Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7765 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

ComicVine Battles

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85

Is it just me or is the general oppinion on the Hulk's capabilities in this community just really low when he's faced off against someone else?

I mean, the big green guy's pulled off some amazing stuff during his time, lifting moutains, keeping techtonic plates together, beating up 90% of Marvel's heroes...but atm it seems he's doomed (while he has a friend to help out) to fall to people like Donna Troy and Starfire, and in another one a team consisting of Miss Matian, Superboy, Kid Flash and Raven, either simply because they are faster than him, stronger or can mess with his mind.  
    Which i think is kinda strange, dont get me wrong I do happen to like the people i mentioned above,but given past events I really cant see how they are supposed to win against him. 

So am I alone with this that Hulk generally has the short end of the stick when it comes to Battles?

Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Band Lone

Yeah, Supermn has done amazing things in the past before too, pulling a whole galaxy with a chain and whatnot.. Still hes been beaten by a guy in a Bat costume

They use powerful characters or famous characters to push others

Deadpool has faced off against the greatest of the greatest in Marvel and he was at the peak of his glory! Movies about him and all that, yet here comes a new Wolverine wannabe and beats him... What did they do there? They used Deadpool's sudden rise to fame to push Daken.

Same thing with that douche Sentry..WW Hulk, Hulk at his best and here comes Britney on steroids with the balls to say hes so strong he can go toe to toe against him. They used Hulk to push him.. 

It's pure business

Just like Brand new Day.. They didn't know what to do with Spider-man revealing his identity so they decided to make Peter a satanist, making deals with the devil and whatnot. Now he is back to original Spider-man,single and ready to mingle so he can be related to the kids..

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

The Hulk is the standard for strength in the Marvel Universe and his actual feats and fighting record in comics are so impressive it's hard to feel sorry for him in these opinionated battle threads.
    LastSonBackUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By LastSonBackUp
    @Outside_85 said:
    " Is it just me or is the general oppinion on the Hulk's capabilities in this community just really low when he's faced off against someone else?   
     I agree. As a fan of Hulk, I do feel his capabilities are a bit underestimated in debates. Primarily what I see argued are his strength feats.

@Band Lone said:
    " Yeah, Supermn has done amazing things in the past before too, pulling a whole galaxy with a chain and whatnot.. Still hes been beaten by a guy in a Bat costume

If you have read that comic, Batman never beat him. Punching him doesn't mean he beat him.
    Band Lone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Band Lone
    @LastSonBackUp said:
    " @Outside_85 said:
    " Is it just me or is the general oppinion on the Hulk's capabilities in this community just really low when he's faced off against someone else?   
     I agree. As a fan of Hulk, I do feel his capabilities are a bit underestimated in debates. Primarily what I see argued are his strength feats.

@Band Lone said:
    " Yeah, Supermn has done amazing things in the past before too, pulling a whole galaxy with a chain and whatnot.. Still hes been beaten by a guy in a Bat costume

If you have read that comic, Batman never beat him. Punching him doesn't mean he beat him. "
    It's symbolic ;)
    TheRegalBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheRegalBeast
    @Outside_85 said:
    " Is it just me or is the general oppinion on the Hulk's capabilities in this community just really low when he's faced off against someone else? I mean, the big green guy's pulled off some amazing stuff during his time, lifting moutains, keeping techtonic plates together, beating up 90% of Marvel's heroes...but atm it seems he's doomed (while he has a friend to help out) to fall to people like Donna Troy and Starfire, and in another one a team consisting of Miss Matian, Superboy, Kid Flash and Raven, either simply because they are faster than him, stronger or can mess with his mind.  Which i think is kinda strange, dont get me wrong I do happen to like the people i mentioned above,but given past events I really cant see how they are supposed to win against him.  So am I alone with this that Hulk generally has the short end of the stick when it comes to Battles? "
    Well Said.  

In my short experience here on CV Ive noticed that speed is top commodity too.  While I agree speed is a major factor, here it seems like carries a little too much weight.  I mean if you were to take boxing for example, and you had two quality boxers and one went up a weight classes, while the lighter guy maybe faster 9/10 he gets stomped by the stronger guy.  That's the whole purpose of weight classes.  I guess I'm falling victim to a apple to oranges/real vs fantasy argument.  (Granted boxing is pretty fake nowadays)  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.