Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Did Thor ever defeated Hulk ?

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@krleavenger said:

In every Hulk vs Thor fight,Thor is holding back because he knows that his Full power would destroy the planet. Hulk always goes all out because he is a Savage beast who wants to smash (at least Green Skar is holding back),

This is literally wrong on several levels. Not only has Thor not held back against Hulk(in fact he himself states to not hold back against Hulk in at least 4 of their separate fights), Hulk also holds back himself either with Banner doing it subconsciously or just Hulk being a brute that usually shows pity towards his enemies.

You may be right but do you even know what Thor can do.He defeted Silver Surfer.When did Hulk defeted Silver Surfer.Hulk himself said that Mjolnir is unbeatable.

Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

Anyone read the first page? I miss when Comicvine was good.

We get scans, issue numbers, expert third part analysis, and healthy debate. I guarantee when I go to the last posts they're all "Thor" or "Hulk" with very little reason. (Posting this from Page 1).

EDIT: And... I was pretty much correct. Zero scans, zero issue numbers, nothing but opinions and questionable statements, since basically 1.5 years ago.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

@krleavenger said:

@avatar_of_green: You're right.

Hey, you're at least naming instances.

Thor has definitely beaten Hulk before, proven on page 1. I don't even know what people are arguing about anymore lol. Thor has the tools to beat Hulk and has done it before.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge said:
    @krleavenger said:

In every Hulk vs Thor fight,Thor is holding back because he knows that his Full power would destroy the planet. Hulk always goes all out because he is a Savage beast who wants to smash (at least Green Skar is holding back),

This is literally wrong on several levels. Not only has Thor not held back against Hulk(in fact he himself states to not hold back against Hulk in at least 4 of their separate fights), Hulk also holds back himself either with Banner doing it subconsciously or just Hulk being a brute that usually shows pity towards his enemies.

You may be right but do you even know what Thor can do.He defeted Silver Surfer.When did Hulk defeted Silver Surfer.Hulk himself said that Mjolnir is unbeatable.

Yes i know what Thor can do. So? Hulk beat Onslaught and Thor together with every other hero on Earth couldn't beat the physical form of Onslaught, what kind of logic is that? Are you literally trying to use ABC logic? Hulk didn't say that Mljonir is unbeatable, Mljonir is just a weapon how is it by itself unbeatable? Do you want me to cite to you those 4 instances where Thor himself says he doesn't hold back against Hulk, even saying he will kill Hulk? Because i will if you wont and in none of those instances did he managed to beat, let alone kill Hulk.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Man,I can have an argument about Hulk vs Thor all day and it will not make any difference. I can talk about that Onslaught thing also but really,these guys were created in the 60s and at that time they started with who would win,who is stronger more powerful and argument is still going on. Eve. If every Marvel writer,Editor and artist would come all together to make one final Hulk vs Thor story to say who is stronger,people would still talk about it and it will never stop. What I wanted to say is,you think Hulk is stronger and I think Thor is stronger. We can talk about it over and over again but the talk still goes on from 60s. I know you can give me reasons why Hulk is stronger but I can answer anything you say and you can answer to me again and we can do it over and over again. Let's just say we have different opinions and have fun :)

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I am not here to have an argument about that, Hulk and Thor has always been a 50/50 thing, with the slight edge going to Hulk in modern times, especially since recently Hulk one shot Thor. But i just wanted to clear some misconceptions because Thor does not hold back against Hulk. He brawls with Hulk instead of using some of his more fancy powers but that's what he does against every other brawler it's in his character. So again whoever you favor in the fight is up to you, i don't care about that it's your right to have that opinion. My problem was when you said Thor holds back against Hulk which is untrue

Those are 4 different fights, read the narration and Thors words in every single one of them, he literally states he wont hold back and even says he will fight him to the death, shouting "KILL YOU" and "NOW YOU DIE", but none of those fights obviously ended in Hulks death. The first one was a tie with both Thor and Hulk knocking each other out at 2 different points in the fight, the second never ended(since Strange BFR Hulk) but everything Thor threw at Hulk was meaningless but Thor claimed Hulk would have killed him if he hit him with the adamantium statue, the third one also never ended since Hulk BFR Thor before a nuke hit them and the 4th one also ended in another BFR but this time from Thor since he could not finish off Hulk and was on a losing end the only thing he could do is BFR him seconds before he collapsed into unconsciousness.

And as for Hulk not holding back because he is a Savage beast, that's wrong as well.

No Caption Provided

Banner is there to hold him back, otherwise if he didn't Hulk would easily wreck the entire planet and kill/smash everyone in his path.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: When I said Thor was holding back,I did not ment he is going easy on Hulk,I ment Thor never uses his godlike powers like cosmic energy projection,Electro-Magnetic Spectrum Manipulation, energy manipulation and control and force field creation (powerful enough to take blasts from solar busters).

