk is about as powerful as a superhero gets. He's what on other boards you might call top-tier and hes a peer to Thor, Surfer, Superman etc (though of course all these characters have different strengths and weaknesses and match-up differently with each other in a fight).

On comicvine Hulk loses 10/10 against pretty much all these guys. He also loses 10/10 to many people who wouldnt even rate as an annoyance in a comicbook. A lot of boards are kind of like this but ComicVine seems to take it to pretty absurd lengths. If you have even the slightest, most combat useless shred of versatility you will prrobably beat Hulk in a forum fight because "he is just really strong". And not just normal Hulk but over-the-top versions like Worldbreaker etc.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By DarkDay

@Fifthchild said:

@CharlesMartel said:

While I'm sure there ARE many people here that don't like Hulk much at all, I don't know where the idea that hes "underrated" comes from. From what I've seen people rate him as he is

In the comics Hulk is about as powerful as a superhero gets. He's what on other boards you might call top-tier and hes a peer to Thor, Surfer, Superman etc (though of course all these characters have different strengths and weaknesses and match-up differently with each other in a fight).

On comicvine Hulk loses 10/10 against pretty much all these guys. He also loses 10/10 to many people who wouldnt even rate as an annoyance in a comicbook. A lot of boards are kind of like this but ComicVine seems to take it to pretty absurd lengths. If you have even the slightest, most combat useless shred of versatility you will prrobably beat Hulk in a forum fight because "he is just really strong". And not just normal Hulk but over-the-top versions like Worldbreaker etc.

I'd disagree here. The problem with Hulk battles are that they tend to be stomps. The End. Either it is a stomp in Hulks favor or it is a Stomp against him. There is very little middle ground with Hulk. Also you should remember that people make stupid battle with the Hulk and as such very few people tend to care when a legitimately good Hulk battle turns up because guess what? Everyone is sick of Hulk battles by the time this rolls around.

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By CharlesMartel

@Fifthchild said:

I can't really agree with that. Hulk is pretty tough, but to say hes a peer to guys like Thor, Surfer, Superman, or other powerhouses around that level is quite a generous statement. I'm not saying he can't take on these guys no matter what, but just about most of his encounters with these kind of characters have usually revolved around plot shields and other things that allow him to even have a chance. Characters of that level have shown feats and possess power sets that prove they could easily beat the Hulk without any problems if they wanted to

:

I personally don't see why that would indicate that hes "underrated". Like I said above, characters of that level have power sets and shown feats that are simply way out of Hulks league, or at least in my opinion. Now, I get you when you say most people think Hulk loses in a battle due to his opponent simply being more versatile, I've seen threads like those myself, however I've also seen the complete opposite as well regarding Hulk. I suppose you might have had a different experience, but based on what I've seen hes rated as he should be for the most part

Takao0815

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Takao0815

@CharlesMartel: According to current state Hulk has fought so far only once with full force.

In desen fight the pressure wave has been sufficient to destroy one for proposal to Lord Armaggedon. Armaggedon Lord times the Professor Hulk (as strong as Thor) and the surfers defeated. Without fighting (the two together were not a threat). Worldbreaker (the second time) has shown three times as much power as Allstar Superman.

But when I'm at YouyTube a video of fighting between eg Superman and the Hulk can see there are always comments come as

"hulk Community yes grade times a 150 billion ton mountain"

"Hulk lifts yes only armored"

"Superman moving planets"

Underestimated even more Hulk is when it comes to speed.

"Superman is faster than light" (sometimes incorrectly)

"Hulk society not even street fighter like Spiderman apply"

The Hulk already faster than the Silver Surfer was is (very rarely) completely ignored. Or it is called as an error by the author.

I always say Hulk can lose to anyone.

But Hulk is also against any gains.

Always comes (inter alia) to the version of Hulk.

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By CharlesMartel

@Takao0815 said:

@CharlesMartel: According to current state Hulk has fought so far only once with full force.

In desen fight the pressure wave has been sufficient to destroy one for proposal to Lord Armaggedon. Armaggedon Lord times the Professor Hulk (as strong as Thor) and the surfers defeated. Without fighting (the two together were not a threat). Worldbreaker (the second time) has shown three times as much power as Allstar Superman.

But when I'm at YouyTube a video of fighting between eg Superman and the Hulk can see there are always comments come as

"hulk Community yes grade times a 150 billion ton mountain"

"Hulk lifts yes only armored"

"Superman moving planets"

Underestimated even more Hulk is when it comes to speed.

"Superman is faster than light" (sometimes incorrectly)

"Hulk society not even street fighter like Spiderman apply"

The Hulk already faster than the Silver Surfer was is (very rarely) completely ignored. Or it is called as an error by the author.

