Follow

Hawkeye

Character » Hawkeye appears in 4820 issues.

Trained by criminals and inspired by heroes, Clint Barton has grown from a troubled youth into one of the greatest heroes on Earth. The world knows him best as Hawkeye: Earth's Mightiest Marksman. A member of the Avengers for many years, he has left the team on occasion because of team friction. But he always returns, ready to face any threat.

Are there any comics like the new hawkguy book.

pretur22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Are there any comics like the new hawkguy book.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Read Mark Waid's Daredevil they have similarities.I'm on the verge of dropping this title

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Read Mark Waid's Daredevil they have similarities.I'm on the verge of dropping this title

Drop Daredevil or Hawkeye?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegus said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Drop Daredevil or Hawkeye?

As much as I hate to say it probably Hawkeye.He's my favorite hero from Marvel after Daredevil but the way Clint is portrayed is becoming unbearable, the whole i'm nothing but a screw up and I can't do anything right is starting to hurt my eyes when I read it.I feel like i'm reading a book where the main character is always getting his ass kicked and is made to look as incompetent as possible.While Kate bishop looks mature and capable.I loved him in Hawkeye and Mockingbird but this bro infested series.is not for me anymore.

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: I hate to say it also, but you are absolutely correct with your point. They might as well make it a series about Kate which I would read. They are spending so much time focusing on him as a person. H&M was the best series to show off not only him as a person but as a hero. Everything about that series was great. This serie is also getting on my nerves. As you know he is my favourite character.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegus said:

@daredevil21134: I hate to say it also, but you are absolutely correct with your point. They might as well make it a series about Kate which I would read. They are spending so much time focusing on him as a person. H&M was the best series to show off not only him as a person but as a hero. Everything about that series was great. This serie is also getting on my nerves. As you know he is my favourite character.

Agreed fully.I really wanna support Clint but I just don't think I can handle this series anymore

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@omegus said:

They are spending so much time focusing on him as a person.

No Caption Provided

"This is what he does when he's not being an avenger."

Omegus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Omegus

@innervenom123: That is fine and dandy, but the issue I am having with the series thus far is that because of his new costume everybody know who he is realistically so with the whole "video tape fiasco" and the "Track suit mafia" and now the Kingpin he would have been hunted down along time ago putting every one he knows at risk. This series is not giving Clint justice for everything he has been through as a person. The man was beaten by his drunk father at a young age and when his father kills himself and Clint's mom in a drunk driving accident and orphans him and his brother. That his a huge scar on him and lets not forget having your mentors betray you after discovering they were thieves, or thinking your wife was dead. getting killed by a woman you once loved.

I get what Fraction is trying to do and at the beginning was great but it is wearing thin for me.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omegus said:

@innervenom123: That is fine and dandy, but the issue I am having with the series thus far is that because of his new costume everybody know who he is realistically so with the whole "video tape fiasco" and the "Track suit mafia" and now the Kingpin he would have been hunted down along time ago putting every one he knows at risk. This series is not giving Clint justice for everything he has been through as a person. The man was beaten by his drunk father at a young age and when his father kills himself and Clint's mom in a drunk driving accident and orphans him and his brother. That his a huge scar on him and lets not forget having your mentors betray you after discovering they were thieves, or thinking your wife was dead. getting killed by a woman you once loved.

I get what Fraction is trying to do and at the beginning was great but it is wearing thin for me.

me too

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DigbyKong

I'm pretty current on comics. but who the f*ck is hawkguy?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

It's an inside joke, he means Hawkeye, but in the comic, a guy didn't know who he was so he called him "Hawkguy"

Batnandez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134: Fraction is a male feminist so it only makes sense he writes Clint like this, I bought the first trade and didn't care for it. Waid's Daredevil is a different story, I love it.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

@the_stegman: That's gotta be one of my favorites from the series. xD

craftysackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digbykong said:

It's an inside joke, he means Hawkeye, but in the comic, a guy didn't know who he was so he called him "Hawkguy"

It is I. Me.. the Hawkguy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

That and Kate punching him and calling him a "B*tch"

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 the_stegman  Moderator

@samimista: Gah, the whole series is so great, bro.

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: To be honest it's the only current Marvel title I'm reading lol. I did read Gambit and Winter Soldier but they got canned. D= This one is a total blast to read though. Love the art style too.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134: Fraction is a male feminist so it only makes sense he writes Clint like this, I bought the first trade and didn't care for it. Waid's Daredevil is a different story, I love it.

That makes sense

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman: To be honest it's the only current Marvel title I'm reading lol. I did read Gambit and Winter Soldier but they got canned. D= This one is a total blast to read though. Love the art style too.

It's the only Marvel title that I PAY for. My friend is a Marvel fan and forces his titles onto me...

DigbyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@digbykong said:

Well I hope Hawkeye shot that guy in the face with an arrow. That would be the most appropriate response.

looper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if they are going to continue the series of Hawkeye?

No Caption Provided

I'll admit I wasn't a Hawkeye fan until I began reading the reinvented/ new issues. The artwork, story, and dialogue are great. I hope they continue the series.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Surprised there are people actually considering dropping this series. It's going to win an Eisner easily.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like other people have mentioned, Daredevil is pretty similar. For other comics with a similar vibe, you'd have to get away from the Big Two and look into more indie stuff.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

@pretur22:

Yes. Mark Waid's Daredevil.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Man, I'm so gonna miss him ;(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.