Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Off My Mind: The Revelation of How Hulk and Banner Were Separated

• 79 results
    Dru_zod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Dru_zod

Wait so Hulk is like a juggernaut now. Before it was always turn him back to banner,,,,,,, so............ No Banner= Nobody to stop him

Blues32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Blues32

It makes some sense. I think the other geniuses, Stark, Richards, so on...knew there would be a severe negative backlash to the process. Doom probably knew as well, but didn't care. Perhaps he still holds some grudge toward Banner for his bout with brain damage.

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
    Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

I think all my questions and concerns have been answered by previous posts, thank you all :)

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Doom is best at science!

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

There's no way it could be this simple. Nah, I see this as merely a red herring for now to throw us off the track as we read into more of this "Hulk Asunder" saga. It couldn't be this simple because its NOT this simple. But its a good explanation for the meantime, plus one has to consider that Doom may have ulterior motives.

JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By JonesDeini

Hmmm...plausible science in superhero comics? Since when has that been something to even expect? This solution is no less plausible than the characters origin.

GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By GT-Man

no! they can't be seperated! their the best couple in comicbook history thats not gay!!!!!! they must be one!

wdchefdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By wdchefdave

Gee, I can remember way back when he was grey... (In the '60s.)... and what made him worth reading was the whole "duality of man" thing! Hell, I thought he was the Frankenstein monster when I first bought that comic book. But, I kept buying his comics for that very reason for over thirty years. What has been done to him in the past few years is absolute stupidity. Shame on all who had a part in tearing apart an absolute Marvel icon.

shield_slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By shield_slinger

I thought it was a very good issue.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#60  Edited By Teerack

I'm just terrified that Bruce is gonna die. I've always liked him and I really don't wanna see him die. 

They should just made Bruce his own hulk. He can be the grey hulk and just work the way Red Hulk, Red She Hulk, She Hulk, Lyra, and Skaar work. Where when they trance form there isn't any weird multiple personality stuff happening, there the same person just in hulk form.

cassiuss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By cassiuss

First off im happy with the fact that its Doom that was picked for the procedure, i mean besides the fact the he's my fav charecter but just the fact that he's knowledgable of tech and magic. But what about Hulks healing factor? Remember when he fought Speedfreak and he had a grappling hook stuck in his arm and it healed before he could get ot out. Now of course Doom being who he is he most likely found a way around this but at the end of the day...this is Doom we're talking about and we all know that he'd sell his mother if the situation called for it,i have no doubt that this situation is going to get very interesting before its all done.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By LordRequiem

Yes! It had to be Doom, that's excellent, one of the coolest villains involved. One thing I don't understand is how he was able to operate on the Hulk when most things probably wouldn't penetrate his skin, unless he let it???

HulkSMashDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By HulkSMashDC

I like what has been done to a certain extent... I like that doom is in the the picture, it has been quite awhile since we have seen doom grace the pages of a hulk book. The brain surgery and cloning was a fantastic idea. Yes a bit of a stretch, but hey this is the comics :). My curiosity lies, since they spilt brains, could doom have implanted a hypnotic suggestion as part as a unspoken deal to control hulk and banner? Or what level of intelligence is this hulk, power set etc.... I like the ruthlessness of the hulk, Like how he pretty much decimated the boar brothers;and how he has no qualms about hurting anything, " now leave or die, your choice". The only thing I don't care for is the art. I like the ruggedness of the lines, but it paints a bland picture and to the backdrops of the pages aren't that great either...need more depth and pinash.

jadejaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By jadejaws

I agree with the sentiment of the author and many of the posters here.

I think the art of this book is terrible. It reminds me of the Jeff Purves era. Art from panel to panel of the Hulk is completely inconsistent. In one panel the Hulk looks like an ape, in another he looks like he should. Panels of Banner differ greatly as well. I wonder if the comic is rushed. I would rather have a BW comic with consistent good art than the trash that is being produced. It only goes to prove that Marvel simply does not care about the product they are producing and care more about the bottom line.

I am severely disappointed in Marvel in the continued dilution of the Hulk character. I am starting to think with the Hulk and Marvel that this generation of comics is going to pass me by. I will cling to my 1000+ issues where the Hulk was what he was. The Hulk is supposed to be an anomaly among radiation poisoning. A special element existed in Banner with the sheer rage inside him that unleashed the Hulk with the accident. The appeal of the Hulk to me (and I imagine to most of its core fans) is the personal emergence of the subdued anger ALL of us retain. It was gratifying reading a Hulk and envisioning yourself in the position. How has that connection that was the entire lure and individual nature of the Hulk been diluted so far?

I used to love the Hulk (reader since 1982) and looked forward to the inner conflict and turmoil faced by Bruce Banner/Hulk. This comic is now about selling as many as they can on a gimmick. The "Incredible Hulks" as a whole are the same thing.

I beg of Marvel and whoever is the powers that be......Establish the inner rage all of us contain as the unique "strongest one there is" once again. End this dilution. End this play for sporadic purchases. Slow and steady wins the race. The Hulk is what he is. Planet Hulk was perfect. Peter David is God. Learn from this nonsense.

