Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Deleted Scene from 'The Avengers' With Banner Debating Whether or Not to Smash

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

I would imagine pretty much everyone has seen The Avengers by now. If not, good news because the movie will be release on Blu-ray and DVD on September 25.

Besides the movie, you know there's going to be deleted scenes and all that sort of stuff. One such deleted scene has made its way online and features Mark Ruffalo moments after his big crash.

At first, it doesn't seem like much of a deleted scene. Some might say it was deleted for a reason. But what's important here is we see the deliberation in what direction he's going to go with Hulk. Banner wasn't crazy about Hulking out. He didn't want to be with the others and, in typical Hulk fashion, wanted to be left alone.

In the movie, suddenly Banner shows up, just in time to join the big battle. Here we get more of an idea what went down before he arrived. It's little details like this that I find fascinating.

Source: EW, Collider

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I hope the DVD lets you watch the movie with all the deleted scenes in place. Assuming they were all finished. I'd love to rewatch the movie with all of the deleted scenes in there.

JohnnyWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JohnnyWalker

please dont change him in avengers 2 and make his own solo movie.

ms__omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ms__omega

They should have left this in the movie would have made more sense than him showing up outta the blue like he did.

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Chaos Burn

stick all the scenes in! i want my avengers movie to be over a day in length!

MrArrogant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5  Edited By MrArrogant

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I hope the DVD lets you watch the movie with all the deleted scenes in place. Assuming they were all finished. I'd love to rewatch the movie with all of the deleted scenes in there.

Link1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Link1987

I'm glad they took this out, Watching this felt like the part in Spider-man 3 when the butler came in and told Harry to back off

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By clemj

he made a reference to ant-man!

Jodez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jodez

Can't wait for the Blu Ray!!

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Om1kron

@MrArrogant said:

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

just quoting this again. directors cut or I'm not buying it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I would love for that to happen. Just like the Lord of the Rings trilogy with its extended edition DVD.

Ganthetsward20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By Ganthetsward20

I sorta felt like there were a lot of moments through out the entire movie that like this were skipped because of time constraints. Anyone else agree? Still an awesome movie.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By SevanGrim

EPIC!

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Webjaker

Awesome scene. Can not wait until Extended edition!!

kingdomenic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By kingdomenic

Mark Ruffalo really should get his own Hulk movie. The best Banner and Hulk yet.

Avatar image for mercwithamouth2385
    MercWithaMouth2385

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clemj said:

I caught that too.... "Are you a big guy that gets real little?"

Avatar image for crazyflashfan11
    crazyflashfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By crazyflashfan11

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

I second that.

GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#17  Edited By GR2Blackout

@Mr. Kamikaze said:

This

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cap10nate

@clemj said:

I think it was just a coincidence. He wanted to know if Banner was a man who turned into a monster or a monster who turns into a man. I don't think it is any reference to Ant man at all just because he says 'gets real little.' You could say he was referencing Giant Man then by saying 'gets really big.'

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Awesome :D

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GrimoireMyst

Absolutely about the director's cut with all scenes added. A must own for sure.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DEGRAAF

@clemj: how did he make an Ant Man reference?

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Decept-O

Needless to say I will be buying the DVD when it drops.

Utandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Utandi

Can't wait to see "The Avengers". Sadly I didn't saw it in the movies.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Video_Martian

Ant-Man...

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By agent9149

@Chaos Burn said:

stick all the scenes in! i want my avengers movie to be over a day in length!

As barbaric as that sounds......my body is ready for that

Avatar image for artisticneedham
    ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

I want a DVD that shows both the edited version with the scenes separate and a movie with all the scenes added in so that i could choose and see the difference. Compare and contrast.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Or35ti

I can't wait to watch the Director's Cut of this movie!

Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Icon

I can see why that was deleted.

Fantasgasmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Fantasgasmic
    To Smash, or not to Smash: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the split mind to suffer The solitude and anger of outrageous Hulking, Or to take arms against a sea of Aliens, And by opposing end them? To smash: to calm; No more; and by a calm to say we end The anger and the thousand gamma-radiated shocks Green flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wish'd. To rage, to smash; To smash: perchance to get madder: ay, there's the rub; For in that anger of Hulk what strength may come When we have shuffled off this puny Banner, Must give us pause: there's the respect That makes calamity of so strong life; For who would bear the bullets and missiles of the Army, Loki's wrong, Iron Man's contumely, The pangs of Betty's love, SHIELD's delay, The insolence of General Ross and the spurns That patient merit of Agent Coulson takes, When he himself might his anger make With purple pants? who would fardels bear, To grunt and sweat under a lonely life, But that the dread of something after rage, The undiscover'd calmness from whose bourn No traveller returns, puzzles the mind And makes us rather bear those doubts we have Than fly to others that we know not of? Thus conscience does make cowards of us all; And thus the radioactive green hue of resolution Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of puny Banner, And enterprises of great pith and moment With this regard their currents turn awry, And lose the name of action."
    BritishMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BritishMonkey

@Fantasgasmic: Well done. You did exactly what I was thinking.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darn it...deleted. Should have seen it earlier :/

SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#32  Edited By SpidermanWins

@Fantasgasmic said:

To Smash, or not to Smash: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the split mind to suffer The solitude and anger of outrageous Hulking, Or to take arms against a sea of Aliens, And by opposing end them? To smash: to calm; No more; and by a calm to say we end The anger and the thousand gamma-radiated shocks Green flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation Devoutly to be wish'd. To rage, to smash; To smash: perchance to get madder: ay, there's the rub; For in that anger of Hulk what strength may come When we have shuffled off this puny Banner, Must give us pause: there's the respect That makes calamity of so strong life; For who would bear the bullets and missiles of the Army, Loki's wrong, Iron Man's contumely, The pangs of Betty's love, SHIELD's delay, The insolence of General Ross and the spurns That patient merit of Agent Coulson takes, When he himself might his anger make With purple pants? who would fardels bear, To grunt and sweat under a lonely life, But that the dread of something after rage, The undiscover'd calmness from whose bourn No traveller returns, puzzles the mind And makes us rather bear those doubts we have Than fly to others that we know not of? Thus conscience does make cowards of us all; And thus the radioactive green hue of resolution Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of puny Banner, And enterprises of great pith and moment With this regard their currents turn awry, And lose the name of action."

O.O.... dude, you are a warrior poet

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@Fantasgasmic said:

The She-Hulk in me loves you dearly for this.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By butters911

Aww the videos been taken off. I didnt get to see it

Avatar image for bluelantern1995
    BlueLantern1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#35  Edited By BlueLantern1995

@butters911 said:

xanthiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xanthiss

Great movie!

kartron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 38

#37  Edited By kartron

oops@butters911 said:

:(

Supes1903

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Supes1903

@Fantasgasmic said:

You sir, have won the internets for the day.

fluffypigeons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By fluffypigeons

it dose not work

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@fluffypigeons:

It was probably pulled because of copyright.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Fantasgasmic said:

Damn, this is so good it needs to be on the DVD too

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By growup

Is there going to be a directors cut?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.