Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4822 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Hawkeye is not a green arrow rip off

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By jayskee

I know this going to sound like a fanboy rant but I don't care cause I'm tried of people calling Hawkeye a green arrow rip off. Hawkeye was a orphan who ran away from foster care and joined a circus. Green arrow was a billionaire who was deserted on a island for 5 years. How does that make them in any way, shape or, form like each other? The only thing they have in common is that they are archers and are both rebellious. Hawkeye and Mockingbird is nothing like Green Arrow and black canary expect that both girls are blond. Hawkeye is also alot more important to the Avengers then Green Arrow every was to the justice league. Hawkeye led the avengers. Green arrow never led the justice league. So in conclusion they are almost nothing alike.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Omegus

@jayskee: Kudos

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Wait.. does that mean I am a rip off of Hawkeye and/or Green Arrow... I like blonds and shooting arcery.

*ponders the implications of his life being a lie*

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By moywar700

batman is a superman rip-off because they both wear capes.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I agree a lot of people say that Hawkeye is a Green Arrow rip off, but I don't think that is true. Both of their stories are completely different. People just say they are similar because they are both archers.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By TheAnnihilator

Green Arrow started off as Batman with a bow. He only got his personality after Hawkeye became a popular member of the Avengers.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blood1991

The only similarity is they use a bow. Thats it. From there totally diffrent characters.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cattlebattle

There is a lot more similarities then what you named but....denial is OK

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Blood1991 said:

The only similarity is they use a bow. Thats it. From there totally diffrent characters.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Zdaybreak

@TheAnnihilator said:

Green Arrow started off as Batman with a bow. He only got his personality after Hawkeye became a popular member of the Avengers.

RoboShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By RoboShark

.@jayskee said:

I know this going to sound like a fanboy rant but I don't care cause I'm tried of people calling Hawkeye a green arrow rip off. Hawkeye was a orphan who ran away from foster care and joined a circus. Green arrow was a billionaire who was deserted on a island for 5 years. How does that make them in any way, shape or, form like each other? The only thing they have in common is that they are archers and are both rebellious. Hawkeye and Mockingbird is nothing like Green Arrow and black canary expect that both girls are blond. Hawkeye is also alot more important to the Avengers then Green Arrow every was to the justice league. Hawkeye led the avengers. Green arrow never led the justice league. So in conclusion they are almost nothing alike.

I like them both. That aside whoever came first should be established. Cause whoever came second is at least a groupie.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Shotgun said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

Are you really that slow? I'm talking about comics here, not movies or TV shows. The personality change I'm talking about happened several decades before the creation of this show.

Zdaybreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Zdaybreak

@TheAnnihilator I thought you were talking about the movie Avengers, since I never heard of Hawkeye before the movie came out.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Shotgun said:

@TheAnnihilator I thought you were talking about the movie Avengers, since I never heard of Hawkeye before the movie came out.

That's just ridiculous

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By daredevil21134

@TheAnnihilator said:

That is true

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#15  Edited By Trodorne

@Omegus said:

I knew you would show up at this. anything remotely hawkeye you back him up. Green Arrow was good PRE-52. that is all i have to say on that.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

@moywar700 said:

batman is a superman rip-off because they both wear capes.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Omegus

@Trodorne said:

@Omegus said:

I knew you would show up at this. anything remotely hawkeye you back him up. Green Arrow was good PRE-52. that is all i have to say on that.

No one is saying there is a problem with either characters. Infact I enjoy both characters because they bring their own style to both Avengers and JLA. Of course Ill back up Hawkeye, that like you and your Red Lanterns....or Red heads.

Anyways this is about how Hawkeye is NOT a ripoff.

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By darktiger

@InnerVenom123 said:

@Blood1991 said:

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123

@darktiger: That's a lovely pointless bump you got there.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By Decoy Elite

@InnerVenom123 said:

I think I want to frame it and put it up on my wall.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@Decoy Elite said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

I think I want to frame it and put it up on my wall.

Hey I love quoted flattery! Especially for something I said 6 months ago.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#22  Edited By SC  Moderator

No they are the same character, wearing different color outfits and traveling really far. You can tell when the JLA induct Hawkeye into the League and he starts laughing at them exclaiming I have already been inducted you fools. That was pre52, preMarvel Now and prePuberty so who knows what the current status quo is, only Iron Sheik knows.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SUNMAN

all archers are the same. And boring outside of cartoons and live action.

Anyone bringing a bow and arrow to a modern day firefight would be killed 100x over

Avatar image for shark_repellent_bat_spray
    Shark_Repellent_Bat_Spray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@SUNMAN said:

all archers are the same. And boring outside of cartoons and live action.

Hawkeye's current series is one of the best things Marvel have to offer at the moment. Hawkeye was extremely boring in Iron Man 3... Sorry, I mean Avengers.

Plus, after reading Green Arrow #17 it has been re-added to lots of fan's pull lists (mine included).

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By longbowhunter

People are always gonna compare apples to oranges. It's nothing new.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
    WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WaveMotionCannon
    @TheAnnihilator

This
    Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Aero_gt

Hawkeye and Green Arrow are as much ripoffs as say Superman and Goku, Deathstroke and Deadpool, Namor and Aquaman, Fantastic Four and Doom Patrol . Sure they are Blond, have a blond female partner/lover, and use Bow and Arrows, but they differ in personality. I read Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and Wonderwoman, but only stayed for WonderWoman's book while I love Namor and Can't quite like Aquaman, and God the Pre and Post JSA is a better team than the New and Old JLA. Clint is more honorable than Ollie and can lead while Ollie is an Underdog type char that manages to pull of wins. I love them both in different ways, but they are not the same.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daredevil21134

@Aero_gt said:

Hawkeye and Green Arrow are as much ripoffs as say Superman and Goku, Deathstroke and Deadpool, Namor and Aquaman, Fantastic Four and Doom Patrol . Sure they are Blond, have a blond female partner/lover, and use Bow and Arrows, but they differ in personality. I read Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) and Wonderwoman, but only stayed for WonderWoman's book while I love Namor and Can't quite like Aquaman, and God the Pre and Post JSA is a better team than the New and Old JLA. Clint is more honorable than Ollie and can lead while Ollie is an Underdog type char that manages to pull of wins. I love them both in different ways, but they are not the same.

agreed

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@jayskee said:

(and that both girls are named after birds)

Honestly though, I do think the characters are meant to be analogues of each other. Green Arrow was really just an analogue of Robin Hood (in the style of Batman) until Hawkeye came along; they are distinct characters, but they fill the same roles in their respective universes. It's like Namor and Aquaman started out being completely different characters, but have become more like each other as time goes on because they fill similar roles. Obviously Marvel and DC want to keep their characters distinct, but they're also influenced by each other.

Characters like Hyperion, Valkyre, or Black Cat may not be as important to the MU as Superman, Wonderwoman , or Catwoman, but then again, Major Glory is nowhere near as important to the DCU as Captain America; they're all still great characters in their own right.

Debelindzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theannihilator: You mean the comical attitude?Yea he had that from the beggining,i have the first appearance of him on my computer,he is batman with the bow but the diffrence is the attitude.He was always comical.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.