Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

So Hercules and the Nemean Lion Skin...

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Wolfrazer

So here is a question.....has Herc used it from time to time throughout his showings, or has he gotten rid of it completely as he stated to Sentry? I can only think of one time he has used it, but any others I wouldn't mind knowing about

That's another thing...seeing as he is de-powered completely to a peak mortal, why doesn't he start wearing it again? I would think it would help him out now that he isn't a full god anymore.

Which Marvel....you should like change, because....yeah.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
    youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By youmessinwithme

I believe he has started wearing it again, as a mortal, sebastian shaw pulls it off of him before he hits him in their battle doesn't he? only time i've seen him wear it as full god was against the thing, but he didn't really need it)

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer

Speaking of the skin again...did Herc ever make anything out of the claws from the Lion? Like a dagger? Of course by his other equipment, I suppose it wouldn't be necessary but just curious on that.

Danvidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Danvidar

He wore it in his latest appearance in Fearless Defenders # 9 but I am unsure if he has ever made anything out of it.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Speaking of the skin again...did Herc ever make anything out of the claws from the Lion? Like a dagger? Of course by his other equipment, I suppose it wouldn't be necessary but just curious on that.

He never did. I don't see it doing him any good either. Anything to get in range of a dagger would be in range of his fist as well. His club backed by his strength would be a better weapon. As a god, he would have access to the weaponry of Hephaestus which would make a weapon out of the claws useless as well.

However, there is something I have been wondering. The lion skin may be invulnerable, but it is a type of soft armor. It would be good for stopping arrows and glancing blows, but if someone strong enough to hurt Hercules with a club were to hit him hard I don't see the lion skin doing him much good. Agree? Disagree?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

He never did. I don't see it doing him any good either. Anything to get in range of a dagger would be in range of his fist as well. His club backed by his strength would be a better weapon. As a god, he would have access to the weaponry of Hephaestus which would make a weapon out of the claws useless as well.

However, there is something I have been wondering. The lion skin may be invulnerable, but it is a type of soft armor. It would be good for stopping arrows and glancing blows, but if someone strong enough to hurt Hercules with a club were to hit him hard I don't see the lion skin doing him much good. Agree? Disagree?

You're probably right, in mythology he managed to nearly knock out Nemean lion with his club.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Hercules has almost never actually used the Nemean Lionskin in the Marvel Universe so it's precise ability to provide protection hasn't exactly been dialed-in.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer said:

IIRC Hercules hit the lion with his club and it didn't hurt him, so I think it would offer protect him.

Hercules was wearing it in one of Thing's ongoing's where he travelled back in time IIRC.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.