Follow

Hulk

Character » Hulk appears in 7769 issues.

After being bombarded with a massive dose of gamma radiation while saving a young man's life during an experimental bomb testing, Dr. Robert Bruce Banner was transformed into the Incredible Hulk: a green behemoth who is the living personification of rage and pure physical strength.

Banner's new suit.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

#1  Edited By Teerack

So what do you guys think of the Armor Hulk wears now?

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

I think it looks cool and it makes a lot of sense. It be silly for one of the smartest men in the world to not be able to come up with a smart way to not be naked after every transformation especially now that he has a lot of resources. It's also not pointless it's true Hulk is really strong is durable and could do just fine shirtless, but then again so could Thor and he's always worn Armor.

It also looks really high tech so I think it's safe to assume Banner built in some really cool stuff we haven't seen yet, because I doubt with the current direction in Hulk, Bruce would rely solely on the Hulk.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Well it was about time!

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Veshark

I remember many being cheesed off when the Marvel NOW teaser had Hulk wearing armor. I'll admit I was one of them, mostly because I didn't get why someone like Hulk would need armor. Also I thought it kind of crowded his iconic green skin.

That being said, after reading Avengers - where the armor sort of expands to fit his Hulk form - I'm warming up to it. It looks better to me now; and I don't mind it if it's just a temporary look.

But is it just so he isn't nude with every transformation? Or is there a purpose to the armor? Or is it just regular armor for additional protection?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I really like it, it looks good and I'm hoping it'll have some stuff built in to help when brute strength isn't enough.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Teerack

@Veshark: Well we haven't learned a lot about it yet, but I'd assume it has some kind of purpose. I think Bruce said the suit helps protect against extreme pressure like in deep water. So I'm assuming it adds extra protection but is probably mostly for Banner's sake. And in issue three when he went under cover he just wore the shorts part of the suit.

No Caption Provided

So I'm sure he will take off parts of the armor at various times for what ever reason.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JonSmith

@Veshark said:

But is it just so he isn't nude with every transformation? Or is there a purpose to the armor? Or is it just regular armor for additional protection?

While finding the Hulk is never a problem if he wants to be found, it probably has a tracker in it to make it easier for SHIELD to find and pick up Banner post-mission, probably also letting him know when he's transformed back so they don't run into Big Green while he's still angry. Knowing Banner, he's probably got his lab rigged to blow and his armor with a detonator in it. That way, if SHIELD double crosses him, or if his lab is taken over by an enemy, even if Banner has to Hulk out, he'll still be able to blow it when he transforms back. Or he can blow it while he's still inside, with the armor protecting him mid transformation.

... Granted, that's all pure speculation. But it's all I can think of off the top of my head.

On topic: The armor is awesome.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By DH69

like most of the suit changes that have been introduced in the new 52 and marvel now, i have my likes and dislikes, this is one of the dislikes...why does the hulk need armor?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Teerack

@DH69: Why does Thor and Superman need armor? :V

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Veshark

Hmm, cool enough. I'd like if he took off parts of the armor for certain missions - just for some added variety.

On an unrelated note (and this might seem like an odd question), did you choose your username solely for the purpose of your profile pic? Or it just mere coincidence? :O

Makes sense, I suppose. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Teerack

@Veshark: I fail to see the link between Teerack and Black Cat's boobs :o

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Veshark

@Teerack said:

@Veshark: I fail to see the link between Teerack and Black Cat's boobs :o

So....coincidental? 'Rack'? 'Boobs'? No connection?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be crude, it was a honest question. I was just curious because the connection struck me at random, but clearly I was wrong ;)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Teerack

@Veshark: My actual name is Tarek an Teerack is just something I made up as an online handle from my real name :P

@JonSmith: It also wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of teleporter in it just for those rare times where he starts to Hulk out in the middle of a populated area or something.

Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Rumble Man

not a fan

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Veshark

Ah alright, then, apologies again. Guess I have to get my mind out the gutter ;)

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Teerack

@TheAcidSkull: I'm pretty sure Banner was frozen in a block of ice, because when he becomes Hulk you can see chunks of ice flying away.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
    deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how I feel about it, I might get used to it.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

I think it looks kinda cool. Couple more pictures of it here:

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By TDK_1997

It's great and because it is created by Banner I can assume it has some cool things in it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@V_Scarlotte_Rose: Cool pics mon ami! Are those from the upcoming Captain Marvel Event?

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

@Oscars94: They are indeed. The solicits are available if you're interested:

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #16

KELLY SUE DECONNICK (W) • MATTEO BUFFAGNI (A)

Cover by JOE QUINONES

Variant cover by AMANDA CONNOR

THE ENEMY WITHIN: PART 2 OF 5

- Who wants YOU for dinner? The Brood!

- Spider Woman & Captain Marvel declare war on the Magnetron! (Who?)

