Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

How would you write the Hulk?

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
    UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

If you were a comic book writer for Marvel, how would you write him? What about the Hulk would you explore in your stories?

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The rise of Maestro.

Prelude of why and how he became Maestro. Then slowly show him become more and more powerful, defeating most MU heros one after another. Then ruler of the world. Then somehow have someone do something with time but a bit different from Future Imperfect to fix the timeline. I personally think Hulk became Maestro because of the extremis so somehow someone back in time would have to prevent Hulk from getting that. Kinda of like the movie xmen Days of future past.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@schwarz: that's more or less what duggans doing now.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

Personally, I'd like to bring back the green scar, albeit older and wiser. I'd try to explore his relationship with bruce and other hulk personalities, as well as what goes on in his head while he fights. id love to explore his world breaker persona more as well, it'd be awesome if he managed to control it properly, with help from the other hulk personalities.

I'd write him as a beast (in the powerful sense) tbh, considering he'd be able to use his world breaker state without too much trouble. Not to mention hed be slightly older and the other hulk personalities would be helping him out in his psyche.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I have a very long layout, spanning over 50+ story arches and numerous standalone stories, involving the Hulk/Banner. It's just in case if I ever get the chance to write the character (I even got an epic Thor saga as well laid out). If I was given the chance to write the Hulk, it'd be awesome, epic, and very emotional.

If I were the writer for the Hulk/Bruce Banner, I'd have a lot of big plans for him. I would have story arcs and standalone issues filtered throughout my entire run. My work would be like a combination of the best from Greg Pak, Peter David, and Bill Mantlo's eras. I would pay homage to these writers and their stories, but I'd always make sure that my stories would be my own. I would also delve into the character's rich 50+ year history. There would be tons of intense action, psychological drama, bits of humor, and even some romance amongst the mayhem and escapism.

I would like to try something unique with my run. I'd want to do things that none of the previous runs have done. I'd bring in new elements and ideas, along with the classics that we know and love. I would bring in old and new villains. I would have stories that are epic in scope, as well as smaller, more contained pieces.

If you want to know more, you'll have to PM and ask. I won't reveal everything, but I will give out some details.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Schwarz

I hope we will see world breaker hulk in the new secret wars Battlegrounds in may 2015. Like i said before I think the way marvel will do it is that a lot of char. From the MU will havw their own little universe. That way marvel can make everything Canon without it actually being it. So if in a a way in one area maestro can be shown killing every other MU char. But in a way since they exist in other universe on the same earth it is canon and not for those who read other parts of battlegrounds. Anyways i'm not sure if you guys follow me but I think that is where marvel is going with that battlegrounds map shown when all universes colide. They will please fans of mosr char since they basically will all have their own dimensions on the same earth. It gives the freedom for writers to make it like in the maestro universe, show maestro killing thor and such and be able to sell the comic because thats what we want to see and read without affecting thw other realms where other writers can write thor.

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@greenscar1990: @thedailybagel: @schwarz: Great ideas. I'd certainly like to see more of World Breaker Hulk though with a much bigger challenge. The heroes that were present during World War Hulk didn't seem challenging enough for him in my opinion. It'll be awesome to see him face Thanos or higher up villains to show that he means business.

I have a theory. I think sometime during the World War Hulk arc was meant to lead towards Future Imperfect where the nuclear war was a result of Hulk's takeover, the gamma radiation he had released was being absorbed back by him, still retaining Banner's intellect and ever increasing stats, the world was his to conquer. Sounds legit?

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Schwarz

@underdogsupporter: Well the future imperfect realm is coming in May 2015 so maybe your theory is what happened in an alternate universe after wwh and we will get to see something similar. Anyways i'm actually happy that there will be 2 hulk battleworlds. Planet Hulk and Future Imperfect. So there will be at least 2 interesting hulks to follow. Really looking forward to Meastro's realm though. Remember even though the whole event coming is a patchwork of alternate universe, there will only be that one universe left and that patchwork of a universe will be canon. So if in Meastro's world he kills all the heroes then he did ! Hope Marvel is really heading that way so us Hulk fans can finally see some ridiculous strength feats !

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I would write about The Hulk struggles, like not being able to type on a keyboard or use a smartphone without breaking it.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's my struggle everyday... :p

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@underdogsupporter: its a good guess but it's wrong. The original script for world war hulk had him getting the upper hand against odin force thor and one shoting sentry.

UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@underdogsupporter: your thoughts on what world war hulk was originally supposed to be. It always had roughly the same storyline, but characters were dealt with differently and he fought different people at different times than in the final version.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't, since I"m not a writer and don't pretend to be one and better than current writers! ;)

Champion99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would write about Hulk getting sent to an alt Earth. Taking on all kinds of different threats.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Greg Pak pretty much wrote the Hulk like I would have.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Green & Strong.

I like the Omega Hulk a lot.

bonifidehustla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bonifidehustla

Just dont disrespect him in a sh*tty way. I dont care if he lose fights as long as he goes down like the warrior he is. I dont mind the different personas unless they try to ruin the character. Then again he may be one of the hardest to write. I can't think of many characters with different personas its usually a different timeline.

myerlanski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With gamma force...which allows him to quantifiably travel and fight in attoseconds, fly,etc....gamma force...i ain't gotta explain nuffin lol....

canuckdad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Planet Hulk

Nuff Said

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So many ways to write the Hulk and so many ways that have been done before.

From a view like sliders Bruce can go see how many versions of himself are out in the universe to the simple and strong Hulk menace to the world wanting to be left alone saying "HULK SMASH" The question really is if you think about it. What is the most interesting thing about Bruce Banner and his Hulking alter ego?

Black Widow would say that no matter whom is before here they are both the same soul.

Bruce would say that Hulk is just the primal down to earth good in him that has just had enough and has the power to set things right.

Does it matter if we have a Hulk goes to mars instead of John Conner or we have a Hulk joins the Defenders I would make Hulk the hero not the Anti Hero , I would explore him and Black Widows relationship and I would put out a fresh story not one that has been seen in comics so nobody saying that is not how it was in the comic. No comic book lawyers screaming foul play.

I would write the hulk with a sense of justice and he would stand up to the bad guys and he would scream at the villains because he can and he would form alliances and when all was said and done he would stand before the world as Bruce Banner an they would know he was not the villain of the story.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk being a god buster for one thing, wwh came close to making Hulk a legit top tier like Thor is.

Maybe expand his power set more, using gamma radition as a projective force to create combustion attacks or wield fundamental natural force like Gravity and Space to keep him from losing to the cosmics with ease. The black magic angle needs to come back as well.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Bring back the World Breaker and put him into battle!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.