Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4822 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Hawkeye solo movie..

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Could it be successful? Who should the villain be? Any cameos from other Marvel character that should be in the movie? Share your thoughts.

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

1. I don't think it could be successful. It could be funny to see Hawkeye TV series though.
    2. Bullseye?
    3. Mockingbird as recurring character and love interest, Black Widow and Nick Fury as minor characters.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Loki9876

1 it could with good amount marketing everything could be succesful.
    2 crossfire
    3 mockingbird

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't know if Marvel would ever take the chance on making a Hawkeye movie but I do think the character is interesting enough for a good movie to be made.
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#5  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I'd like to see how an animated movie would do first, and if that does well, then I would be more willing to think about a live action movie of him.

rschomber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By rschomber

i really enjoyed the short part he had in the thor movie

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#7  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @rschomber said:

i know right, i was geekin out!!!!
    virgin4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By virgin4life

the hood ain't checkin' for hawkeye

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    @rschomber said:
    i know right, i was geekin out!!!!
    Agreed, it was the perfect cameo and even though he had like only two lines, you could tell he had a little Clint Barton sarcasm in him xD
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

I don't think a Hawkeye movie would be a success. Hawkeye and Black Widow maybe. Could even sneak in some Mockingbird perhaps. Course I also want Wasp, Wonder Man, Ultron and Vision in an Ant-Man movie.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By daredevil21134

Hawkeye is bad ass

Man of Lengend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Man of Lengend

hawkeye rocks............ i would see a shield movie, with hawkeye and widow in it 

moviegeek17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By moviegeek17

I'd be cool with a hawkeye movie. i think hydra should be the villain of the film and maybe baron strucker if thats at all possible.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jayskee

I would like to see a Hawkeye movie 

Villian: Crossfire, Trickshot or Swordsman 

Supporing character: Mockingbird
    Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Omegus
    I would Love to see a Straight to DVD animated movie about Hawkeye. Animated movies have done well for me story wise.

Villian: Like really is there a need for this? Obviously people like jayskee have been paying attention to Clint's history.  Why not at it throw in phantom rider to add that something extra.

Supporing character: Mockingbird (of course)
    Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#16  Edited By Trodorne
    @Omegus said:
    I would Love to see a Straight to DVD animated movie about Hawkeye. Animated movies have done well for me story wise.  Villian: Like really is there a need for this? Obviously people like jayskee have been paying attention to Clint's history.  Why not at it throw in phantom rider to add that something extra.  Supporing character: Mockingbird (of course)
    Why would you throw mockingbird in the mix already? if anything it should be close to his origins to when he was in the circus and have black widow as his leading lady. then you work in mockingbird
    Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Omegus

ARE YOU KIDDING?! 

Why waste time making a movie about something that everyone should know. This isn't Spider-man or Wolverine where you need to rehash origins stories like poping caps off of beer bottles. 
    Look you could do his origin at the beginning and have him working for shield with black widow and have a love affair with Mockingbird . Maybe you dont need to have Phantom Rider in there.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FearTheLiving
    @Omegus said:
    ARE YOU KIDDING?!   Why waste time making a movie about something that everyone should know. This isn't Spider-man or Wolverine where you need to rehash origins stories like poping caps off of beer bottles.  Look you could do his origin at the beginning and have him working for shield with black widow and have a love affair with Mockingbird . Maybe you dont need to have Phantom Rider in there.
    If this was for fans of Hawkeye only I'd agree with you here, but for the movie to be successful at all you'd have to introduce the character a bit for the general audience who has no idea.

Just look at Iron Man and Thor well known characters that still had an intro, but they could always pull a Hulk and have the start of the film be flashback shots of Clint before Hawkeye.
    SleepyDrug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By SleepyDrug

The villains of a Hawkeye movie would have to be Crossfire and Oddball.  The trick would be writing a script that would entice people who aren't major fans of the Avengers.  Perhaps if it followed the Avengers movie...
    RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RedHoodJT

I think that a Hawkeye movie would be great. I think that it would be well received from fans and bring a new audience in as well. But in order for someone to really understand the character there has to be a point in the story that catches people up on what's happened in his life to make him who he is and why he does what he does. Hence an origin story. Now should it be the whole movie like Wolverines hell no. But it does need to be in there. You can't just base a movie's success off of what you think it will do with fans of the character. You have to bring in new people and hook them in order for it to be a success. Harry Potter did that with people that liked wizards and s**t. I for one don't like HP I think its boring. But to each his own. Every movie has to be able to attract not only fans but new additions as well. Without an origin story to learn about the character you have no way of drawing the attention of the crowd. 