This was a flagship founding character that is being destroyed.

redsonjustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By redsonjustin

.....no comment.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#66  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I'm ok with it. like it was said before, dr doom is the only one who would attempt surgery on the hulk as I'm sure he wouldn't care if the big green monster died. Now he can add to seperating Hulk and banner to his better than reed richards list of things done.

Godabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Godabed

How did he manage to turn the Hulk's healing factor off to perform the surgery, and keep it from regenerating afterwards???  I thought Hulk and banner were fused to gamma radiation on a cellular level. Which was one of the reasons that when Banner died, he was bombarded with gamma rays and brought back to life. So even banner in the clone body, his brain should still be gamma radiated, and have some kind of side effect that could connect him to the hulk.... or at least the healing factor.  IDK This story is just really stop, I think i'm gonna stop reading the Hulk now.

Dr. Doom, brain surgery, and cloning?  I thought Doom was good at magic and making robot copies of himself. I've never heard of him making a clone of himself.  Maybe if they used magic as a means to do it, they wouldn't have to explain as much, because, it's magic... enugh said.  But Nooooo Brain Surgery on the Hulk, and cloning.  If i remember correctly didn't Kitty Pride Fuse the Hulk's body with the ground and his Body rejected the fusion?  And if Part of his Brain was taken out, wouldn't the Hulk's Body simply just grow it back....

This is hurting my head... I'm done.

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ALdragon17

I don't know if this is true, but 80% of the brain came be damage and still function. With Doom, is a mad man, he not thinking like a regular person. Anyways, different parts of the brain hold different emotions. The left side controls the right side and the right controls the left.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#69  Edited By frozenedge2

My guess is that Hulk didn't go to Stark or Richards because he doesn't trust since they shot him into space. Pym was probably unavailable since he's got the Avengers Academy to deal with or Hulk just didn't trust him since he's friends with Stark. I'm assuming that Doom used some combo of magic and science to counter Hulk's ridiculously fast healing factor. All in all I'm enjoying this separation between the two. Its been tried before and this time, its actually worked

FoxCircuit101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FoxCircuit101

That complete sci-fi, the human brain may be operated my hormones and chemicals but you can't cut out portions of the brain dealing with multiple personalities. You can however lobotomize the parts of the brain that deal with rage, or emotion that's plausible. But I suppose the writer didn't want banner or hulk to be reduced to a human vegetable unable to function at all. But that's close enough for me.

HULKTEAMUP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By HULKTEAMUP

I agree that the smartest brians on the good side probably have figured it out. But seeing the resulting diasters that come from Hulk and Banner being seperated is clearly why probably they never really put their all into the Idea. while Doctor Doom has no ethics and really doesn"t care what happens since he sperated them. taking advantage of the Hulk's lesser intelligence and making him to agree to do Doom a favor later makes for an interesting idea though, possible a future arc within this new series. Look at Bruce now without the Hulk need I say more.

kheranlord12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#72  Edited By kheranlord12

I never thought that Doom had expertise in surgery and pschology. Not all people are able to figure it out because most of marvel great thinkers specialized in different fields.

NeonBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NeonBlade

Even "if" this current Banner does die. It is not the REAL Banner, he is an excised clone. From the Hulks mind. Which makes absolutely no sense when you think of it. 

Is there a petition we could make to get Jason Aaron off this series? Before it really hits murky waters?

Symbiocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74  Edited By Symbiocide

Its amazing how Doctor Doom can isolate the part of Hulk's mind that controls transformations and clone a new body for Banner, yet no one in the Marvel universe knew how to save an old lady from a bullet injury except the Devil.

smfb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By smfb93

yea, see it makes half and half sense, but here is the thing, no other super minded individual in the marvel universe thought of it? kinda hard to believe, but i read all the comments and say to myself hey wait, none of us thought of it why the hell is it so hard to believe? Its honestly not that hard to believe that doom would do this over other people because I can almost gaurentee that cloning goes against alot of the ethics with other super heros. On top of that I severly doubt any of hulk's "friends" would feel comfortable performing brain surgery on the hulk....would you? So I kinda gotta give Dr.Doom props for steppin up to do what others wouldn't dare do because I sure as hell wouldn't.

umbrafeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 20

#76  Edited By umbrafeline

if doom is such a good doctor shouldnt he had hulk anesthesitized first before literally picking apart hulks brain? i know i wouldve and like doom i had medical training but not as much as him though ^_^

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Grixxel

I mean ... I know it's a comic book and all... but holy shit, this is so fucking stupid.

whacknasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#78  Edited By whacknasty

Wow... Doom has to be pushing his way closer to surpassing Reed as the top brain in the Marvel U. I like how he also made it clear "You frightened them, no doubt. Rest assured, you do not have the same effect on me." A little Doom-swag for Hulk to chew on before the whole thing went down...lol

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#79  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read (not the article, the reason behind how they were separated).  

Seriously, Jason Aaron, you suck. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.