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: That's because he uses those powers once every decade, they take too long to charge which leaves him vulnerable and if they miss or fail he is left exhausted and because in his nature he is a brawler. You can't change Thors own character/personality. He fights the way he wants, who he wants.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Yeah I know. He uses the, only in the battle with God-Like level beings like Ymir, Surtur and the Celestials.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Avatar_of_Green

There is no clear winner here IMO. Thor has definitely "defeated" Hulk by forum rules before though. Hulk has "defeated" Thor too though. Hulk will never kill Thor and Thor will never kill Hulk. Theyre both heroes.

Its impossible to prove a subjective opinion "wrong". So it all comes down to the writer of their fight.

That being said, we have to use those opinions to make a judgment on a winner. I have had people change their opinion based upon my arguments as well.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By KrleAvenger
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: Yes with characters he can't brawl with since they are at least the size of skyscrapers if not more in many cases, if he tried the same against someone like Hulk, he'd get blitzed before he pulled of anything.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Defeat him? He almost killed Hulk once...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@krleavenger: I deleted them since you seemed to have a problem friend.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By KrleAvenger
    Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
    linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 thedailybagel  Moderator

@heatblaze123: when? If your talking about the flashback where thor hits him and Baldur says something like "you almost killed him" that isn't canon.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By w0nd

which issue, i love to see more stuff like this

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Heatblaze

@w0nd said:
    @heatblaze123 said:

It was a flashback in Breaking Into Comics the Marvel Way# 2

@thedailybagel said:

@heatblaze123: when? If your talking about the flashback where thor hits him and Baldur says something like "you almost killed him" that isn't canon.

Why?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 thedailybagel  Moderator

@heatblaze123: it's from breaking into comics the marvel way. It just features a bunch of short stories meant purely for the purpose of letting new artists show what they can do, with stories written by professional writers like hickman and PAD so they have allot to work with. There's no mention nor reason of them being canon and lots of them actually contradict contiuniity such as stories taking place in the armour wars or Thor's own story stopping him from using mjolnir for a year.

Besides, even if it was canon, anyone who takes that instance seriously is an idiot. Neither hulk nor thor can almost kill the other with a single hit, much less just because they got a bit carried away.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatblaze123: it's from breaking into comics the marvel way. It just features a bunch of short stories meant purely for the purpose of letting new artists show what they can do, with stories written by professional writers like hickman and PAD so they have allot to work with.

That doesn't necessarily negate the story from being canon.

There's no mention nor reason of them being canon and lots of them actually contradict continuity such as stories taking place in the armour wars or Thor's own story stopping him from using mjolnir for a year.

Well the first issue is an aftermath story of Armour Wars. Also Thor's story is a flashback.

Besides, even if it was canon, anyone who takes that instance seriously is an idiot. Neither hulk nor thor can almost kill the other with a single hit, much less just because they got a bit carried away.

Ok, but chill.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Thor never goes all out against Hulk.

This is a very close fight, but one that Thor should take the majority.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has gone all out against Hulk in at least 4 different occasion according to Thor himself. The majority of this fight goes to Hulk as the comics have shown in more recent years.

@w0nd said:
    @heatblaze123 said:

Non-canon and from the color of characters that looks more like Red Hulk then the actual Hulk.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor has gone all out against Hulk in at least 4 different occasion according to Thor himself. The majority of this fight goes to Hulk as the comics have shown in more recent years.

Non-canon and from the color of characters that looks more like Red Hulk then the actual Hulk.

Pretty sure it is canon. And the entire scan was saturated so how can you tell?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@atheistknowledge: Kevin Grievoux confirmed that the red colouring on Hulk was an error and that it was meant to be the regular green Hulk instead. Having said that, it is almost assuredly non canon due to where the short story was published and Grievoux has a biased opinion of Thor being stronger than Hulk so his objectivity on the outcome is clearly questionable.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Heatblaze
    wkoziol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uhh.....I would really like to know what's the difference between stronger and powerful when both words mean the same thing. Here, let me help you...

strong - having the power to move heavy weights or perform other physically demanding tasks:

