Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » Harley Quinn appears in 2594 issues.

Harleen Quinzel was a psychiatric resident at Arkham Asylum, where she met the incarcerated Joker. Falling in love with her patient, she conspired to break him out of prison and eventually became his lover and loyal sidekick, Harley Quinn. She eventually left him to be her own woman, and has been enemy and ally of Batman, and various other heroes.

Off My Mind: Does Harley Quinn Need Joker?

• 103 results
    Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Decept-O

Like most dsyfunctional relationships, and boy oh boy is this one dysfunctional, Harley will be on again off again with Mister J because she just can't seem to resolve the notion she will somehow "fix" the Joker.  An impossible task.    You know how a lot of women like the "bad boys" and Joker is the extreme and eccentric epitome of that notion.   Despite his garish appearance and murderous ways he managed to get Harley attracted to him.

That said, I can get used to the idea of Harley never being involved with the Joker again. 
    I like the dynamic between Harley and Poison Ivy and I don't mean that from any pervo way.  Well, just a little.   I think Poison Ivy offers Harley something more "stable' if such a word could be used.   

I HATE the notion she would be "good" or help out Batman. 
    Dr. ? man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Dr. ? man

I don't particularly care for Harley Quinn but admittedly, she works best as a Gotham City Siren as oppose to a stooge for the Joker. The only scenario I can see working with the Joker is that he goes out and finds another female sidekick to work with and Harley has to deal with her feelings regarding that. Other than that, I really don't see the point in having the Joker remotely care about Harley in any aspect, he's already proven over the years (especially during Morrison's tenure) that he is much more effective solo.
    Dr. Maxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Dr. Maxwell

Honestly Im tired of the Character, she doesnt work with the Joker's current Phase

Cafeterialoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Cafeterialoca

This argument doesn't apply to just Harley though.
    Mockingbird, Jessica Jones, and many other comic girls tend to be viewed as _______________'s girlfriend.  It's good to have the girls breakaway and define who they are and that they are not just relationship fodder.
    On the subject of Harley, I think she's defined enough to not be that worried about her.

batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By batman_is_god

OK, Batman is not going to double date with Joker. He would just kick his ass. 

The Joker is what made Harley insane, which is what makes her a villain. She may not have to hang on his arm all the time, but they can't just be over. If she were to just truly be over him, she would be reformed and go back to being a psychiatrist.
    MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By MisterMollusk

It'd be nice to see them do a serious story line concerning harley quinn and joker. like, joker wants her back but she says no and he's all like baby i'm sorry i hit you i'm a changed man and she's all like i've had enough of you i'm my own woman now. you know. something like that.

greenenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By greenenvy

Yes its true, she is more developed and interesting on her own.  It makes her less criminally insane which hints that there is good and heroic deeds in Harley. When  she goes back to him then thats when she is on the dark side or more villainous  mostly with joker. Last I want to say is I rather watch her with ivy instead of cat woman being included so only those two I love the most and works best for me. I want to see just Harley and ivy for a series with the men that abused them then went  into villains.  This means the main antagonists  should be the  joker and the flora man 

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Eyz

I really loved her solo book!
    What solo book?? Was I the only one to read it??

Anyway as much as I love those two together and their inperfect disfunctional relatioship, they both grew up nicely in separate ways..maybe it would be for the best if they stayed this way now, seeing as how much they've come to.

lordmagnusen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By lordmagnusen
    @Mr_Wayne69 said:

" @lordmagnusen said:

" Harley is barely a one-note character; who serves only to be a Joker sidekick. Currently, she's Catwoman's comedy foil. "
    This. End of discussion. "
    Thank you! I don't mean to shoot down the thousands of Harley fangirls and fanboys out there; I understand being attached to one-note, minor characters... heck, I'm a Quislet fan! But there's being a fan, and then there's believing a one not character has more substance than it actually has...

@AskaniSon295 said:

" Would love to see her date Lobo or Ambush Bug or Maybe Booster Gold. Maybe should have her version of the bacherlorette. "

Booster? What has Booster done to deserve catching whatever nasty STDs Harley probably carries?
    Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#60  Edited By Lvenger

Lol that would be a double date from hell. Nevertheless, I am more inclined to see Harley back with her puddin.