- Hawkeye has a bright idea!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

CAPTAIN MARVEL #13

KELLY SUE DECONNICK (W) • SCOTT HEPBURN (A)

Cover by JOE QUINONES

Variant Cover by AMANDA CONNER

THE ENEMY WITHIN: PART 3 OF 5

• A villain revealed! Magnitron’s sinister plans are finally unveiled!

• What is the link between Captain Marvel and Magnitron?

• PLUS: Kree Sentries?!

• The Avengers Assemble in the most pivotal event in Captain Marvel’s history!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Avatar image for thecasketfiller
    TheCasketFiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By TheCasketFiller

I have not read this new series yet, but i agree with hulk armor. ive seen him a few times transform back to banner when it was not the best time, so the armor can help for unexpected transformations. prevent him from harm or being captured.

anyway you put it the armor could be a plus, with banners mind it obviously isn't just armor.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By tupiaz

@JonSmith said:

@Veshark said:

While finding the Hulk is never a problem if he wants to be found, it probably has a tracker in it to make it easier for SHIELD to find and pick up Banner post-mission, probably also letting him know when he's transformed back so they don't run into Big Green while he's still angry. Knowing Banner, he's probably got his lab rigged to blow and his armor with a detonator in it. That way, if SHIELD double crosses him, or if his lab is taken over by an enemy, even if Banner has to Hulk out, he'll still be able to blow it when he transforms back. Or he can blow it while he's still inside, with the armor protecting him mid transformation.

... Granted, that's all pure speculation. But it's all I can think of off the top of my head.

On topic: The armor is awesome.

I haven't read any of the issues but i thought it was to protect banner after transformation so he wasn't naked and vulnerable in a battle zone or suffering from a free fall, falling rocks or something like that.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By judasnixon

I swear to god, pointless lights in customs are the new pouches.......

No Caption Provided
    JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JonSmith

@tupiaz said:

I haven't read any of the issues but i thought it was to protect banner after transformation so he wasn't naked and vulnerable in a battle zone or suffering from a free fall, falling rocks or something like that.

The likelihood of Hulk calming down sufficiently to transform back into Banner in the middle of a battle, or while falling, is minimal. To say the least.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Teerack

@JonSmith: Yeah but I think Banner has woken up naked in the middle of the snow or the freezing desert enough to want to not be naked anymore :P And there are a few villains able to turn the Hulk back to Banner.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tupiaz

@JonSmith said:

@tupiaz said:

The likelihood of Hulk calming down sufficiently to transform back into Banner in the middle of a battle, or while falling, is minimal. To say the least.

Banner should be happy he dropped out the battle zone in the Avengers movie, at 1:27:45 he wakes up out of the battle zone but as Banner. He could easily have been killed or captured. I don't understand why Hulk should not be at risk transforming to Banner in a battle zone.

PrimeDirective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrimeDirective

It has Bannertech forcefield technology built in, allowing Bruce to protect himself from harm that would trigger an unwanted transformation.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By z3ro180

I wanted to know why he wore the armor now I know. So he ant buck naked :D but seriously what's the purpose of the armor? Not bashing on it it looks epic I'm just a bit confused since I don't read up on hulk.

GreenScar1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31  Edited By GreenScar1990

The armor is for Banner more than that of Hulk.

It looks cool.

I only wish that we'd see more Bannertech involved.

Examples:

• Bannertech Teleportation- Fast travel for Banner or Hulk
    • Bannertech Shields- Protection for Banner
    • Bannertech Booster Jets- Flight in space or air travel
    • Bannertech Energy Absorbtion- The armor can absorb Hulk's gamma energy and various other energies and redirect/unleashed them in powerful blasts from hands or in the form of a omnidirectional nuclear-gamma pulse; definitely useful if Hulk edges close to World-Breaker levels of rage/power
    • Bannertech World-Breaker Failsafe- Just in case of an emergency, the armor should be able to absorb and contain Hulk's power if it becomes too extreme... World-Breaker extreme, creating an infinity complex that allows Hulk to become stronger and stronger without having him unleashing his destructive World-Breaker energies that can shred planets aparts in seconds.

These are just a few that I came up with.I know this is what Greg Pak or Peter David would do if they were the ones writing Indestructible Hulk and thought up of some cool ideas for the armor.

What do you think?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@PrimeDirective: That is so cool!

Kramotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow; I was about to make a thread about this.

Back to the topic, the armor looks BADASS; not cool, not great, BADASS. 10 out of 10 for me. I like the fact that Banner used his super-genius level intellect to make this, and that 9 times out of 10, there is some type of Bannertech involved with the suit. I like the whitish-grey color scheme as well. It also looks really cool on the Hulk, IMO, as I was getting tired of just purple shorts.

D-Tull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a little question, when hulk get the armor ?

I just jump in de comics book world and i'm curious.

RaynoQW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@d-tull: During Mark Waids run, after Waid left so did the armor suit.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.