Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

RULK TV : Red Hulk a villian in new ABC HULK Television Series?

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

Edited By RedHulk
    Guillermo del Toro
    Guillermo del Toro

When it was announced that writer / director Guillermo del Toro was developing a new “HULK” television series for Disney’s ABC network, there was a lot of speculation regarding what type of Hulk incarnation would Guillermo bring to home audiences.   Would it be faithful to the framework the film “The Incredible Hulk” starring Ed Norton already established?   Would it be a reboot of the classic Bill Bixby, Lou Ferrigno 1970’s television series?   Apparently, del Toro wasn’t even sure at first.  

We've gone through a lot of iterations with the ABC project and we're very happy where we are right now. We are just waiting for the green light to go to pages.” he told MTV.   Ultimately, the majority of Hulk fans had no idea what to expect. 

Then, this morning I received the following brief e-mail. 

David Eick and Guillermo del Toro submitted a treatment that includes the development of the Red Hulk as a villain.   Thought you might like to know” 

Bam.  That’s it. 

I have no way of collaborating this info, and I haven’t been able to determine who this person is or his/her legitimacy is at this point.   Could it be possible?   Maybe.   Maybe not.   We do know that Guillermo has publically praised the work of writer Jeph Loeb (co-creator of the Rulk) in more than one occasion, and expressed his desire to create a series more faithful to the comic.   We also do know that the Red Hulk comic has been outselling the Green Hulk comic for a couple years now (and executives pay attention to sales).   But would ABC approve such a storyline?   Maybe… but please take this rumor for what it is… a rumor.  

Stay hopeful, throw salt over your shoulder, and wish the demons and warlocks away. 

RULK versus HULK
    RULK versus HULK

-A.J. 
    A general falls. A red monster rises. Stay tuned.  
    Follow the RED HULK BLOG on Twitter @ RedHulkBlog 
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1  Edited By cattlebattle

bump---

this is interesting

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Loki9876

how can you make a hulk television show will that not look incredibly fake.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I'm just not sure this can translate to TV effectively now, The original as sometimes corny as it was is classic. This day and age the CG I have doubts about.

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedHulk
    @Omega Ray Jay
    @Loki9876: 

Del Toro is the ultimate monster creator... and he indicated he would use a combination of CGI and practical effects, i.e. an animatronic Hulk.  It could look somewhat like this work: 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @RedHulk: Yes!

Generally, when ever Guillermo Del Toro is involved with anything comic related, you know he'll take it seriously and do a good job
    Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Loki9876

i hope so that would be one badass television show

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RedHulk

If you fast-foward 1:31 into this second video, you can see a little more of the robotic Hulk.  In this clip they actually applied some of the flesh onto the animatronic skeleton, resulting in some really realistic hand and finger movements. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.