Mr_Wayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#61  Edited By Mr_Wayne69
    @lordmagnusen said:

" @Mr_Wayne69 said:

" @lordmagnusen said:

" Harley is barely a one-note character; who serves only to be a Joker sidekick. Currently, she's Catwoman's comedy foil. "
    This. End of discussion. "
    Thank you! I don't mean to shoot down the thousands of Harley fangirls and fanboys out there; I understand being attached to one-note, minor characters... heck, I'm a Quislet fan! But there's being a fan, and then there's believing a one not character has more substance than it actually has...

Yeah there's being a fan... then there's being a panderer (aka annoying fanboy).  I like Harley too but I'd never spend unnecessary time trying to convince anyone that she's more than a comedy beat for other characters. Like you said: Joker, Catwoman etc.
    Avatar image for theblaquebasterd
    THEBlaqueBasterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By THEBlaqueBasterd

ComicDoms very own Chris Brown & Rhianna

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

Harley is much better without the Joker !

DustinFun1704

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By DustinFun1704

Hey who illustrated that first picture at the top? 

WykedlilKara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By WykedlilKara

I would really like to see Harley get her own run and take the character on a more serious route where she can become a significant character that doesn't rely on other characters to do things.

lordmagnusen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lordmagnusen
    @WykedlilKara said:
    " I would really like to see Harley get her own run and take the character on a more serious route where she can become a significant character that doesn't rely on other characters to do things. "
    And be what? Another sexy former Batman villain that now threads the line between good and morally gray? We have one of those already, thanks. What they should do is make Harley disappear, and then have a new heroine show up in the Batman books; not show her identity for months, and then reveal it was Harley all along, trying to gain some cred without the weight of her clown persona on top of her.
    Renee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Renee

I love Harley. She's awesome even without Mr.J.

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By difficlus
    @Renee said:
    "  She's awesome even without Mr.J. "
    Excatly what i'm thinking, she has evolved past the need of needing him in her stories.
    clownyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By clownyface

Ok! Pardon the length of this, but since this is the opposite of most of the other comments let’s call it fair.

I believe this article reflects a poor but all-too-typical series of totally subjective misunderstandings about Joker, Harley, and their relationship. The same with so many of the replies. In fact, for everything people have cited as “evidence” that the relationship is nothing but abusive or that Joker doesn’t even like her or that Harley’s just a schmuck, there’s an example of comraderie, trust, mutual affection and attachment, Harley’s badassery, and then some. I’m always stunned at how people gloss over this stuff.

First off, there are a MILLION story and character possibilities with her being “just the Joker’s girl” and I’d so much rather see those better explored than all this trying to force her into some uninspired new mold that has nothing to do with who she was created as or what makes her work. I’d rather see her laughing and scheming with the Joker than, I dunno, going on yet another GCS shopping trip away from those girls who just don’t get her or trust her nearly as much as Joker does. Also Joker IS definitely more deadly and dangerous with Harley. I don’t get how that can even be denied; even Batman and Alfred have said that.

Second, Dini himself has said that Joker loves Harley. Once to a room of 3000 people. In fact, the reason Joker even shot her off in that rocket, as Dini wrote it, was because he was starting to care for her and it freaked him out! Any chick who can throw Joker for a loop is a helluva force in my book. Even in Batman 663 it’s explained Joker’s trying to kill her because he cared for her, and eventually he even concedes to bringing her into his “new way” instead.

I love the Joker, but (when written well) Harley freshens him to a huge degree. To see how someone like him deals with caring for someone, and the deliciously twisted and unconventional ways that manifests itself make for so much more unique and complex storytelling than we often get. I love Harley, but a Harley that can do without the Joker is no Harley to me and strips her of a ton of her power and charm.

If more people explored they’re relationship with real insight there’d be no need for all this confusion and fiddling with her. It’s all these shallow, one-dimensional portrayals and many fans' amazing obliviousness to half of what they're reading that creates this dissatisfaction with who Harley is and what her and Joker’s relationship is. IMHO...

So in case you can’t tell, my vote is for them to reunite. But in a not sucky way.
    clownyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By clownyface

And another thing... Consider Minion in Megamind if you saw and liked it! We wouldn't want or need Minion to be any more than what he is. We wouldn't whine about his need to move on and get out from under the thumb of Megamind, to become his own villain, etc. We LOVE his devotion, his surprising skills, and the amusing relationship that results between the characters. He is all he needs to be, and watching the characters together is a treat! Why would we wanna change that for some ill-conceived sense of what people assume passes for character development? Same as Harley with Joker, in my book.

