Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Still going strong.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So let's talk about this issue and our thoughts on the new style of Hercules.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By thedude4731

Ok, I'll start it off. As far as the first issue goes, the first time I read it, I was abit underwhelmed. I enjoyed the second read alot more. I didn't find the villain very interesting, or the action very exiting. The apparition that showed itself to Herc has me looking forward to what's to come and the interaction between Gil and Hercules was enjoyable. The costume looked fine and I liked how they paid respect to the old one.

As a father to a couple of boys, I dig the offering the two boys gave since mine adore their cards.

Also my local shop sold out quick which was inconvenient to me but promising for the future.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By westy206

@thedude4731:

We certainly have similar views, the strongest theme for me was the intent to evolve the character.

I also liked how they emphasised Hercules experience and knowledge of monsters, hopefully we'll see more of this.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lets hope issue 2 starts knocking peoples socks off. The writers have to know they can't slow burn this series. Unlike some of us here who have waited 3 plus years for a Hercules series, the average reader won't be so patient. We need better villains and not so rushed looking artwork or we will be looking at another "Herc" failed series.

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I enjoyed it, the villain was a bit goofy looking, but no worries I think he was just a once off. I think the thing I want the most moving forward is for Hercuels to not be too reliant on modern weapons and technology. At the end of the day he is the God of strength and a phenominal h2h fighter and that's how I want him to be shown, melee mostly, fists, swords, maces etc... not lasers, guns, and rockets etc

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hercuthor: Dont get me wrong i enjoyed it as well, just want everyone to enjoy it also. I agree with the H2H aspect and minus the firearms, although it worked for Ares with Gatling Guns, but a Gatling gun looks way more badass than a Taser or Pulse Rifle. With that said Technology is what the 1st issue established, so lets hope the action gets more Gritty, fun and exiting with or without Tech.

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@thedude4731: I think the action will pick up, the first issue was an establishing one and moving forward it should be a little more "intense". You are right the first issue really established itself with the technology aspect and how one must always evolve etc etc Its just weird for me with Hercules, as he appeared to be powered Hercules, as he is one of the strongest characters in marvel. I mean it be like Hulk or Thor using a taser or pulse rifle, its like what?! Regardless though i am very happy to have my favorite character back.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just read the issue and those that it was good, not quite at the level Pak took it too but close.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

2bd issue was real good imo

Hit_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

@jonny_anonymous: It was a good read. I thoroughly enjoyed that issue. Herc's tactical use of the grenade launcher was boss and I like all the 'reformed character' stuff they're doing with him now right down to how he fights in battle. That and his bro is Gilgamesh. Not to mention. I even like the dialogue. Some of it is pretty funny. 2nd issue and everything just works.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought #2 had more fluid dialogue. Pretty much better all a round compared to the first. But we still need more substantial enemies for Herc, besides these nameless fodder.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.