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By tg1982
    @RedHoodJT
    Word! 

I think depending on the Avengers movie after that they could do a Hawkeye movie. Then the fan base might already be partially built up. I think Jeremy Renner is going to make a good Hawkeye judgeing by his cameo in Thor.
    Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By Dracade102

Hopefully they'll focus on his character a reasonable bit during the Avengers movie... I'd love a solo movie but I can't picture it ever existing...

RedHoodJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RedHoodJT

I think that if they did an animated movie of him it would do really well. A live action one though I don't think would work out. Because, unfortunately, when you bring up the Avengers I don't know too many people that say "is that the group with the guy that has the bow and arrow?" its always "oh yea that group with the Captain America or Iron Man or Thor.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Bump for nostalgia's sake.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cattlebattle

Definitely, especially with him being an agent of S.H.E.I.L.D..............could be like a Bond movie, that focuses on Hawkeyes marksmanship

Jeremy Renner is the hotness in Hollywood currently, he is much bigger than everyone in the Avengers movie as of right now in my opinion

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Omegus

Maybe if the film had about almost a good half on his childhood with Clint and Barney growing up with an alcoholic father. How their father broke down the family with constant physical abuse and verbal abuse (thus why Clint hates being told he cannot do something.) . His sarcasim comes from his inner hatred for his father from what he does to the rest of his family. Using punch lines to take beatings away from their mother. then the subsequent death of both mom and dad. Barney and Clint being thrown in the a orphanage by the state court system. them running away. Then while trying to survive find the traveling carnavel thus getting jobs and hiding from police. Then Clint getting mentored by Trickshot and Swordsman. IDK that could be a basic idea for a film.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@cattlebattle said:

Definitely, especially with him being an agent of S.H.E.I.L.D..............could be like a Bond movie, that focuses on Hawkeyes marksmanship Jeremy Renner is the hotness in Hollywood currently, he is much bigger than everyone in the Avengers movie as of right now in my opinion

He's not bigger than RDJ by a longshot, lol.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Loki9876

There could be a shield movie with a team of hawkeye, black widow, sharon carter (maybe), falcon (a shield agent with special anti-gravity technology and limited TP) and nick fury (he will not be on the team but will say what their missions are). Maria Hill could also be featured but not on the team.

oh and Mockingbird should also be on the team.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cattlebattle

@Illuminatus said:

@cattlebattle said:

Definitely, especially with him being an agent of S.H.E.I.L.D..............could be like a Bond movie, that focuses on Hawkeyes marksmanship Jeremy Renner is the hotness in Hollywood currently, he is much bigger than everyone in the Avengers movie as of right now in my opinion

He's not bigger than RDJ by a longshot, lol.

thats arguable, he is not as well known, but he was in MI3 about the same time Sherlock Holmes was out, which, preformed better.....he won an award for his performance in the Hurt Locker and he will be in the upcoming Bourne films

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
    @cattlebattle said: 

thats arguable, he is not as well known, but he was in MI3 about the same time Sherlock Holmes was out, which, preformed better

Well, I doubt Renner's name had anything too do with the overall success of Ghost Protocol. The three main factors that attributed too it's success were: 

1. Positive word of mouth-The film was, surprisingly, one of the best reviewed films of the year, and critics and audiences alike universally praised every aspect of the film.
    2. Tom Cruise is still a recognizable star.
    3. It was the fourth film in the franchise, and the marketing campaign was far superior.
    I like Renner. I think he's a well-rounded, fantastic actor that deserves every ounce of acclaim he receives. However, I would be lying if I said he was a bankable star at this juncture in his career. Perhaps after the success of The Bourne Legacy and The Avengers, he will achieve the star-power that RDJ has possessed for some time now. 
    Avatar image for thecheesestabber
    TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By TheCheeseStabber

It would be possible if it was about him and his brother i think. Like growing up together in the circus and learning archery but the brother and him fight and years later like after the Avengers Hawkeye learns about his brother and goes after him to fight him. Be cool to have a few cameos by the Avengers team in the beginning and have Nick Fury helping him along the way and also have Mockingbird constantly appearing to him leading him to his brother....