Avatar image for thecheckeredman
    thecheckeredman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By thecheckeredman

I also feel Harley is a one trick pony.  I enjoyed her in BATMAS:TAS but never cared much for her "real" in continuity likeness.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#72  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@clownyface said:

Ok! Pardon the length of this, but since this is the opposite of most of the other comments let’s call it fair.

I believe this article reflects a poor but all-too-typical series of totally subjective misunderstandings about Joker, Harley, and their relationship. The same with so many of the replies. In fact, for everything people have cited as “evidence” that the relationship is nothing but abusive or that Joker doesn’t even like her or that Harley’s just a schmuck, there’s an example of comraderie, trust, mutual affection and attachment, Harley’s badassery, and then some. I’m always stunned at how people gloss over this stuff.

First off, there are a MILLION story and character possibilities with her being “just the Joker’s girl” and I’d so much rather see those better explored than all this trying to force her into some uninspired new mold that has nothing to do with who she was created as or what makes her work. I’d rather see her laughing and scheming with the Joker than, I dunno, going on yet another GCS shopping trip away from those girls who just don’t get her or trust her nearly as much as Joker does. Also Joker IS definitely more deadly and dangerous with Harley. I don’t get how that can even be denied; even Batman and Alfred have said that.

Second, Dini himself has said that Joker loves Harley. Once to a room of 3000 people. In fact, the reason Joker even shot her off in that rocket, as Dini wrote it, was because he was starting to care for her and it freaked him out! Any chick who can throw Joker for a loop is a helluva force in my book. Even in Batman 663 it’s explained Joker’s trying to kill her because he cared for her, and eventually he even concedes to bringing her into his “new way” instead.

I love the Joker, but (when written well) Harley freshens him to a huge degree. To see how someone like him deals with caring for someone, and the deliciously twisted and unconventional ways that manifests itself make for so much more unique and complex storytelling than we often get. I love Harley, but a Harley that can do without the Joker is no Harley to me and strips her of a ton of her power and charm.

If more people explored they’re relationship with real insight there’d be no need for all this confusion and fiddling with her. It’s all these shallow, one-dimensional portrayals and many fans' amazing obliviousness to half of what they're reading that creates this dissatisfaction with who Harley is and what her and Joker’s relationship is. IMHO...

So in case you can’t tell, my vote is for them to reunite. But in a not sucky way. "

I think the problem is you take Harley seriously and other people here don't, they only know her from a few appearences.After reading her solo series, I see Harley has some potential but the question is will anyone care about Harley if you remove the Joker from her appearances? People know them as a duo.
    Avatar image for harleyquinnthusiast
    HarleyQuinnthusiast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This article is flawed on many levels. Harley's had years and years of alone time,  and has not become any more independent than she ever was. And have any of you read GCS? In the comics thus far, Harley has tweeted, online shopped, online debated, sunbathed, walked the hyenas, eaten junk food, played video games and lounged around the hideout in her pajamas. Has she accomplished anything productive, liberating or empowering? no. By denying Harley a reunion with her beau for this much longer, she has become an air-headed couch potato bimbo with no real goals or motivation. She became a villain for the Joker's sake. He was and is her motivation. He gave her some excitement and laughter in an otherwise mundane existience she had been leading as Dr. Quinzel. He gave her something to strive for, to look forward to.  

Also, Harley is not the leader type. She likes being told what to do, and needs to be told what to do in order to truly be productive. It's who she is. She has a very child-like mentality, and while she is dangerous, cunning, smart and menacing on her own, she needs a sense of direction to become truly sinister, or useful, or productive. The Joker gave her that direction, and that was when some of her most violent and sinister moments became apparent. Poison Ivy and Catwoman realize this, and while they give Harley something to do, it might not be enough, if she is still a lazy couch lump pining for her puddin'.  

