Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7771 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Creative Director at Marvel has huge respect for Meastro

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Schwarz

Meanwhile, Bill Rosemann told THR that the Maestro's inclusion in "Contest of Champions" was the perfect answer to the question of finding "a character who could trump the Collector and go toe-to-toe and perhaps even defeat Thanos himself."

Even though it is for the mobile game I think it still shows Marvel are starting to have great respect for Hulk fans... or at least they realised they were losing the fanbase in the last years due to a subpar Hulk that didn't stand up to his former glory and strength As he should have.

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

INB4 some people come and whine how it's disrespectful for Thanos... bleh... this Maestro can indeed beat Thanos.

No Caption Provided

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I will start to believe Marvel has respect for the Hulk again when we see some proper Hulk action and feats in his own comic!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

It's not a writer or executive editor/manager at Marvel so the respect is completely invalid. Feats>opinions always and no incarnation of Hulk has better feats than Thanos. So it doesn't count at all since I doubt the Thanos connection will even be referenced in the game itself.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

I honestly can't believe anyone can say that Thanos has more/better feats than any incarnation of the Hulk when it's illogical and very much false.

Just as @atheistknowledge stated, Maestro (and in my opinion other powerful incarnations of Hulk) can defeat Thanos. I wouldn't be surprised if the Maestro of the comics is destined to become the next massive, multiversal villainous threat akin to the game. Everything happens for a reason. And quite honestly, we need more villains who are just as, if not more, powerful, cunning, intelligent and dangerous as the Mad Titan. And the Maestro definitely fits the bill.

Show Thanos doing any of these things without the aid of some powerful artifact, without amping himself from an outside powersource that isn't his own, without the aid of tech or something else and I might feel obliged to agree that Thanos has more & better feats than the Hulk.

Show me where and when Thanos has destroyed a planet more than once with while in lesser or weakened form or without touching it (been there, smashed that).

Show me where and when Thanos has resisted and overcome enough force to change the orbit of a planet (Hulk's done it twice).

Show me where and when Thanos resisted and held up the weight equal to that of a supernova star.

Show me where and when Thanos punched through and shattered reality/time more than once (I know Hulk's done it thrice).

Show me where and when Thanos has overcome and destroyed a machine capable of battling the Celestials themselves.

Show me when and where the omnipotent Beyonder stated that Thanos power was infinite.

Show me where and when Thanos has overcome a demon lord in their realm and resumed to destroy their entire dimension.

Show me where and when Thanos has destroyed an entire universe.

green_skaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By green_skaar
    @atheistknowledge said:

Totally called it, a whiner appeared.

Exactly, by a self proclaimed "Hulk fan" none the less...

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@green_skaar: What are you talking about man... i am a Superman, Thor, WW, GL, SS, Flash, Batman, Wolverine, Spiderman, etc... fan. Everyone who is even remotely mainstream i am a fan of them.. Iron Man happens to be my #451 favorite superhero i value him a lot obviously.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

After all any regular human given the proper upgrades/weapons/powers can defeat almost any entity out there. So why it's implausible that Maestro a stronger version of Hulk with genius level and many weapons/trophies he picked up and upgraded from others can't defeat someone like Thanos is beyond me... But nope, Hulk fans can't have any fun, Thor and Superman can get upgrades shoved up their asses constantly to the point where they can beat beings like Galactus or change reality itself, but not Hulk... meh. How some people get so much respect on this site is a real puzzle...

Preach it, dude! My thoughts exactly.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good.

Beata

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think if the Marvel Creative Director is making noises like this its gotta be good. My earlier comment was frustration at the state of Hulk comics right now and impatience at seeing Maestro and others do their stuff. Anyway I don't want to be a whiny whiner on here, cant wait for Future Imperfect this summer and yep don't underestimate the Maestro!!

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL...these comments...

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thedailybagel  Moderator

@greenscar1990:

Thanos broke a planet just by grappling with classic drax (who has ripped apart stars). It's worth noting that this was prior to him getting several power upgrades.

