Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

If World War Hulk was canon?

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainDoeo

I understand that World War Hulk was consider canon, though I still don't understand a lot of it. Why do people in forums refer to him as "WWH"? Wouldn't it just be "Hulk?" What's the difference? Was Hulk powered by something that he isn't anymore or something?

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Enosisik

He was a stronger than normal version of Hulk and the story was called world war hulk. Yes its cannon but it's not Hulk at his normal level.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#3  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Technically his proper name is World breaker Hulk since WWH was the name of the event.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By KainScion

he was the strongest representation of hulk. the strongest personna. and WTH are you making a thread about this? read the vine page on hulk.@CaptainDoeo:

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Enosisik answered my question. Thank you. I apologize, Avenging-X-Bolt, I haven't read World War Hulk, yet. As for you, Kain Scion, I was asking why "World Breaker Hulk" and "Normal Hulk" were any different. "WTH" do you have to be so rude?

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@CaptainDoeo: sorry to ask, but what's canon mean?

CaptainDoeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CaptainDoeo

Main story/universe.

Redberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Redberry

The same would be for Wanda. People keep referring to her as HOM Scarlet Witch, it's her strongest incarnation; however, The Children's Crusade reveals that she can use that power anytime she wants simply by tapping into the life force.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Onemoreposter

@stormphoenix: Canonical. Look that word up on google.

Basically when people refer to a canon, they're talking about whats happened on the same timeline with other things. Examples:

Nolan's Batman films are part of a different canon than Burton's.

Every time Marvel publishes a "What if?" it's starts a new line of "canon" separate that the main universe/story.

Stories like The Dark Knight Returns and Superman: Red Son have different "canons" than the main/regular/monthly stories being told about Batman and Superman.

Hope this helps :)

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Enosisik

Not just timelines but also connon means that it officially happened. Non-canon could be as he said just a 'what if' story or a fan fiction or anything that doesn't count as part of the original on going story.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.