And the Joker did and still does care for Harley. In the comics that the pictures that this article links to are from to prove the relationship is loveless, there is evidence that they have intimacy, passion, and yes, even love. In the picture from Mad Love, in the next panel, Harley says "oh sweetie, I brought the whoopee cushion.." evidence that they have had, and still do have an active sex life, using the whoopee cushion as a sex toy. and also, "don't you wanna rev up your Harley??" She wouldn't be saying that if she didn't know the line would work, and it might have before...furthermore, in the "rocket scene" from batman: harley quinn that is referenced and taken completely out of context in GCS, the Joker openly tells Harley of his attraction and feelings for her. He is angry with her often because he hates the feeling of being attracted to someone else, having almost normal feelings for another. she humanizes him, he hates this, he acts violently and bitterly. except when he doesn't. he has, occasionally even without any manipulative motivation, kissed her, embraced her, caressed her, made love to her.  He has had more than enough chances to axe her off, to get rid of her, but somehow, even at his most abusive, he never does. He is a merciless killer psychopath. If he truly, deeply hated and wanted to kill her, he would have already done it by now. If she truly meant nothing to him, wouldn't she be gone from the picture? fun fact: Paul Dini, the creator of Harley Quinn and the former writer of GCS had created the character of Harley Quinn in order to in some way humanize the least human rogue, the Joker.   

and if you want to talk about character development and evolution, what about the evolution of the relationship? The Joker originally saw Harley has  only a mere object, a toy for his own amusement and pleasure, a means of escape, and an extra pair of hands around the hideout. But over time, Harley has grown, and developed, gained strength and courage to fight back, and show defiance and individuality, and take a firm position in the relationship. And the Joker, while still viewing Harley as an Object and toy for his own manipulative and often abusive purposes, has come to view her as a loved one, someone with whom he can share his brand of humor with, someone who can truly become a main part of his twisted world. She has always made him laugh, that's what attracted him to her, but now she is in on all his jokes, she is a bigger part of his life. As poison ivy says in GCS, and I'm paraphrasing, "the Joker may have originally thought of you as a willing patsy, but eventually he let you in. He shared secrets with you he wouldn't have with any other living soul." They have grown into a dementedly happy couple over time, with more intimacy, passion and, yes, even love apparent in the relationship in the cartoons and the mainstream comics as their story progresses. to break them up now would be cutting off a brilliant love story half way though an unfinished chapter that has yet to be completed. 

yo_yo_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#74  Edited By yo_yo_fun

I love Harley, she is very funny & child-like. 
    I loved her the most in Batman The Animated Series. 
    But I think it's sad that she accepts the abuse from the Joker. There's no reason for her to accept that. That just shows she has some SERIOUS issues.  
    But I have to admit, it's weird to see her w/out the Joker..
    KroenenLMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By KroenenLMH

What do people do when they get bored ? Yes, that's right, they begin annoying their fellow human beings, destroying random things and start being all in all destructive, unproductive and a plague to those around them.

When it comes to ComicVine's „Off My Mind“, I'm used to read random and more or less hilarious notes and articles or some old ambigous 50s stuff somebody dug up and posted.

I'm NOT used to skip through things we've been over and over a thousand times!

Don't get me wrong – I love to argue with people having different opinions as much as I love winning arguments knowing from the very beginning I'll succeed for I got FACTS and they got THEORIES – but puuh-leeeease, are we back to THAT topic again ?!

Does Harley Quinn need the Joker ? Does she? DOES SHE ?

Hm, let's simply start with the fact that He.Created.Her. He made her, he was the start of Harleen Quinzel's roller-coaster driving to insanity, he – yes, I like to stick to Paul Dini's classic tale of Mad Love – HE came up with her name, „Harley Quinn“.

The Joker is the cause of her nutty crusade becoming one of Gotham's most dangerous dames, fighting side by side not only with him but also Poison Ivy – and she sure is a match to the Bat-Family.

Asking „Does Harley Quinn need the Joker“ has the aspect of asking „Does a kid need his parents or is it better off without them ?“ And the kid can sometimes be the Joker aswell as her.

Isn't it kinda obvious ? All throughout GCS she's done boringly everyday stuff, has had one fight or two – duh - and shown excitement and her usual craziness by simply HEARING the Joker's name, not stopping calling him nicknames or trivializing his various deeds, much to her friends' annoyance.

Coming up with the „does she need him“-question is for me a no compromise „YES, HELL YES !!!!“-answer. The couple has built up a relationship not only throughout the various comic storylines but also the animated universe, leaving no doubt she loves him and he at least LIKEs to keep her around. She makes him laugh, he's the Joker and that's what attracted him to her in the first place – that and the fact he could manipulate her so easily – she was fun, she was his toy, had become a pet and is now – though he'd never admit it – a criminal equal. And boy, does the Joker love to fight for dominance.