I always say Hulk can lose to anyone.

But Hulk is also against any gains.

Always comes (inter alia) to the version of Hulk.

Bolded statement is completely false

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Fifthchild

@CharlesMartel said:

@Takao0815 said:

Bolded statement is completely false

I think he is referring to the time Surfer was flying by at great speed and Hulk jumped up and caught him. So theres a sort of truth there. Though i do think Hulk can move/jump at great speeds given the power of his legs i dont see him as moving faster than Surfers oftimes pretty crazy travel speed. Then again i probably dont think Surfer is a genuine Superman-style-speedster either.

CharlesMartel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CharlesMartel

@Fifthchild: Do you possibly have a scan or a link I can look at?

toptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By toptom

@The Stegman said:

I don't hate him, I hate his powers

so you hate him indirectly,lol

xmentas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By xmentas

@toptom said:

@The Stegman said:

I don't hate him, I hate his powers

so you hate him indirectly,lol

lmao. I hate his power too, in the sense that I hate how powerful he is! I don't love him BUT I acknowledge the fact that he is top tier and definetly one of the strongest (if not then THE strongest) hero on 616 earth.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By longbowhunter

I've never been a big Hulk fan. As far as battles go, I couldn't care less who Hulk can or can not beat up. As far as comics go; Planet Hulk, WWH and so far Mark Waid's Hulk are fantastic reads.

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#61  Edited By AssertingValor

I like Hulk, just he is portrayed stronger than I think he should be. His fans are 99% relentless in battle threads too...

SpectroRaphael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By SpectroRaphael

I used to like the Hulk but stopped because of the PIS that goes into his battles, making all the fanboys think that he can beat God himself.

First of all, he is really a quite limited character. Super strength, thunderclap & a super jump. Not really effective in a myriad of situations, yet they make him face & beat characters that can match up in strength but are way more versatile and much faster. It always seems that these characters suddenly forget how to use their powers when fighting him but instead decide to slug it out like morons -_- and that is truly because of the popularity of the character. Much like finding desperate means for Spider-man or Batman to beat (or stalemate) characters that should beat them in seconds (this is without them having prep time of course).

I am a little bit more understanding of Thor, but Thor should never face characters like Galactus either. But a monster created from a science experiment gone wrong should never be placed with a god who has lived for centuries with way more powers & versatility. Being a 'god' means close to nothing now!

Besides all that, i personally think Wolverine is the worst in that regard. I'd have said Batman but they give him victories due to intelligence (even though through far fetched means). Wolverine seems to win in everything just because he has 'healing factor' attached to his name & adamantium attached to his bones. They've turned the healing factor into a ridiculous device that i now truly despise for Wolverine AND Hulk!

AssertingValor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 65

#64  Edited By AssertingValor

@Omega Ray Jay said:

@BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I been here for about 3 years, and I couldn't tell you who the most hated character on comic vine is.

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Skunkstein

I only hate his battle threads, where everybody seem to think he can kick everyones ass.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#66  Edited By IrishX
    @BiteMe-Fanboy said:

I been here for about 3 years, and I couldn't tell you who the most hated character on comic vine is.

I been here for a little over 3 years myself and I can tell you without a doubt the most hated character on comic vine is Wolverine. It was mentioned earlier in this thread that many of the haters tend to be Cyclops fanboys but there is also a large number of DC/Batman haters as well. They've bought into Batman's "no killing" rule and hate Wolverine because he kills. Sometimes you get the perfect combination of hater and you end up with someone like FadetoBlackBolt.... a Cyclops/Batman fanboy.
    IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#68  Edited By IrishX
    @TheAcidSkull: Like I said I been here for a while and I'm more than familiar with FTBB. He knows some of what he's talking about for sure but he also has an extremely biased view (as most people do) that he presents as facts when much of the time it's actually just opinion. It's also not that he may be rude sometimes.... he is rude most times. That said I've spoken with Fade plenty of times and I don't think he's a bad guy but what I said in the previous post is still true.
    god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#70  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I don't think he is the most hated. I think what a lot of people don't like is how he is used in some threads and the fanatics think he is unbeatable and just go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about he heals, he gets stronger, and then he smashes. And then you get some users who consistently try and downplay him in turn to counter balance the fanatics which just causes them to rage harder. This results in more complaining threads or playing him as even more powerful than he really is again than what they originally get. Then you get some fanatics that are just completely oblivious and they try to seem like respectable people but only show that they "don't understand" why some people refuse to "accept" how powerful Hulk really is.

It's just this never ending cycle.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Hksaru

The Hulk is an awesome character, and clearly one of the most loved. What's hated are the idiots who debate him.

