Follow

Hope Summers

Character » Hope Summers appears in 1422 issues.

The first mutant born after M-Day, Hope Summers is believed to either be the mutant messiah or the harbinger of death for humanity. She is an Omega-level mutant power manipulator and possesses a connection to the Phoenix Force.

Hope

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Abattoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Abattoir

Is it me or does hope come off as a total dic^, to be honest I'm beginning to think she makes wolverine look darn right sociable. Just saying she's an @ssho&^

Not a big fan of her as you might of guessed already, heck even x-23 has a better personality. Maybe i should give the character a chance i don't know, what do you think

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Raiiyn

NO CHANCE NO CHANCE. I concur my friend. She is a horrible little miscreant and I hope she gets the marvel death sentence soon.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

Hope is an acquired taste to say the least. I like her, but they need to develop the character better without the Messiah/Phoenix subplot attached. That is half the reason she acts like she does. Take away the Messiah crap, she could develop into a likeable character.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By BatteredArmor

She's okay in Uncanny

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Skaddix

I hope she dies. Marvel screwed Bishop and killed Kurt for her. She is not worth it. And this event is a waste of time if she does not die.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

Hope was awesome before coming to present time

RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RogueOracle

In Generation Hope she was definitively not the Hope I fell in love with during Second Coming. In Uncanny she seems pretty cool though. I LOL'ed at her interaction with Namor during the Tabula Rasa arc.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @RogueOracle Did you read Cable?
    RogueOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RogueOracle

@Mercy_: Yes:D She was the cutest thing ever!!! And she turned out really cool. I have no idea why they changed some really cool characterization on her. She was a cool redhead that I loved, but now I'm kind of iffy about her, depending on who's writing her.

Soulstealer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Soulstealer

@Mercy_ said:

Hope was awesome before coming to present time

You're my favorite person ever. People always think I'm crazy for saying that, but Hope from Cable is not the Hope of now and it really doesn't make sense.

@RogueOracle said:

@Mercy_: Yes:D She was the cutest thing ever!!! And she turned out really cool. I have no idea why they changed some really cool characterization on her. She was a cool redhead that I loved, but now I'm kind of iffy about her, depending on who's writing her.

Agreed completely.

xerogod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xerogod

@Abattoir: agreed!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By John Valentine

Curent Hope is a dick.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
    SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By SupremeHyperion

I definitely don't like her as an all powerful or focal character, there is little about her I really care to follow and I'm a little tired of the whole future child come back to the past crap. hope she dies (pun intended) OR maybe we find out she's not that important.

Nightcrawler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nightcrawler23

@BlackArmor: Uncanny Hope is yet another generic assassin.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Nightcrawler23: I know she killed clones of Sinister but by what logic is she a stereotypical assassin? She hasn't killed anything that wasn't part of a hive mind and she doesn't have any other assassiny traits

Avatar image for oviouslyjeangrey
    oviouslyjeangrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By oviouslyjeangrey

@Abattoir: I think hope is a useless character that is going no where

she is only here to try to replace jean but that wont ever happen

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RogueOracle: does anyone have a pic of namor and hope interaction from uncanny x-menUncanny X-Men #6

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Osian2

Hope was a great character in the future then she came to the present and became a whiny little brat.

Hope: Why won't you let me have my own team!

Scott: Okay you can have a team (Even though you're only like sixteen and have the worst social skills to the point that your own team will consider killing you)

Hope: Why won't you let me have Shaw on my team!

Scott: Fine you can have him (Even though he's a psychopath who tried to kill the x-men, tried to kill your father and is part of the club that created Dark Phoenix)

Scott: I'm betting the fate of the entire world on you controlling the Phoenix Hope because I trust and believe in you.

Hope: WHY DON'T YOU TRUST ME!!!!!

In uncanny though ever since regenesis she's pretty cool it's like Kieron Gillen is the only person who writes her well.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's very annoying and to me seems spoiled and hateful. Hope managed to have a better childhood than Rachel Grey (not being a slave hunting other mutants for Ahab and all) and still turned out to be insufferable. I'm glad other people have the same reaction to her that I did - I liked her more in the future as a child, and then she devolved very quickly into a brat once she got to the present world.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Osian2: lol

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Yung ANcient One

I'm not a big fan, so I wouldnt know, but the lil things I've read shes looked like a Spoiled lil Brat that doesnt understand the gravity of the situation.

