Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Ultimate Hercules

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LeeSensei
    seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@leesensei: Are we sure this is the real one? This Fury tends to lie a lot more than the traditional one. Where did he get "Hercules?" I wouldn't get my hopes up either. From what l remember of Ultimate Thor he tended to talk big and get his butt kicked. I hope Hercules fares better.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LeeSensei

There's not a lot of info on him yet, but so far he looks like a more 'serious' character than the mainstream jovial Hercules.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well there is finally a Hercules in the Ultimate Universe. It's about time.

I'll be checking this out.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: Yeah. It's longover do. But better late then never. Apparently he's supposed to counter Thor. Hopefully he's treated with dignity. Apparently he's still an alcoholic, but in the comic he looks more 'serious' and 'heavy'. He wasn't in a lot of it yet, but they I have a feeling they'll be writing him in a way that's more 'truthful' to the myth. We'll have to wait and see.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: Yeah. It's longover do. But better late then never. Apparently he's supposed to counter Thor. Hopefully he's treated with dignity. Apparently he's still an alcoholic, but in the comic he looks more 'serious' and 'heavy'. He wasn't in a lot of it yet, but they I have a feeling they'll be writing him in a way that's more 'truthful' to the myth. We'll have to wait and see.

I agree; it is long overdue. I like the idea of the Hercules vs Thor rivalry being established in the Ultimate Universe.

I don't know if starting him out as an alcoholic should be considered dignified but I'll reserve judgement.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leesensei said:

I agree; it is long overdue. I like the idea of the Hercules vs Thor rivalry being established in the Ultimate Universe.

I don't know if starting him out as an alcoholic should be considered dignified but I'll reserve judgement.

When I say dignity. I meant a little bit smarter. I love 616 Herc, but some times he shows surprising levels of stupidity and it's distracting.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

@leesensei said:

When I say dignity. I meant a little bit smarter. I love 616 Herc, but some times he shows surprising levels of stupidity and it's distracting.

I understand now.

I agree; Marvel has at times (too many times, really) written Hercules a buffoon instead of a serious character or a fun-loving rogue. Let's hope they avoid any urge to make Ultimate Hercules that sort of buffoon/stupid character.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I agree; Marvel has at times (too many times, really) written Hercules a buffoon instead of a serious character or a fun-loving rogue. Let's hope they avoid any urge to make Ultimate Hercules that sort of buffoon/stupid character.

Sadly, the the worse case of this was Chaos War which was meant to be Herc's big claim to Marvel fame...an event dedicated to him and showing he could handle a universal crisis..

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By LeeSensei

@seekquaze said:
    @powerherc said:

Sadly, the the worse case of this was Chaos War which was meant to be Herc's big claim to Marvel fame...an event dedicated to him and showing he could handle a universal crisis..

Quite a few Herc fans are bothered by the fact that Herc isn't a Herald level character, but honestly... this bothers me even more. The Hercules in the myths was no where near that stupid. And I know the Marvel character is just based on him, but as a mythology fan it... just bugs me. The one from the myths was successful military commander and was educated by the best teachers the ancient world had to offer.

The child grew up to be a strong youth, and was taught by Amphitryon to drive a chariot, by Autolycus to wrestle, by Eurytus to shoot with the bow, and by Castor to use the weapons of war. Chiron instructed him in the sciences, Rhadamanthus in virtue and wisdom, Eumolpus (or according to another account, Linus ) in music.

I don't want him to be Reed Richards, but much smarter than he's been portrayed in the comics.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LeeSensei

@seekquaze said:
    @powerherc said:

Quite a few Herc fans are bothered by the fact that Herc isn't a Herald level character, but honestly... this bothers me even more. The Hercules in the myths was no where near that stupid. And I know the Marvel character is just based on him, but as a mythology fan it... just bugs me. The one from the myths was successful military commander and was educated by the best teachers the ancient world had to offer.

The child grew up to be a strong youth, and was taught by Amphitryon to drive a chariot, by Autolycus to wrestle, by Eurytus to shoot with the bow, and by Castor to use the weapons of war. Chiron instructed him in the sciences, Rhadamanthus in virtue and wisdom, Eumolpus (or according to another account, Linus ) in music.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze said:
    @powerherc said:

I don't want him to be Reed Richards, but much smarter than he's been portrayed in the comics.

Great points on Hercules' education. I agree 100%.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wolfrazer  Online

@leesensei said:

@leesensei said:

@seekquaze said:
    @powerherc said:

Also...also you are forgetting 1 detail

*Ahem*

GIVE BACK HIS GOD POWERS! NO MORE DE-POWERING HIM! EVER!!!!!! EVER!!!!!!!

When he gets back to his full power, I BETTER see him tossing around planets and destroying them!! Ok...maybe a little exaggerating there, though it would be pretty funny to see him playing catch with planets.

Also they should display his H2H skills again.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

It's a shame they introduce him right when there going to end the universe

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

They're ending the UU?

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leesensei said:

@leesensei said:

@seekquaze said:
    @powerherc said:

*Ahem*

When he gets back to his full power, I BETTER see him tossing around planets and destroying them!! Ok...maybe a little exaggerating there, though it would be pretty funny to see him playing catch with planets.

I want him to be smart in the comics. At least to the level of his mythological counterpart. But yes... I want him back to classic levels of power and to show H2H skills more often.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*Ahem*

Aye! Verily!

@powerherc said:

Marvel is ending the Ultimate Universe? Just as Hercules arrives?

Hmph! . . . figures.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
    Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

herc shall return to 616... and join secret avengers... he shall...

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ultimate Hercules had a pretty good fight against Ultimate Hulk.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wolfrazer  Online
    Avatar image for beaconofstrength
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@wolfrazer: Hercules beat the hell out of an amped Hulk and a crap ton of Galacti-minions at the same time. And he still wanted to fight more. It was badass.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wolfrazer  Online
    BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BeaconofStrength

@wolfrazer: I'll see if I can find some. Give me a bit. Ultimate Hercules' design may be my favorite Hercules design, too.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wolfrazer  Online

@beaconofstrength: Neat and if that's the case, Marvel needs to get their butts in gear and repower main Herc already and start giving them nice feats.

BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: I kind of wish Hercules was the one wielding Mjolnir, not the female Thor. Hercules hasn't been used in a while, and I thought it'd be cool if they gave him Mjolnir for a while. He's probably the most worthy person in Marvel, and it really disappoints me that he isn't using the hammer, while Thor is unworthy. I think it'd make an interesting story.

At the very least I hope a writer will maybe use him on a street team. It'd be cool to see a depowered Hercules have to rely on his skill, since he's not nearly as powerful as he used to be.

I feel as Marvel didn't know what to do with him, after Chaos War.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PowerHerc

@wolfrazer: I've seen all the scans except the ones showing the end of the fight. I don't know if Hercules wins or not but I understand there is a definite winner. I have yet to get the actual issue but I'm going to.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.