Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

GREEN HULK : Unreleased Posters of 'The Incredible Hulk' Film

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

Edited By RedHulk

While I love the film, I for one have never been satisfied with the final domestic poster for 'The Incredible Hulk'.  I can appreciate the concept of featuring the iconic image of Bruce Banner as the lonely man wandering the streets alone in the shadow of the lurking hulk, but the final poster design felt uninspired in trying to capture that emotional angle.  Maybe if the Hulk didn't have his back turned to Banner and rather hovered over him more menacingly, teeth clenched, fingers extended like the true monster Banner can't escape.... versus looking like muscled linebacker striking a pose, showing off his deltoids.  It's no wonder why they changed the artwork for the DVD release.  

Official Poster of The Incredible Hulk
    Official Poster of The Incredible Hulk

When these alternate, unreleased 'The Incredible Hulk' posters became public (which were in the running but fell short of becoming the official one-sheet ) many Hulk fans preferred these posters to the final poster.  

Unofficial Poster A
    Unofficial Poster A
    Unofficial Poster B
    Unofficial Poster B
    Unofficial Poster C
    Unofficial Poster C
    Unofficial Poster D
    Unofficial Poster D
    Unofficial Poster E
    Unofficial Poster E

Falling short of the success of Marvel's Iron Man released a month prior, could a better poster have swayed more of the undecided movie going public to buy a ticket for 'The Incredible Hulk'?  Maybe... but I doubt the impact would have been great enough to greenlight a sequel we so much desire. 

For the record, I prefer Poster 'B'. 

-A.J. 

A general falls. A red monster rises. Stay tuned.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.