"HULK'S STRENGTH IS INFINITE AND HIS HF AND DURABILITY ALSO INCREASE SO HE CAN BEAT ANYONE AS LONG AS THE FIGHT GOES ON EVEN IF IT'S A TOTAL SLAUGHTERHOUSE HULK CAN TAKE IT AND WILL EVENTUALLY BECOME STRONG ENOUGH TO TURN THE TIDES"

like no.

Wolfbanekiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Wolfbanekiller

@The Stegman: why its better then superman having all powers thats just lame i would rather have a character with little to no powers then a character with all of them

Nightwing28710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Nightwing28710

I don't hate him. I just never found him interesting. That is until I've read Indestructible Hulk 1 & 2. I like what they are doing with Banner.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator
    @Wolfbanekiller said:

@The Stegman: why its better then superman having all powers thats just lame i would rather have a character with little to no powers then a character with all of them

It's not the amount of powers that's important. Superman has a lot of power, but he also has weaknesses, he can also get tired, and exhausted, But Hulk, the whole "Limitless strength" thing is ridiculous, Believe it or not, there is a limit to how mad someone can get, thus his strength should also have a limit.
    Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#75  Edited By Blood1991

Popular characters get alot of hate here period; especially if they have a few outspoken fanboys.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jack Donaghy

Hulk doesn't seem to have that many haters outside of battle threads tbh, if the thread title isn't "Hulk vs " most people don't seem to hate him. People like Batman, Wolverine, Superman and Storm have a lot more haters than Hulk from what I've seen.

DaemonTheDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77  Edited By DaemonTheDemon

I don't hate the hulk.

Newjackman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Newjackman

Hulk is a great meaningful character.

cmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By cmartin

@SpectroRaphael said:

I used to like the Hulk but stopped because of the PIS that goes into his battles, making all the fanboys think that he can beat God himself.

First of all, he is really a quite limited character. Super strength, thunderclap & a super jump. Not really effective in a myriad of situations, yet they make him face & beat characters that can match up in strength but are way more versatile and much faster. It always seems that these characters suddenly forget how to use their powers when fighting him but instead decide to slug it out like morons -_- and that is truly because of the popularity of the character. Much like finding desperate means for Spider-man or Batman to beat (or stalemate) characters that should beat them in seconds (this is without them having prep time of course).

I am a little bit more understanding of Thor, but Thor should never face characters like Galactus either. But a monster created from a science experiment gone wrong should never be placed with a god who has lived for centuries with way more powers & versatility. Being a 'god' means close to nothing now!

Besides all that, i personally think Wolverine is the worst in that regard. I'd have said Batman but they give him victories due to intelligence (even though through far fetched means). Wolverine seems to win in everything just because he has 'healing factor' attached to his name & adamantium attached to his bones. They've turned the healing factor into a ridiculous device that i now truly despise for Wolverine AND Hulk!

this.....

Avatar image for kneellb3forezod
    KNEELlb3foreZOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By KNEELlb3foreZOD

People just whine like little girls when Hulk smashes seven barrels of shit outta their fav Hero.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7c88819a452
    deactivated-5b7c88819a452

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He definitely is one of the most hated on here... He seems to lose to every single character on here lmao. People will bash him simply because they don't like him, doesn't change the fact that he is one of the strongest Marvel characters and can defeat a lot of opponents (of course he's not as powerful as Odin, Galactus, Thanos). He is still up there near the top though, Stan Lee created him too be the strongest there is! He is one of the best in the strength department because that's his purpous! Whereas the Hulk himself isn't very intelligent he makes up for it with brute strength.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#83  Edited By GreenScar1990

@BreakerofWorlds said:

He definitely is one of the most hated on here... He seems to lose to every single character on here lmao. People will bash him simply because they don't like him, doesn't change the fact that he is one of the strongest Marvel characters and can defeat a lot of opponents (of course he's not as powerful as Odin, Galactus, Thanos). He is still up there near the top though, Stan Lee created him too be the strongest there is! He is one of the best in the strength department because that's his purpous! Whereas the Hulk himself isn't very intelligent he makes up for it with brute strength.

Odin & Galactus? No.

Thanos without the Infinity Gauntlet or Heart of the Universe? Yes, Hulk is on the same level and beyond in terms of raw power.

Wanna know why Hulk is so hated on here?

It's because the Thor & Superman cretins/hypocrites/Hulk-haters don't see that Hulk is capable of defeating either one of them.

When it comes to Marvel heroes, Hulk is one of the most powerful super heroic beings in the entire Marvel Universe.

People just refuse to accept the facts.

