Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4821 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

does he have the potential to be an a list hero

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I mean he has one of the best books out right now he was part of one of the most successful movies ever and he is rumored to be a major part in the sequal he has also been popular in emh and even if assemble isn't getting great reviews he's still a big part. So can he be an a list hero. Look at iron man before iron man came out he was a b b minus character now he's practically marvels poster boy.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
    Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I say no. Hawkeye's rolls in both Thor and the Avengers were barely better than cameos. (former more than latter) He's not even called Hawkeye in either movie.

I also don't think Iron Man was quite a B-List character. Certainly not like the likes of Spidey or Wolverine, but in no way B-list.

Besides. Jeremy Renner is good, but he's no RDJ.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By cameron83

Actually,yeah,I think he CAN become an A-list hero...but Marvel will also have to provide badass (well,more badass feats that distinguish him from other street levelers) feats.

And I think he is DEFINITELY rising in popularity by a really huge factor because of his book that came out and after Avengers....

that potential just has to be used (which I believe that it is for the moment,just a bit slowly,I guess). I just hope they don't ditch him and cancel his book.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bigtewell

@cameron83: exactly! but i dont think they have any reason to cancel on of its most successful books but then again it is marvel who cancels its best show in place of an annoying one

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I think he can.He had an A list role in the ultimates.I'd love to read a series based on ultimate Hawkeye.I'm in the minority of those who don't like his current series.I loved Hawkeye and Mockingbird though.

OmegaHans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

He was already an A-lister at short times throughout his history but I think the problem with him is he's never been a consistent one. Plus, he gets overshadowed a lot by other heroes (typically Avengers) who are almost always A-listers around him. But when you need a practical, down-to-earth, long range hero with the heart of a fighter and the blunt dialogue of a more common bent, he's your man to have in a story.

A-lister or not, I think Marvel would be kind of boring without guys like him.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
    RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Not really. Unless their was a gigantic push in his popularity and Marvel began using him far, far, far more, he'll stay a B to C list.

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By M3th

I say yes if they push him enough and more importantly give him some feats to make him stand out. I think it is also equally harder with DC's counterpart of Hawkeye having a popular show.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Not really. Unless their was a gigantic push in his popularity and Marvel began using him far, far, far more, he'll stay a B to C list.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
    deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Dober_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Dober_Man

Actually what I find most interesting about Hawkeye is precisely that he is not an A-list hero. Marvel has too many A-list heroes fighting big battles that involves saving the world, that's great and all but it can be really exhausting after a while. Non A-List heroes like Hawkeye, Daredevil, etc is like a breath of fresh air sometimes.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PeppeyHare

No and I don't see why people keep creating these threads and asking if "Can _ be an A list character?". Who cares? He's fine the way he is and most non comic readers don't see the appeal of an Archer character.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was already an A-lister at short times throughout his history but I think the problem with him is he's never been a consistent one. Plus, he gets overshadowed a lot by other heroes (typically Avengers) who are almost always A-listers around him. But when you need a practical, down-to-earth, long range hero with the heart of a fighter and the blunt dialogue of a more common bent, he's your man to have in a story.

A-lister or not, I think Marvel would be kind of boring without guys like him.

Great summation.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By DecoyElite

Every character has the potential to be A list.
    Hawkeye is one of the closest to it A list without being A list. He's pretty consistently around, has his own book that's doing well, and he's in the movies.

That said the movies kinda gave him the shaft(ARROW PUN) so if he's gonna be really A list he'll need more screen time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.