Powerful - having great power or strength

So where I come from that did not make any sense at all. Just to let you know there are words out there that can share the same definition.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: I never said it takes him a decade to charge those powers i said he uses them every decade or so, in fact ever since 2007 all he does is brawl. He tried to kill Hulk on at least 2 different occasions and he went all out on him on 4. There is absolutely no way for someone like Hercules to kill Thor, Hercules is beneath Hulk in every respect strength, durability, healing factor, etc... Hercules even admitted that if Hulk wanted he could kill him, but Hercules can't amp his strength the way Hulk has and he can't beat him, Thor can kill Hulk though in very specific circumstances but even he has no way to amp himself to match Hulks increasing strength, the only way either him or Hercules can do that is with outside amps.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Hercules' physical strength exceeds Zeus' strength, Hulk has never, and will never match Hercules' strength. He is the actual God of strength (Thor is as well). No matter how much Hulk amps himself Hercules and Thor are always able to handle him whether its hand to hand or using their other abilities. Hercules' doesn't have the quick type healing factor Hulk has but his durability as well as Thor's durability far exceed Hulks.. it's why Hercules is able to handle punches from Zeus while Hulk bleeds for days from Zeus' punches. Hulk's healing factor combined with his durability isn't enough to bring his durability up to Hercules' levels.

Hercules strength exceeding Zeus has nothing to do with Hulk who exceeds the strength of every single Marvel hero

No Caption Provided

I dunno if you are new to the comics but it's a wide known fact that Hulk is physically stronger then either Hercules or Thor, you can even ask Hercules and Thor experts/fans about this, they will say the same thing. Neither Hercules nor Thors durability exceeds Hulk, especially when it comes to blunt type of damage and even energy projections, Hulk with his healing factor has shown to be able to handle and power through things neither of them could. Zeus never punched Hercuels the way he did Hulk, he used his magic to take away Hulks healing factor and mess up with his durability and yet still Hulk survived if Hercules or Thor where puking so much blood and took that much damage they would have died from it. Hulk himself has turned Hercules and Thors face into a bloody mess in 3 hits.

If you want we can have a debate i will make a thread you bring up feats for Hercules and i will bring up feats for Hulk so i can complete crush this one-sided argument.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: Yes it literally includes guys like Thor and Hercules, seeing as they are Earths heroes as well. Again i dunno if you are new to the comics but it is well established that Hulk is Marvels poster boy for physical strength as he has the best feats of physical strength out there like holding the weight of a star, repelling Exitar who was several times larger then Earth, pulling a planet 1/3 times bigger then Earth back together while weakened, overpowering a force capable of changing a planets orbit, etc... Hercules himself has admitted Hulk could have killed him in WWH if he wanted to, Thor as well as admitted that Hulk is probably stronger then him(and this was before Hulk even got the permanent strength amp).

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Again I am not sure how you can say he has the best physical strength feats- what do you say about the Midgard Serpent feat and Hercules lifting up the heavens? I'm not sure why you bring up world war Hulk "Hercules was forced to defend himself, and gained the advantage against the Hulk, but was beaten down after he stopped fighting and defending himself against the Hulk to prove that he was not there to hurt him"

Hercules went toe to toe with WWH.

The midgard serpent feat has been debunked http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/discuss-and-debunk-a-feat-with-a-viner-721916/?page=8 and it's still not a feat that surpasses several other Hulk feats and Hercules lifting the heavens is an ambiguous and unquantifiable feat, especially for a guy who struggled just to hold Manhattan together. I bring up WWH because Hercules himself admitted Hulk could have killed him if he wanted to. Hercules never gained the advantage over Hulk he hit him once while Hulk was distracted which didn't do anything much and him not wanting to fight does not lower his durability, this does not take away from the fact that with 3 hits a holding back WWH managed to turn Hercules face in a bloody mess where he had trouble just talking.

Hercules never went toe to toe with WWH.

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@atheistknowledge: Hercules was the one holding back.. and yes Hercules became bloody after he stood there and let Hulk hit him with his best shots.. the story made this clear.. where did they mention that WWH was holding back when he hit Herc..? Reason Herc said that is because Hulk could have continued bashing him but after he saw that Herc wasn't trying to harm him- he stopped hitting him. That wasn't an indication that Hulk would beat Herc when both are actively fighting each other

Again you can't hold back durability and here is Hercules admitting Hulk held back and could have cracked his skull if he wanted to

No Caption Provided

as well as Hulk admitting he held back during the entire war

The narration that you are trying to push is flat out false and debunked by the comic itself.

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By destinyman75

Thor is more powerful and at base levels stronger but hulk gets stronger and heals better bottom line there will never be a true winner because these are the top dogs in marvel

AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I think it's time to finally put something to rest.

Hulk is stronger than Thor. Thor has more powers/abilities than Hulk (mostly due to Mjolnir). But when it comes to who is more powerful, I see them as equally powerful beings in their own rights. They're equals in might. Can't we all just accept that fact and move on?

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By destinyman75

@atheistknowledge: starting strength is base like when hulk fishing walking down the street whistling his fav rolling stones (sympathy for then devil) tune etc he isnt angry all the time lol

Erkan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.