Hulk and Thor are equals.

Neither is superior to the other.

Hulk fights Thor, neither holding anything back, they'd most like kill each other and destroy whatever planet (or at least a city or state) they're on. That's the whole truth of this discussion that both sides, Hulk and Thor fans alike, refuse to acknowledge and accept. Me, on the other hand, I gladly accept this. Simple as that, my friend.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By evilvegeta74

@ladymastermind: is that possible! Hulk isn't so bad!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#85  Edited By THORSON

sorry but superman is.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By THORSON

blame fanboys.

after stan lee the creator of both thor and hulk says "THOR is stronger than hulk". the fanboys rage and say hulk is stronger.

if you are going to debate against the creator then you are just too damn dumb.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

@THORSON said:

blame fanboys.

after stan lee the creator of both thor and hulk says "THOR is stronger than hulk". the fanboys rage and say hulk is stronger.

When has Stan Lee said that? I know he said that originally Thor was created to be stronger but he also said that Thor was created to be smarter than Reed Richards.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Fifthchild

@THORSON said:

blame fanboys.

Stan Lee wrote an issue where Hulk and Thor went at it hand 2 hand and Hulk straight, no excuses, beat Thor up. He also wrote the line "the Incredible Hulk has done what no other power save Thor's hammer could have done!" and described Hulk as "the most powerful creature on Earth" in FF 25 where Thor was clearly on Earth.

So clearly - Stan Lee is an idiot.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Fifthchild

@guttridgeb said:

@THORSON said:

blame fanboys.

When has Stan Lee said that? I know he said that originally Thor was created to be stronger but he also said that Thor was created to be smarter than Reed Richards.

He didnt state that Thor was supposed to be stronger. He said that he wanted to create someone as powerful as or perhaps even more powerful than the Hulk. He wasn't sure where to go because they already had the strongest guy in the Hulk and the smartest guy in Reed Richards etc but then he had the idea to make Thor a God.

I think the fact that he mentioned Reed Richards as the smartest guy makes it pretty clear that the intention wasnt to make Thor stronger than the Hulk (since Thor was never presented as a brainiac) but that they were struggling to come up with a decent hook for a new character and all the superlatives were already taken.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By THORSON

@Fifthchild said:

@guttridgeb said:

@THORSON said:

blame fanboys.

He didnt state that Thor was supposed to be stronger. He said that he wanted to create someone as powerful as or perhaps even more powerful than the Hulk. He wasn't sure where to go because they already had the strongest guy in the Hulk and the smartest guy in Reed Richards etc but then he had the idea to make Thor a God.

I think the fact that he mentioned Reed Richards as the smartest guy makes it pretty clear that the intention wasnt to make Thor stronger than the Hulk (since Thor was never presented as a brainiac) but that they were struggling to come up with a decent hook for a new character and all the superlatives were already taken.

that's what a hulk fanboy is suppose to say.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By THORSON

@Fifthchild said:

@guttridgeb said:

@THORSON said:

blame fanboys.

fanboys hating the creator....what next you going to hate the reader?

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Fifthchild

@THORSON said:

Um What? When did i say i hated Stan Lee?

Avatar image for oppagangnamstyle19
    oppagangnamstyle19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Hulk is awesome!

TheHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TheHulk

How can people hate Hulk? Hulk am very popular. Hulk #7 most popular comic character on IGN.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By THORSON

@Fifthchild said:

@THORSON said:

well you called him an idiot. and that's almost like hating the guy. plus you are an annoying fanboy.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Fifthchild

@THORSON said:

@Fifthchild said:

@THORSON said:

well you called him an idiot. and that's almost like hating the guy.

I was being sarcastic. Since you claimed that Stan thought/stated Thor was stronger and that anyone who disagreed was an idiot while Stan several times wrote stories and scenes that either showed or implied that Hulk was stronger than Thor. Therefore Stan's probably an idiot who doesnt know that Thor is actually stronger than Hulk.

plus you are an annoying fanboy.

OK. Maybe I am.

Coming from a completely neutral source such as yourself THORSON that hits pretty hard I have to say.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#98  Edited By Pyrogram

Nope, the flash by farrr

marvel123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By marvel123

i saw a battle thread where a bunch of people had good arguments for wonder woman beating the hulk in battle

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Fifthchild

@marvel123 said:

i saw a battle thread where a bunch of people had good arguments for wonder woman beating the hulk in battle

I don't mind that - Wonder Woman is fast, skilled, strong, has a number of cool weapons (mostly talking about old-DCU WW) and certainly could beat Hulk if the fight played to her advantages rather than The Hulks. People often use the words "could" and "would" interchangeably though around here.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.