Follow

Horror

Concept » Horror appears in 5574 issues.

Scary stories.

Horror Comics

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mutant X

In celebration of Halloween, I ask... any fans of horror comic books? What are your favorites? What comics have scared the crap out of you?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#2  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Mutant X: I tend to like most of the horror stuff from Grimm Fairy Tales, especially the Wonderland series

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator
    Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Mutant X

@RazzaTazz: @ApatheticAvenger: @BumpyBoo: I'll have to check all those out. :D

Does anyone know if there are any good comics with characters like Freddy Krueger, Jason, Leatherface, Michael Myers, etc.? I've heard an overall negative review of most of them, but was wondering if anyone felt otherwise?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#6  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Mutant X: Some of those make it into comics but they are not usually so scary, because they rely more so on gore and gore doesnt translate so well to comics.

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Lubdan/Leatherface: Horror Cross-Over Experiments

If you're a fan of horror films, then certain comics translations of symbolic American horror films such as Leprechaun and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre may be very straightforward and graphic, but they do manage to present entertaining themes regarding 'paranoia art.'

I'd love to see cross-over horror comics. We've seen Jason vs. Leatherface comics, but I'd like to see more exploratory experimentation/inventiveness.

Lubdan (the ghoulish leprechaun) and Leatherface (the chainsaw-wielding cannibal), for example, could be coupled interestingly in a cross-over engagement.

Maybe Lubdan challenges Leatherface's sense of fortune/misfortune and compels the chainsaw-wielding brute to 'meditate' on catastrophe.

I posted a Lubdan-Jason Comic Vine Battle scenario.

Lubdan (Leprechaun)

Leatherface (Texas Chainsaw Massacre)

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.