Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Some questions about the Hulk?

Moul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

1) What do you guys think about the current Hulk?

2) Do you guys want more tragic or epic Hulk stories?

3) Does Hulk needs more villains?

4) Who is your favourite Hulk's friend?

5) There are too many Hulk? Which of them do you think should stay and which of them do you think should go?

6) Do you guys think the green giant should be more important in the Marvel universe?

7) Do you guys think Bruce Banner and the Hulk should be friends? do you guys think they should be enemies?

8) Do you guys think the Hulk should talk more? or maybe less?

Avatar image for worldbreakerhulk
    worldbreakerhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By worldbreakerhulk

Current hulk is not hulk!! He is Doc green. He said: I'm not full of anger, I'm full of hate......only hulk I know is angry. Doc green is something else.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Lots of potential, still waiting...

2. Epic yes, tragic meh.

3. More? Maybe. Better ones? Yes.

4. Wolverine, Sentry, Doctor Strange

5. Keep Hulk and She-Hulk, rest can go.

6. Yes.

7. That's a tough one, I'd like them to work together sometimes, their interests have to overlap sometime.

8. More

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@moul said:

5) There are too many Hulk? Which of them do you think should stay and which of them do you think should go?

6) Do you guys think the green giant should be more important in the Marvel universe?

7) Do you guys think Bruce Banner and the Hulk should be friends? do you guys think they should be enemies?

1. Lot's of wasted potential and empty promises.

2. Why not both?

3. He needs a lot more credible villains, his rogue gallery sucks to be honest.

4. Amadeus Cho and Hercules and also Rick.

5. I have been advocating this since a long time ago and my mind still hasn't changed, the ones that should stay are the Hulk himself and She-Hulk the rest are pointless and take away from the Hulk more then they add.

6. He should be about as important as any of the characters, the problem with writers that do events and group fights that have Hulk is that they usually don't capitalize on him and what he goes through his own current series. Like now we have a Hulk smarter then even Banner but did any of the writer utilize that in any way?

7. They are neither, they are the same person.

8. If Mark Waids run on Hulk has taught me anything, he should definitely talk more. Whether it's dumb Hulk or smart Hulk just having him smash sh!t without having any more personality to it is pointless.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@moul said:

1) Had immense potential, but is currently being greatly wasted.

2) Both. We can smaller, contained, character focused stories. And we can have long, epic, awesome, massive-in-scope/scale kind of stories.

3) Yes, his rogues gallery needs major improvement. Other than Lord Armageddon, Dark Sorceress Umar, the U-Foes, the Leader, and Abomination... he doesn't really have much of a rogues gallery as other villains like High Evolutionary, Juggernaut, Kang the Conqueror, Nightmare, and Mephisto are considered villains of other protagonists or the Marvel Universe in general. So, yes, he needs a lot more villains. And the ones that have immense potential, but are often rarely used (Umar, Lord Armageddon, U-Foes) should be brought to the forefront.

4) Skaar, Amadeus Cho, Hercules, Rick Jones, Jen Walters/She-Hulk

5) Skaar, Lyra, and Jen should stay permanently. Loads of potential with all three of them. I can take or leave Red She-Hulk & A-Bomb. But Red Hulk/General Ross needs to disappear forever.

6) Yes, the Hulk needs a far larger and vastly more prominent role in Marvel Comics. The problem is that numerous writers don't realize his infinite potential

7) Hulk and Banner's relationship has always been complicated. They're the same, yet different. Same person, yet two different beings (or more if you count the numerous Hulk personas/incarnations). Therefore, I believe the best way to handle it would be take the dynamic Greg Pak established between the two in his tenure as well as the dynamic Banner & Hulk had in the animated Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

8) Hulk should always be very verbose. None of that one-dimensional snarling, raging beast that Mark Waid forced down our throats for 2 years. A Hulk that talks is an more dynamic and interesting Hulk. Don't believe me? Ask any true fan of the Hulk series who's been reading the character for over a decade.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

1) I think it's decent, I'm still waiting to see the last few issues.

2) a bit of both.

3) Yep, his rogues gallery is pretty terrible. I don't even think he needs new villains tbh, they just need to make better use of the ones he has. I mean why another writer hasn't used hiro-kala again is beyond me. He isn't dead and many excuses can be made for him returning, is hulks evil son and is ridiculously powerful. Then you get guys like the U-foes who should be used more as well.

4) I like tons of them.

5) I can't see what the problem with all the hulks is. I think they should just get used more.

6) I think marvel should actually use him in their storys that don't take place in a hulk comic. In avengers for example he's literally only there because he's too popular not to include, he doesn't actually do anything. The best use of him I've seen so far is when the illuminati and avengers were fighting and they were all sh*tting themselves at the thought of fighting the hulk. But aside from that him being there is pointless. Even if he just played a bigger part in events like he did in the chaos war.

7) I dont think they should be friends per-say, but more of a mutual dislike but mutual respect kind of thing, like pak estabilished.

8) definitely. Waid tried the silent type and his run was heavily criticised for the nonexistent characterisation of the hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.