The normal annoying I'm 15 I'll be 18 in a few years I'm pretty much almost an Adult now.

(+)

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Hareil0079

I maybe in the minority but I like how she is right now. From Cable to SC to GH and currently now I love it. Seeing her growth her evolution and her change in finding her self or rather defining herself, making her life her own instead of what cyclops wants. Especially in AvX which i'm more curious on her character.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By unicornpuncher

@Osian2 said:

Hope was a great character in the future then she came to the present and became a whiny little brat.

Scott: Okay you can have a team (Even though you're only like sixteen and have the worst social skills to the point that your own team will consider killing you)

Scott: Fine you can have him (Even though he's a psychopath who tried to kill the x-men, tried to kill your father and is part of the club that created Dark Phoenix)

Scott: I'm betting the fate of the entire world on you controlling the Phoenix Hope because I trust and believe in you.

In uncanny though ever since regenesis she's pretty cool it's like Kieron Gillen is the only person who writes her well.

This was great!!!!

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By unicornpuncher

Ive got to agree with Hareil0079, I like what hope is starting to become. She was great in Second Coming and just starting to grow as a character outside of the future messiah deal. I didnt read any of Generation Hope, but hope they keep her around after AvX. Id like to see her interact more with Cable as well as Rouge. And heck while were at it, why not Mimic too?

Ok now that I think about it, Hope vs. Mimic vs. Rouge would be a fun fight. They are all like the Mr. Mimes of marvel

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By John Valentine

@Hareil0079 said:

I maybe in the minority but I like how she is right now. From Cable to SC to GH and currently now I love it. Seeing her growth her evolution and her change in finding her self or rather defining herself, making her life her own instead of what cyclops wants. Especially in AvX which i'm more curious on her character.

She comes across as a complete brat most of the time. She shows an utter disregard for all life (Nightcrawler, teleporters during SC etc) save for her own and doesn't seem to appreciate the massive sacrifices (Hellion's hands, Cyclops' morality and personal relationships etc) that have been made to ensure her safety. The only person she's showed a bit of sadness for is Cable, her father. Gillen's Hope is the best we've seen so far, though.

Osian2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Osian2

@unicornpuncher said:

@Osian2 said:

This was great!!!!

It's funny because it's true :) In generation Hope and when it concerns the phoenix Hope acts like a brat. In AVX #1 Hope had a go at Cyclops and threw a tantrum saying she was ready for the Phoenix (Without knowing ANYTHING AT ALL about it) and when it finally arrives surprise surprise she can't handle it. That's what happens when you run away from the people who are trying to train you for the Phoenix and instead fly to the antartic to meet Wolverine (the man who wanted to kill you) and then she acts all surprised when he calls the Avengers I mean WTF, what did she think was gonna happen? give him a beer and he forgets everything?

In Uncanny though I love her character. She's smart, rescourceful and funny. Her dialogue with Namor was great, she's witty instead of bratty and easily one of my favourite members of the team.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oraclefyre

I think I'm just going to pretend that Generation Hope never happened.

And that comment she made to Emma about the people she's slept with...that was just so out of character in my opinion for Hope. I don't think Hope would ever stoop to those levels to insult someone. She's not someone who strikes me as someone who would be catty, bratty she can be, but not catty. I always thought her as someone who doesn't waste time with petty comments.

Gillen gave her purpose, he gave depth behind her actions. I may not have agreed with her actions, but I understood them. As soon as he left we were stuck with a Hope who I just didn't like.

But yeah, she's written really well in Uncanny.

Hareil0079

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hareil0079

@John Valentine said:

@Hareil0079 said:

She comes across as a complete brat most of the time. She shows an utter disregard for all life (Nightcrawler, teleporters during SC etc) save for her own and doesn't seem to appreciate the massive sacrifices (Hellion's hands, Cyclops' morality and personal relationships etc) that have been made to ensure her safety. The only person she's showed a bit of sadness for is Cable, her father. Gillen's Hope is the best we've seen so far, though.

She's a survivor/solider and plus she did show some remorse to NC death if I remember correctly, but hard to have emotional connections to someone your just met or dont really now regardless of the situation plus you gotta factor in how she was raised. The relationship with her and cyclops is more of a bittersweet level of respect. (i.e Your not my father but your right in judgment in certain levels) This is shown best in Uncanny X-men Negative Zone feat. Steve Rodgers. Once again with Cable... of course she's gonna be sad for his death for obvious reasons

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mercy_

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.