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Omegus

@TheCheeseStabber: I would love to see both Mockingbird and Crossfire in a Hawkeye movie.

@Illuminatus@cattlebattle : After seeing Thor and Renner as Hawkeye for thoes small clips he was in. The lines would have been the kind of things Clint would say. Renner gave thoes lines a "Meh" preformance. Don't get me wrong he is still a great actor. But when in an interview you hype up the character your playing and get his name wrong and even in a total of 53 seconds your on the screen put something into it. They gave him the role purley on star power. I am not expecting much out of him in the Avengers. I would have love to seen Jensen Ackles as Clint because he fits the bill for clint's personality perfectly.

Maybe on the Matt Damen

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#33  Edited By Trodorne

@Omegus: and my rebutle sir. (see above)

In general, Id love to see a Hawkeye movie. but at the same time im not a fan of selling out a character to the general market cause lets face it regular people are stupid. they do not deserve to appreciate the characters like we do. I know it sounds very high brow and snobbish. but who really appreciates the characters. Us or them. At most all the movie will do is get people to say he is awesome, buy a t-shirt or make a pretty good video game. but will they care about the character later on or end up reading the comics? more than likely not at all. If anything give me a straight to DVD animated movie starring hawkeye like those Hulk Vs, did.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jayskee

if marvel can take a chance with Ghost rider then they can give hawkeye a movie

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I think the best bet is just to create S.H.I.E.L.D. film with an emphasis on Fury, Clint and Black Widow.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blood1991

I want to see a Hawkeye movie eventually leading to a West coast Avengers movie.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By TheAnnihilator

I could see this working as a Mission: Impossible, James Bond, or Bourne Identity type spy movie. It could actually be cool. They'd have to make it more espionage then super-heroics, which I'm fine with. They're more likely to make a movie with him and Black Widow though.

Enosisik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Enosisik

No no no noooooo! Not every comic character needs or deserves it's own movie. No just no .

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By PowerHerc

@Savage_Hawkman said:

@PowerHerc said:

I don't know if Marvel would ever take the chance on making a Hawkeye movie but I do think the character is interesting enough for a good movie to be made.

Do you feel the same way about it now after seeing the Avengers film?

I loved the "Avengers" movie but no, I no longer feel like Hawkeye could carry a solo movie.

sinestro_GL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By sinestro_GL

A good film, maybe...but I don't know if a Hawk-Eye film would generate that much interest.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blood1991

It could work, but it would have to be executed perfectly. Personally putting him and Widow together in a film would be the best option.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By TDK_1997

Hawkeye is a good and interesting character but Marvel would never do a solo movie for him.

Loki9876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Loki9876

A had an idea for a SHIELD movie with Hawkeye, black widow and some othet shield agents.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Omegus

@TDK_1997 said:

Hawkeye is a good and interesting character but Marvel would never do a solo movie for him.

Yeah, they would cancel the movie half way through filming.......BWWHOOOAAA!

.................get it because they cancelled his first ongoing and said it was a mini......BWHOOOAAA!

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Illuminatus said:

Could it be successful? Who should the villain be? Any cameos from other Marvel character that should be in the movie? Share your thoughts.

I wish there was one.

I want him to wear this costume:

No Caption Provided
    Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Nova`Prime`

I think a Hawkeye movie would be awesome, but now with Jeremy Renner as the new "Bourne" I doubt we'll ever see it. But you never know, if The Bourne Legacy does well it could give Marvel Studios something to ponder, but it wouldn't be until after the next Avengers movie since the studios plate is pretty full right now.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@jayskee said:

if marvel can take a chance with Ghost rider then they can give hawkeye a movie

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Three words... West Coast Avengers

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really still think a Animated film would hit the right spot for me. Have a trilogy with animated movies. Plus fans aren’t disappointed by disappointing roles *COUGH* Renner *COUGH*. Sorry I had a Jeremy in my throat, I mean what? That was weird.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.