He laughed off everything silver surfer had. The same guy who blew up a planet just to prove a point.

He's manhandled someone like beta Ray Bill in a few hits, Thor's physical equal, and as I already stated was slightly superior in a grapple to classic drax who has ripped apart stars with his bare hands.

The rest are kinda nit-picky seeing as they're purely circumstantial and you can't really go "hey! Here's thanos accomplishing that exact same incredibly circumstantial feat that hulk did!". It doesn't work like that.

Fact is, thanos has always been potrayed as someone above hulk, thor and Supermans level. He consistently tears apart teams of guys who could beat hulk by themselves (like silver sirfer or beta Ray bill).

I'm not saying that hulk shouldn't ever be able to beat someone like thanos. Under certain circumstances, sure, maybe world breaker hulk or maestro could take it to the mad titan. But sadly they don't have the feats to accomplish that yet. That doesn't mean they'll never be able to do it, only that with what feats they have they can't beat thanos at this point in time.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Schwarz

@Lvenger I just think it is great that even if it is only the opinion of a marvel director that the director in question thinks that Maestro is as powerful as Thanos or even stronger. It is also the creative director at marvel wich says a lot :) I will take the opinion of a marvel director before the opinion of random kids on a comic books forum ANY day.

BTW Bill is a director at marvel :)

There is also this right from the marvel website

“We needed that kind of escalation when it comes to the big bosses,” shares Sam Humphries, writer of “Contest of Champions” as well as the upcoming STAR-LORD & KITTY PRYDE. “Oh, you think Kang is tough? Well, here’s Thanos for you. Thanos is pretty epic, but how about the evil, deranged Hulk from Future Imperfect?

“There’s a curveball element to it as well; the Maestro is not usually grouped with cosmic heavy hitters. We think he’s got that epic potential to him—oh and also he’s a bad ass.”

Seems like Hulk fans weren't all that wrong when overestimating the hulk as shown by a lot of people at marvel aggreeing that Hulk/maestro has can hold his own when it comes to thanos or cosmic level strength :)))

Though it is only the opinion as of right now of high ups at marvel, it still shows that marvel has the same opinion of hulk as most hulk lovers do :)

I'm pretty sure Maestro Hulk will become one of Marvel's toughest villains yet to come :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@schwarz: If you're willing to accept opinions before evidence and biased comments before feats, then you're making yourself into a bigger fool than you already are showing yourself to be.

Tell you what, why don't I make a battle thread of Thanos vs Maestro and see who people think wins? You Hulk fanboys always hide behind the veil of opinion and bias to support your exaggerated opinions. But you can't prove yourselves in a proper debate can you?

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thedailybagel  Moderator

@lvenger: to be fair I think most of the people here are referring to the potential of maestro being shown to be on the level of thanos, seeing as a ton of marvel editors are talking about him on that level.

Although i agree that he isn't even close going by his current feats.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Schwarz

@lvenger: aren't you the guy that was trash talking the current Hulk run on a Hulk review to find out after a few posts that you hadn't read them ? LOL.

There can't really be no battle yet kiddo Maestro has not much feats. Gettout a here or at least read a bit of Hulk comics.

So far all we have is what some directors at marvel says and that is Maestro being on par with thanos end of the line.

I don't think anyone here thinks i'm looking like a fool. We hulk fans have said that Hulk has so much potential up to incredible strength such as thanos and cosmic level. Seems like marvel has the same opinion ;) Then again opinions are not feats but it still shows that marvel thinks just like hulk fans think that Hulk can be all the way up there. Once again i'd rather go with marvel's opinion them some random hater kiddo on a forum. I've seen you hate on hulk and post garbage here and there so don't start talkimg about biased opinions. anyways stick with the facts. Marvel as of right now puts maestro at thanos' s level in their minds. We'll just have to see the upcoming comics to make it officiaL or see if they are going to go that route. Good byE salty hater.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bezza

@lvenger said:

@schwarz: If you're willing to accept opinions before evidence and biased comments before feats, then you're making yourself into a bigger fool than you already are showing yourself to be.

