Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

For anyone not caught up with the RED HULK...

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedHulk
    ... Comic Book Resources says it's the perfect time.

Not only did Comic Book Resources give the latest issue of Jeff Parker’s HULK a glowing review recently, but they also recommended HULK Issue # 47 as a great jumping on point! Here are the highlights:

“This book is consistently a treat. Jeff Parker not only delivers fun, adventure-filled stories with believable characters, but he finds a voice for every character and, every single time, it’s the right voice. The string of issues that Parker has delivered is the longest I’ve read any Hulk title. While Parker has been crafting a continuous story all the way through that run, he’s accomplished enough to make every issue a decent spot for newer readers. This issue is more than simply a decent entry point: it’s the best spot since “Hulk” #42. The story is just going to continue to ramp up from here, so you may as well give it a go right now”

Click on the link to read the entire review: http://www.comicbookresources.com/? page=user_review&id=4330

-AJ
    redhulkblog.com

-A.J.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Interesting review, since practically everyone else is in almost universal agreement in thinking "when is this gonna be wrapped up?" In other words, how long with Thunderbolt being a Hulk shtick will there be? I mean I LOVE this ongoing but even I at this point am asking that question now.

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RedHulk

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

Interesting review, since practically everyone else is in almost universal agreement in thinking "when is this gonna be wrapped up?" In other words, how long with Thunderbolt being a Hulk shtick will there be? I mean I LOVE this ongoing but even I at this point am asking that question now.

You love it yet you're wondering when it's going to be wrapped up? Everyone is in universal agreement? Shtick? Dude. Just be a hater. Don't pretend your something else and you know how everyone feels. If you are a fan, you would know Jeff Parker has received 2011 Best Writing recognition and tons of acclaim for his Red Hulk series this past year from the likes of Comic Book Resources, IGN, iFanboy and more. They are not wondering when it will end... they are recommending more readers to jump aboard. So whatever dude.
    Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Apologies dude, didn't mean to make it seem like it was a bad thing or anything or be disrespectful. Have nothing against Parker myself. Great writer and all that and his run on the Red Hulk series has been solid. I just meant that the overall theme behind Red Hulk is just starting to make me search for a justification for him anymore. I mean I think part of the appeal with him (at least for me, can't speak for anyone else really) is that up until issue #22 we didn't know just who he really was, and with him basically pulling off big feats (i.e. punching out The Watcher), it made for interesting reading. Now we know who he is. I mean yeah its good to see him in the Avengers and working under Cap doing missions and all. I guess I'm just being nitpicky or wanna see a BIG twist happen that will make me gawk in wonderment at the series again. Rest assured as a Hulk fan I have all of this series so far and will continue to get it. I just get easily frustrated and nitpicky sometimes. Just how I am I suppose heh.

RedHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RedHulk

Okay, thanks. Hey no hard feelings. 

There's a lot of people who hate the Red Hulk  I know a lot of the old-timer Banner Hulk fans that really do hate him.  On the otherhand, there's a lot of people who like the Red Hulk.. some people who never liked the Banner Hulk to begin with.  Heck that CBR Reviewer I referred to in the beginning said " The string of issues that Parker has delivered is the longest I’ve read any Hulk title ".  So there's both sides.  Just like I know some people I'm sure agree with you that it's losing justification.  And... I'm sure some people agree with me it's just the opposite.  I guess my point is I just have trouble with general sweeping statements... like everyone feels THIS way, not your way... rather than giving just an opinion.   But we're cool.  Thanks. 

To me at it's CORE, the Hulk is a monster tale. Banner is a non-imposing scientific man who struggles with the classic Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde treatment. Even while temporarily controlled (or currently separated) it's about the eventual uncontrollable raging monster within. Rulk on the other hand is the stubborn, brash, self-righteous arrogant ex-General who has all the military might he has ever dreamed of at his fingertips.. at a time where he has lost faith in the country and any respect for the chain of command he followed his entire adult life. He's just the same hard-assed, cold, pompous military genius who's now a one man army (who just executed an unsanctioned, personal war operation in the Middle East.)  
    So I love them both.  They are really enjoyably, quite different!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.