Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk Reading Help

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By z1co80

Hey,

I am hoping someone can help me, I have just gotten into Comics/Graphic Novels and my issue i am having is it's so hard to follow. I decided to follow Batman and the Hulk and with much searching and help on the Batman forum on this site i have managed to get a list of the Books i need to get to best follow Batman. As a new reader i am not ashamed to admit i am struggling a bit.

For instance, I have purchased

• Planet: Hulk
    • World War Hulk

I know that the order is now Fall of the Hulks, World War Hulks but i dont know if all i have to buy for Fall of the Hulks is the following

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hulk-Fall-Hulks-Prelude-Incredible/dp/0785143157/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fall-Hulks-Vol-1-Jeph-Loeb/dp/1846534623/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&coliid=I32ONAJKLS038R&colid=4IY5PML8M3VH

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fall-Hulks-Vol-2-Jeph-Loeb/dp/1846534631/ref=pd_sim_b_4

Will i also need to purchase tie ins or does that links i posted cover everything?

With regards to World War Hulks, I dont know what i have to buy. I have been looking for a way to get the whole Hulk story in as few books as possible because i will also being purchasing Secret Wars, Infinity Gauntlet, Infinity War, Infinity Crusade, Secret War, Avengers: Disassembled, House of M, Annihilation bk 1,2 & 3, Road to Civil War, Frontline 1 & 2, Civil War: Amazing Spider-Man, Silent War, Annihilation Conquest bk 1,2 & 3.

Sounds stupid but i am just trying to know what i need so i have my wishlists on Amazon in order. My apologies if these are questions that have been posted before but i am just a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I have being searching this site and Wiki for a while and have learned a lot but i am just stuck at the moment.

Thanks

Avatar image for hulk_superstomp
    Hulk_SuperStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Hulk_SuperStomp

I was in the same position as you a few months ago mate, went out and bought WWH and Planet Hulk and they were definetly good ones to start on. I Knew the basic history of the character but not much else though and was abit stuck on where to go next so I started just reading any forums on hulk an it fills in so much of the history and gives a sense of what to read next.

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By z1co80

Thanks for replying bud. Yeah i am just lost, I mean is Fall of the Hulks volume 1 & 2 the whole story? or is it better to get them in trade paperback which i've read is harder to follow the story.

I dont know lol, Its a pain in the you know what. I've searched for a comprehensive Hulk reading order from Planet Hulk but i haven't found anything that good, Tried searching this site for but this site doesn't have a review on the two books (Fall of the Hulks vol 1 & 2) i linked in the OP, well i cant find it if they do.

I dont even have a Comic book store close to me so everything i am trying to find out is online. :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.