Tell you what, why don't I make a battle thread of Thanos vs Maestro and see who people think wins? You Hulk fanboys always hide behind the veil of opinion and bias to support your exaggerated opinions. But you can't prove yourselves in a proper debate can you?

Sometimes I am not sure if you have a death wish when it comes to the Hulk forum with comments like this, or just love confrontation!

I think this is all escalating way out of hand. All that's been said is that the Creative Director of Marvel thinks the Maestro has the potential to be in there with the cosmic big hitters and could go toe to toe with Thanos. Whether he really believes this or has just said these things to build up interest and discussion ahead of the Secret Wars stories, who knows. I don't see why someone as powerful intelligent and cunning couldn't mix it with Thanos; feats wise, I agree with @thedailybagel

No Caption Provided

Future Imperfect is an epic book, I love the trophy room !!

Thor, Silver Surfer, Magneto, Nova, all killed by Maestro...oh and isn't there Kandor, Superman's cape and a Green Lantern battery in there too? I'd say this bad ass Hulk is certainly a force to be reckoned with!

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Schwarz

I'm just a bit tired of Lvenger Hating. I don't go on other character's forums trash talking about them because I don't like them. I'm not sure why you come on the Hulk forum hate the fans, calling them fanboys lowballing hulk every chance you get. You even go on Hulk comic books reviews that you didn't read to trash talk. You come here talking about feats and probably didn't read the title at all or none of the other posts for that matter. No one said anything about feats all the thread says is that some directors at marvel in their opinion have Hulk/Maestro at thanos and cosmic levels. End of story.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Schwarz
    No Caption Provided

By the way Bezza in spider-man 2099 #10 we once again see a glorious treasure room ;)

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@schwarz:

I just love that trophy room, the original by George Perez is awesome too....so funny that there is the Green Lantern battery and Superman stuff in there! Perhaps that's what winds up some Superman fans! As for Maestro lacking feats, sure he hasn't fought anyone in the Thanos class, but this is the guy who broke Hulk's neck in Future Imperfect and then beat him half to death with only 3 or 4 blows, he killed Thor and the Surfer and the only people able to do that are in the cosmic powerhouse class...so fully kitted out as @atheistknowledge says, he has the potential to be a threat to even someone like Thanos.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Schwarz

well as on panel feats he doesn't have much but his current feats are defeating AND killing a LOT of powerful characters in the MU as shown in the trophy rooms and on the last one I posted it is not only the trophy room but on panel it says he defeated them so there's no doubts anymore that he did. Back then people would say that he might have only collected the items but this time around it is really said that he defeated them. So when directors and writters at Marvel say that Maestro has a potential to rival Thanos and cosmic beings, I really don't doubt them ;)

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Schwarz

Well this is not only a mobile game anymore. It is going to be a canon comic :) They even call the Maestro, The Cosmic Maestro. There is no doubt anymore as to the power of Maestro. All that is left is to see it on panel and it's a wrap !

http://marvel.com/news/comics/24796/contest_of_champions_welcomes_all-new_all-different_competition

mace1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Normal maestro does not infinite power.Just because someone has one or few things that are limitless does not mean they have limitless power.

The are others at marvel with limitless strength too.There are others that have limitless strength and stamina By the way,hulk or maestro does not have limitless stamina.

Anyway maestro is not omnipotent and not even nigh omnipotent,of course current cosmic maestro is now nigh omnipotent because he has more power that is not his in the new issue of contest of champions.

Schwarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Schwarz

Don't think anybody said he was omnipotent or went overboard. The OP which is myself just stated that Marvel had respect for Maestro and that he was pretty powerful...anyways you kind of necroed a 8 months old post that was done before the Contest of Champions book series.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The necro... is REAL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.