Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk Cinematic Universe Thread

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GreenScar1990

And let's not forget about this post!

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/what-we-want-in-marvel-studios-phase-4-world-war-h/1100-150248/

I've got my own idea for possible/potential Phase 4 MCU plans involving the Hulk. We all know that after the Infinity trilogy that we're gonna need another major villain, one who is just as powerful and dangerous as Thanos. And you know who I think would really fit the bill? That's right.

The Maestro.

We've already delved into the scientific and cosmic aspects of the MCU, and we'll also be soon exploring the mystic with Dr. Strange. So what's left? Well, how about time-travel.

Picture this.

Avengers: Future Imperfect

Does that grab your attention?

It should.

I have three scenarios for a potential storylines. The first one involves our team of Avengers somehow getting transported through time, perhaps by facing another potential villain of Phase 4 in the form of Kang the Conqueror. The entire team of heroes is sent several hundred years into the future, finding the planet has been turned into a dystopian wasteland. It is here where they encounter the Maestro, the one responsible for laying waste to the Earth and the rest of the MCU. Barely surviving the experience, they manage to make their way back to modern day Earth.

My second scenario involves Kang the Conqueror allying himself with the Maestro, whose intent is the conquest of the multiverse. The Maestro, in Thanos-like fashion, betrays Kang and plots to invade the current day MCU with his army of Hulks, Gamma Monsters, and Robots. It is only through Hulk and the Avengers, who ally themselves temporarily with Kang & his forces, who manage to close the gateway to Maestro's future/universe/reality and thus save the MCU for the time being.

My third scenario is a merging of the two scenarios listed above.

However, after going through this experience of whichever scenario I've come up with, the Avengers and the rest of the world begin to fear Hulk for what he may become. It is because of this horrible experience that, out of fear and desperation, they begin their next course of action. And what would that be?

Shoot Hulk/Banner into space.

That would easily set the stage for a "Planet Hulk" & "World War Hulk" film for Phase 4-5 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Your thoughts?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

Honestly I think that planet hulk and world war hulk would be a much better fit than maestro. The problem with maestro is that he's, for all intents and purposes, a dick. He's a flatout bad guy and unless they make some drastic changes to his character in the movie then he'll be nothing more than a generic super powerful villain.

Having the planet hulk and world war hulk route would work so much better seeing as that would be a hulk that people could sympathise with, and it's not often that people can end up routing for the antagonist of the story.

Plus I'm sure maestro would end up doing some horrific things like brutally killing people, and I personally would hate to see my favourite character be reduced to a mindless killing machine.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel: What other proper motive would the heroes of Earth have to shoot Hulk into space than the possibility that he could become a being who kills everything, conquerors the MCU, and is intent on conquering the multiverse?

And I would hardly call the Maestro a mindless killing machine. Maestro is equivalent to Thanos if he were pumped up by gamma energy from an omniversal power source.

I believe Hulk could still be portrayed as very sympathetic and heroic even if the Maestro were to be introduced as a major antagonist prior to him being sent to Sakaar for Planet Hulk. The heroes would only do it out of fear and prejudice, which would make them quite unlikable in my honest opinion. It'd be like getting accused of a murder you didn't commit and still have to take the punishment. You'd still cheer for the Hulk during Planet Hulk & World War Hulk.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: I can think of ALLOT of other proper motives to shoot him into space... Seriously hurting someone, going on a rampage etc.

You just contradicted yourself here. And maestro isn't equivalant to thanos, he's just evil and thus far has no great scientific feats nor any particularly special motivations.

Making the heroes unlikable beats the point of being a hero. the point is to have hulk be a likeable antagonist doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. The heroes shouldn't be potrayed as 100% in the wrong, seeing as they're still fundementally the 'good guys' of the movie. If maestro is introduced and the heroes send the real hulk away because of him then that'd just make them seem like absolute douchebags, you want the audience to be split on who to support, not lopsided in favour of the antagonist of the story. If hulk seriously hurts one of his teammates in a fight or he constantly goes on rampages I guess the heroes would have some justification to send him away, making the audience see the reason for the heroes doing it and also sympathising with hulk.

Although now that I think about it the maestro angle could maybe work. They send him away in fear of what he might do, hulk comes, has a chance to kill an avenger, but proves himself to be the bigger man, proving he isn't what they thought he might be. But then again the avengers would be made to like dicks in that turn of events.

THETRAUMINATOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes yes yes

I have wanted a hulk standalone for ageeeeessssss now

Personally i would like to see a planet hulk + WWH ... Just so i can see hulk kick everyones ass on the big screen

Maestro would be ok to tho....either way a hulk standalone movie is over due

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sticking with everything I said in my posts. We need a major antagonist who is just as powerful and cunning as Thanos after the Infinity trilogy is over. And whether some like it or not, the Maestro definitely fits the bill in every aspect. Peter David, Sam Humphries, and Marvel Creative Director Bill Rosemann believe it. And I'm sure tons of others do as well.

I've given three good scenarios involving the Maestro that could be used with incredible effect. It'd give the heroes and the world reason for shooting Hulk into space, thus setting up Planet Hulk. Out of fear of Hulk's power, unpredictability, and the possibility of what he may become, they banish him to another planet.

When he returns for World War Hulk, he brings the entire world and its heroes down to their knees. And when he has the chance to kill them all, to take the first step in becoming the Maestro, Hulk doesn't kill them and proclaims he cane back for justice, not murder. Proving the heroes and the entire world wrong.

That's the entire point I was making from my very first post. If you understand the character, and importance of the story set-up, you would see it quite clearly.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990:

I'd love to see Maestro in a film! DC has Superboy prime who is real badass and no one moans, so why not a bad ass Hulk!

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990: I guess that would be cool, I misunderstood your first post.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GreenScar1990

@thedailybagel said:

No worries, dude.

It's just a shame that Leonard Nimoy is gone. :(

I always invisioned him as the voice of the Maestro. And nobody can tell me that wouldn't be have been awesome. It would have been a perfect casting.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedailybagel said:

No worries, dude.

It's just a shame that Leonard Nimoy is gone. :(

I always invisioned him as the voice of the Maestro. And nobody can tell me that wouldn't be have been awesome. It would have been a perfect casting.

I think Jeremy Irons can do a good ass Maestro voice. Of course you will know him from Lion king but he played the Pope in the Borgias and I imagine that voice for Maestro. lol

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Bezza

@bonifidehustla:

Jeremy Irons,definitely a good voice choice. Plays a great villain! Remember him from Die Hard 3? Also played count Richelieu in the current BBC TV Series the Musketeers. I am a brit myself and we brits make the best bad guys, Mark Strong, Ian MacKellen, Ben Kingsley, Benedict Cumberbatch, etc!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.