Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Hulk and the Agents of SMASH - Episode 1 REVIEW

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

This show's sole purpose was to make Hulk more well-known and likeable for younger audiences. Unfortunately, that meant that we know have a child friendly Hulk. I liked that it showed Hulk interacting with beings of similar power-levels , e.g Red Hulk, Skaar etc. but it felt a bit too "kiddy" for me. Don't get me wrong, I know it's a kid's show but that doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it too. The Avengers EMH and Young Justice were amazing. They set the standard of good animated series. For a series about the Hulk it missed the mark on what his character truly is about. Annihulus was cool though.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was looking forward good for the this show but it seems this show does more harm then good for the characters. I could be ok with all of these character variations except for Skaar. Skaar has been one of my favorite characters since his creation. He was a savage killer that was an eye for an eye and didnt care about what others thought. He was a true badass.

I know he is basically a 12 yr old kid in the comics but they do treat him like an idiot. He should be one with his Hulk form (since that is his normal form) but just act and think like a 12 yr old (A 12 yr old that had only known war and death for most of his life). Also when the writers talk about the different things each character brings to the show they said

Hulk - is the core strong man

Red Hulk - Strategic one

Jen Walters - Quicker and agile one

A-Bomb - can turn invisible

wait for it now..........

Skaar - HAS A SWORD!!!!!!!!

Seriously thats what he brings the the team? Might as well kill him off now. Why doesnt he bring the ability to not be harmed by fire, lava, or heat if you want to go with something small or go with his true defining characteristic and say HE HAS THE OLDSTRONG ABILITIES AND POWER. That would be huge and defining but no they talk about how he carries a sword.

So far i have been turned off from this show but i will give it a chance.

Avatar image for cosmiccommonsense
    CosmicCommonSense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I swear the first time hulk scratches his head with a confused expression im tuning out

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull: I generally agree with all your points. I'd probably give it a 6.5 though. It was nothing to right home about but we are only one episode in so that's fine. I really like how it feels like it picks up right after Greg Paks Incredible Hulks run give or take. I'm really interested in seeing how they swing Skaar being Hulks son. I hope they don't just give him a re done version of Lyra's origin. (created from DNA of the Hulk)

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theacidskull:

lol i havent even seen the episode yet i just saw the trailers and the article with the writer talking about what each character brings to the show and what i posted is what the writer of the show said.

@theacidskull: I generally agree with all your points. I'd probably give it a 6.5 though. It was nothing to right home about but we are only one episode in so that's fine. I really like how it feels like it picks up right after Greg Paks Incredible Hulks run give or take. I'm really interested in seeing how they swing Skaar being Hulks son. I hope they don't just give him a re done version of Lyra's origin. (created from DNA of the Hulk)

Why wouldnt they use his original origin?

Flopsop200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf: Because they have him being Annihilus' servant and coming from the negative zone in the first episode with no one having any knowledge of who he is. If Planet Hulk happened a remotely intelligent Hulk would of remembered knocking up Caiera. Then that begs the question of:

1. Did his friends send him off planet?

2. Did she die?

3. If so, did WWH happen?

4. Why doesn't Hulk or anyone realize he looks like Hulk mixed with a Shadow Person?

I don't think they want to weigh the new animated universe down with all that continuity as of yet. (USM, AA, and Hulk share continuity)

I'd love it but I think they just wanna keep it simple for the kids right now.

If I end up eating my words, all the better. I want them to stay as close to the source material as possible.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

@flopsop200: Wow so they either changed his origin totally or he might have the same origin but never found his father after Planet Hulk and got caught up by Annihilus before he made it to earth.

In the trailer Red states he looks and acts like Hulk.

Not that i think about it and given the information you stated about no one knowing who he is i would say that the best thing would be for Planet Hulk and WWH to have happened and just have the tiny change that Ceiara died without telling Hulk she was pregnant

Xaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its cool that everyone is trying to give the series a chance, but then again i am not everyone. This is a classical example why you shouldnt get ahead of yourself. If Disney wasnt ready to follow through on the whole concept of not just the Hulk but other Marvel Chracters aswell, then maybe it should have bought over another little kids franchise...Not Marvel and certainly not because Wanner Owns DC (They Get the Picture). Seriously the series lacks any true implication of the events it is trying to capture. This is a UNION OF THE STRONGEST THERE IS,THE CRAZIEST THERE IS .....ITS BAD NEWS AND GOOD NEWS ALL IN ONE. But hey....it all missing in the series. I was looking forward to this one but i must say after the first episode, i expect a hulk version of ULTIMATE SPIDERMAN SERIES

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
    UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a piece of crap

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.