Follow

Hollow

Character » Hollow appears in 390 issues.

Hollow (previously known as Penance) is a woman with red skin, long hair, and sharp, fearsome claws. While now having her own consciousness, her body once contained different people's bodies & minds.

Im just gunna say it...

Warpath Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Warpath Storm

Her name is Penance not Hollow,,,,,,that name is so dumb. 

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Wait...I though that Speedball guy was Penance...

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By longbowhunter
    @Icarusflies:
    He was and she is.
    Warpath Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Warpath Storm
    @Icarusflies:
    Speedball took that name since he got the new warriors killed and so then they changed penance's name to hollow so he could have that name........Boring if you ask me
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty

She was changed to Hollow when all the St Croix siblings were freed.  In other words, without anyone trapped serving a 'Penance' inside of 'her', then she is 'Hollow'.   

Personal opinions don't change facts.

RLAAMJR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RLAAMJR

I really prefer Penance than hollow. I actually just like Speedball after his Penance transformation.

I hope Hollow changes her name again into something better.

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Starleafgirl

They could start calling her Penance again now that Speedball took his original alias back! I think some Marvel guy at a ComicCon sometime in the last year mentioned that.

Here's hoping they'll explain more about her and start calling her that in Avengers Academy, though not without explanation. Turbo and the others only ever heard her called Hollow and, without them doing their research, it'd be weird to see them start calling her Penance.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Starleafgirl said:

They could start calling her Penance again now that Speedball took his original alias back! I think some Marvel guy at a ComicCon sometime in the last year mentioned that.

Here's hoping they'll explain more about her and start calling her that in Avengers Academy, though not without explanation. Turbo and the others only ever heard her called Hollow and, without them doing their research, it'd be weird to see them start calling her Penance.

it's great to see you back #1 Penance fan. : )

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Starleafgirl

@jhazzroucher:

Hehe, thanks! Your name looks familiar but I don't quite recall... Feel free to send me a PM or somethin'. XD

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE

As always, loved Penance, was this close to getting her tattoo's on my flesh, and the whole ordeal with her still qualifies as the worst No-Prize convoluted and careless retconned background I've ever seen in a Marvel character. This initially great character went by the wayside and readers stopped caring about her because the writers showed they didn't care about her nor the readers.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jhazzroucher

@CATPANEXE said:

As always, loved Penance, was this close to getting her tattoo's on my flesh, and the whole ordeal with her still qualifies as the worst No-Prize convoluted and careless retconned background I've ever seen in a Marvel character. This initially great character went by the wayside and readers stopped caring about her because the writers showed they didn't care about her nor the readers.

Ahahaha. I see it as a positive thing. She is the mysterious character ever for me : )

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.