Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk's bad ass level went up SEVERAL notches this week people...

• 61 results
    vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By vidarrodinson

We are as bad as ring side judges in Las Vegas.  Not wanting the Hometown Favorite to lose in a Championship Match.  Well, I can relate to your remorse.  The truth is Thor got the "W" .  In spite of what was said.  The threat was  dealt with.  I would have said.  Green Guy,  You are the weakest link.  Goodbye
    Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Blue Son

Okay people, the reason post was never a battle post. The point of this post is basically to state that based on the feats the Hulk have displayed this week, not just ANYONE can beat him. He's officially earned his spot as one of the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe based on off of this week. Secondly, and this is just my opinion, BFR move is a dumb victory, knocking an opponent off the battlefield and not going after him to finish the fight means he needed to put distance between him in order to recover and regroup. If I kick a guy off a ledge to a ground floor and I quickly get away and not finish the fight and he's still fine it only means I live to fight another day. But that is my opinion. Secondly and I ask again, how does Thor know that he could NEVER beat Nul if this is the FIRST time they ever fought? Why would Thor admit to an opponent in the middle of a fight that he could never beat him. It's not hos style. And let's not forget, before the one on one with the Nul enchanted Hulk he almost killed an Angirr enchanted blast Ben Grimm with one blast. Yet he wasn't able to do the same with the Hulk? Best he could do was remove him from the battlefield? The way I interpret the reading of the book is that Thor was addressing the Hulk, despite being taken over by Nul. This was his first confrontation with Nul, he's never fought with Nul in the past so there is no way he would admit to Nul that he can't beat especially since last issue he was ready to fight his uncle head on and die if need be. But he has fought the Hulk before. Anyone who says differently, needs to show me when and what issue Thor and Nul have fought before.

Suiken_Seiji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Suiken_Seiji

Sorry to say, but actions speak louder than words. 

As for words, there's a couple of things here that can be looked at. Thor could be using strategy in allowing Nul to think he can win in order for him to drop his guard and catch him by surprise. Thor could be sardonic, being disdainfully or skeptically humorous. Maybe Thor meant "beat" by, beating Hulk down with brute force. 

One thing for sure is... I don't think Thor was implying the idea of not being defeat to beat Hulk. Why? He has done it in the past and another point is in the comic it self, that he takes the win. PIS? I wouldn't really say so, he's always consistently known to be pretty out rageous. Taking on Sky Fathers like Hades/Pluto, Shiva, etc.

Maybe the writers are trying to show case both characters they love to be equal to some degree. Thor saying he can't beat him, but does. That gives brownie points to both Thor and Hulk. Thor beats both Hulk/Nul and Angrir/Thing, that gives him a good showing. A good showing for Hulk in that instance is Thor saying "I can't beat you, I never could beat you". 

There's a lot of ways to look at this, but one of them is not Thor could never defeat Hulk.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Super_Gui_1

Or maybe fear itself is just a piece of shit book full of plot holes and PIS in which you shouldn't just a person lvl depending on their fight? Comon the hammers they're given offer the same power boost from Thor without hammer to thor with hammer so does any of you really believe a Thor without hammer could beat both the Thing and Hulk? I think not, so why would he be able to when they get the same power boost? It was just for plot sake.

KainScion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#55  Edited By KainScion
    @Enzeru: dont you take it away from my boy. he DA MAN. go glorify superman.
    Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Nul > Hulk.

vidarrodinson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By vidarrodinson

Good stuff here.  I only want to add this.  I really re-read some old battles of these two characters.  Truth be told,  I could not give Thor a win.  I could'nt give the Hulk but one solid win.  The most were draws or non-decisions.  I concluded that even the close fights were seen as a edge to the Hulk.  Thor had an edge in Hela's realm in one contest.  So the Hulk did get a fair statement from Thor. 
    seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By seekquaze

I've seen arguments all over the place.  Personally, I find Thor either being sarcastic or just addressing Worthy Hulk.  He says he could not beast Nul and realizes he never could because Nul's power is too much beyond Thor's.  So he is addressing only Worthy Hulk either with sarcasm or in a moment of weakness.  Still, with him knocking Nul into space a moment later and that counts as a victory it is clear he can beat Hulk/Nul.

As for Hulk's planet destroy feat.  Good for him.  Like Silver Surfer and Thor Hulk now has a planet busting feat.  I think the whole "Hulk was holding back the whole time" is poor storytelling and nothing more than fan fiction with the way the story is being written, but there it is.

Super_Gui_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Super_Gui_1

lol just read fear itself 5 i cannot believe ppl think that bfr was a win

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Now idk if you noticed but Thor used everything he had just to bfr him not HURT him just make him someone else problem and just doing that took him so much strength he fell to the ground
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Oh God, I'm glad I've avoided all of this.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#61  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    Thor > Nul > Hulk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.