Follow

Havok

Character » Havok appears in 3693 issues.

Havok is the son of Corsair and brother of Cyclops, and Vulcan, and has led both the Brotherhood, of Mutants, and X-Factor. He also was part of Uncanny Avengers and Starjammers.

Havok was the only X-Man to single-handedly defeat the Hulk

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By VampireSelektor

This is fact. Why can't more be done with Havok? Havok has unexplored potential powerwise that deserves to be speculated upon on-panel.  

On a related note, how long can the X-Men be lead by the council of Cyclops, Emma Frost, Magento, Xavier, and Wolverine?   Cyclops is turning into Hugo Chavez, Emma Frost is trying her best to support her man despite her previous independent streak, Magneto and Xavier have arguably been traumatized by their forays into corrupt behavior (one more than the other), and Wolverine just isn't a statesman.     

It would be interesting to see Havok join the inner council on Utopia, given his experience working with the government and time spent fighting the Shi'ar empire. He may not be as intuitively tactical or mature as Cyclops, but he has potential.  
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2  Edited By SC  Moderator

I think Dazzler has once. I can't recall the specifics though. Unless you really mean X-Man lol and I think Rogue possessed by a Skrull took him out with a touch too. I get your point though and sorta agree! 

GL_Medphyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GL_Medphyll

Havok now isn't all that good. He's just another Cyclops. Besides the Hulk he beat isn't the same Hulk we have now. (WW Hulk)

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Seems that they're going to start using Havok again, so we'll see.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By ReVamp

Havok... Is a good character, but I don't think I want to see him in any council.
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DEGRAAF

I think it would be cool to get his take and opinion about the council of Utopia.
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By VampireSelektor
    @SC
    Dazzler had help from the Fantastic Four, I think. I can at least say Havok is the only X-Man to defeat the Hulk twice.
    INFLUCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By INFLUCATEXE
    @VampireSelektor said:
    @SC: Dazzler had help from the Fantastic Four, I think. I can at least say Havok is the only X-Man to defeat the Hulk twice.
    Dazzler changed him back to Banner in Dazzler #7, and 1-shotted him out in Hulk Team-Up #1.  
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By VampireSelektor
    @INFLUCATEXE
    Really? Has the issues of Dazzler ever been collected into a graphic novel?
    Night Thrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Night Thrasher

Havok is fine right where he is/was, in charge of the Starjammers. He's separated from Scott, so Cyclops doesn't have to be in every issue he's in, or even mentioned. He gets to lead his own team without any real ties to the mutants, so he's distanced from the X-Men. And, if worked out right he can be compared to more powerful characters like Silver Surfer and Gladiator, which puts him actually ahead of Scott on a "galactic importance scale". Also there's the family lineage of leading the Starjammers that fits more with Alex's character than with Scott's. 

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cattlebattle

So unnecessary, Hulk is such a chump sometimes

Doc Ock gave him a hard time once.....stupid right?

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
    sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle: I remember that. That was when Dr Octopus had adamantium tentacles during the sinister run in Spider-Man, but even Ghost Rider got stomped out.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @sesquipedalophobe said:

@cattlebattle: I remember that. That was when Dr Octopus had adamantium tentacles during the sinister run in Spider-Man, but even Ghost Rider got stomped out.

The thing is, he had a hard time fighting him.....in the next issue a new writer took over.....looked at that fight and said "what the hell?", and he just had Hulk thunderclap him across the country lol. Hooray for people with common sense

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.