Let's name „Mad Love“, „Harley Quinn“, „Joker/Mask“ and „No Man's Land“ as just a handful of comics that proof they have an ongoing physical and psychological relationship reciprocating on BOTH sides on various occasions, add BTAS episodes „Harley & Ivy“, „Joker's Favor“ and „Beware the Creeper“ - again, picked examples – and I think the penny drops for the very last retarded „boo-hoo-she's-a-victim“ crybaby that calls himself a Harley-fan.

She loves working for him, he depends on her making his life so livable and easier than before that he – hah, we're talking JOKER here, kids – himself compromises with having actual feelings for her.

The constant tension – will he kill her in the end or not? - and the fact he hasn't done it yet – still, reminding you the Joker shoots random innocent citizens and poisons kids for a laugh – is another proof he never really wanted/wants to get rid of her.

It surely infuriates he has those feelings – shudder, they are so human - , but it's all in all better than waiving this helpful hand.

He is an ultra-egomaniacal hedonist after all, and what pleases him he likes to keep. Period.

For Harley it may have started out with love blinding her, telling herself she just wants to help him rehabilitating, over coping that his feelings for her may not be the exact same but are in certain ways properly responded too – I'd like to thank Elise for the simple but genius idea I hadn't though of before: What have those childhood/past-life lies he told her in Arkham to do with his emotions for her? - to simply being a devoted criminal and doing as her lover tells her.

She sure is a glutton for punishment – again, check the comics and YES, even the BTAS and TNAS – and she and the Joker have a complex D/s relationship with contentment on both sides.

Looking with anticipation forward to the new GCS coming out in February I merely hope the writers won't screw it up because of this very issue „Does Harley need the Joker“, or even „Does the Joker need Harley“!

She's his, his property, his creation, and she belongs to him. So get'em back together already :D !

FelineFatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By FelineFatale
    @clownyface said:

So in case you can’t tell, my vote is for them to reunite. But in a not sucky way. "

Okay, obviously you are biased. The comments in this thread come from people from various backgrounds and preferences and for some reason, that bothers you. As someone else pointed out, you are very defensive of Harley and yet you are quick to dismiss others opinions as 'ill thought out' just because they don't conform to your own views. Shame. 

Now, to the heart of this post. 

You make mention of Harley's relationship with the Joker as one of 'comraderie' and  'mutual trust'. Are you serious? That's like saying Harley should cuddle a rattlesnake because that's essentially what it is. Your obsession with this pairing says more about your biases if anything else. The bottom line is that Joker is a psychopath no remorse for people and Harley is delusional. How hard is that to understand? You are adding things that are not there.  I will even go as far as saying you seem like one of those abuse apologists judging by the way you gloss over it.

What you want is a soap opera to conform to your little fantasies of Joker and Harley as this cute little couple when the comics and creators themselves have stated the very same things that the rest of the commenters on this blog have said and for some reason, you choose to ignore that. Why should the comics conform to your views of who Joker and Harley are?  Who are you to say that you are wrong when the vast majority of this thread says otherwise? There are at least two or three people here who agree with your views but don't need to be arrogant about it like you seem to be.

The notion of Joker falling for Harley and then killing her because he somehow fears the magical powahs of Harley Quinn is silly in it of itself. He kills people, is not above rape and doesn't give a crap about anyone and it's obvious you want special treatment for Harley. There is nothing 'mutual' about Joker's "relationship" with Harley. It's just you trying to look for something to justify your daddy kinks whilst using the characters as props for your own personal issues. Sorry if this sounds rude but your defensive posts needs to be called out on.  

Like it or not, Harley has developed into this three dimensional character. I am not saying she has to be Gotham's own Robin Hood to but to keep her in a box just to please fans like yourself is not a character I care for. Did it ever occur to you that some of us are TIRED of seeing the same portrayals? GCS failed because of poor writing and editing. I think under Gail Simone or Chuck Dixon it could have been a much stronger book. You can try and argue of the 'subjectivity' of Joker's abuse towards Harley but I am not going to waste my time naval gazing. Abuse is abuse is abuse. The 'honeymoon' period which you seem to pay attention to is ephemeral, irrelevant and only a ruse.

FelineFatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By FelineFatale

@KroenenLMH said:

Let's name „Mad Love“, „Harley Quinn“, „Joker/Mask“ and „No Man's Land“ as just a handful of comics that proof they have an ongoing physical and psychological relationship reciprocating on BOTH sides on various occasions, add BTAS episodes „Harley & Ivy“, „Joker's Favor“ and „Beware the Creeper“ - again, picked examples – and I think the penny drops for the very last retarded „boo-hoo-she's-a-victim“ crybaby that calls himself a Harley-fan. 

Wait, so we are not real Harley Quinn fans because we don't see Mad Love as the Bible? Wow.

The constant tension – will he kill her in the end or not? - and the fact he hasn't done it yet – still, reminding you the Joker shoots random innocent citizens and poisons kids for a laugh – is another proof he never really wanted/wants to get rid of her. 

There is tension because it would be out of character to be upfront with his feelings which you claim he has. This is the Joker, not some reality TV contestant.

It surely infuriates he has those feelings – shudder, they are so human -

So were Charlie Manson, Adolf Hitler and Ilse Koch. Are we going to ignore that because of some silly romance? Why should they change Joker just to please a few people? That's like Prince needs to 'improve' by collaborating with Katy Perry or Justin Bieber.

I'd like to thank Elise for the simple but genius idea I hadn't though of before: What have those childhood/past-life lies he told her in Arkham to do with his emotions for her?  

This Elise is not a dictator for the characters. She is a fan. A fan with leanings and that's it. She is not an authoritative source. Got that? 

She sure is a glutton for punishment – again, check the comics and YES, even the BTAS and TNAS – and she and the Joker have a complex D/s relationship with contentment on both sides.

How is it complex when we keep seeing the same things over and over? What about the fact that Harley questions her choices and morals? I guess it doesn't count because that is to real and in no way conforms to your views of their so called relationship. It's not D/s it's flat out abuse. Call a spade a spade.  

She's his, his property, his creation, and she belongs to him. So get'em back together already :D !

Wow, women objectifying women. I thought I saw it all!

@HarleyQuinnthusiast said:

"This article is flawed on many levels. Harley's had years and years of alone time,  and has not become any more independent than she ever was. And have any of you read GCS? In the comics thus far, Harley has tweeted, online shopped, online debated, sunbathed, walked the hyenas, eaten junk food, played video games and lounged around the hideout in her pajamas. Has she accomplished anything productive, liberating or empowering? no. By denying Harley a reunion with her beau for this much longer, she has become an air-headed couch potato bimbo with no real goals or motivation. She became a villain for the Joker's sake. He was and is her motivation. He gave her some excitement and laughter in an otherwise mundane existience she had been leading as Dr. Quinzel. He gave her something to strive for, to look forward to.   Also, Harley is not the leader type. She likes being told what to do, and needs to be told what to do in order to truly be productive. It's who she is. She has a very child-like mentality, and while she is dangerous, cunning, smart and menacing on her own, she needs a sense of direction to become truly sinister, or useful, or productive. The Joker gave her that direction, and that was when some of her most violent and sinister moments became apparent. Poison Ivy and Catwoman realize this, and while they give Harley something to do, it might not be enough, if she is still a lazy couch lump pining for her puddin'.   And the Joker did and still does care for Harley. In the comics that the pictures that this article links to are from to prove the relationship is loveless, there is evidence that they have intimacy, passion, and yes, even love. In the picture from Mad Love, in the next panel, Harley says "oh sweetie, I brought the whoopee cushion.." evidence that they have had, and still do have an active sex life, using the whoopee cushion as a sex toy. and also, "don't you wanna rev up your Harley??" She wouldn't be saying that if she didn't know the line would work, and it might have before...furthermore, in the "rocket scene" from batman: harley quinn that is referenced and taken completely out of context in GCS, the Joker openly tells Harley of his attraction and feelings for her. He is angry with her often because he hates the feeling of being attracted to someone else, having almost normal feelings for another. she humanizes him, he hates this, he acts violently and bitterly. except when he doesn't. he has, occasionally even without any manipulative motivation, kissed her, embraced her, caressed her, made love to her.  He has had more than enough chances to axe her off, to get rid of her, but somehow, even at his most abusive, he never does. He is a merciless killer psychopath. If he truly, deeply hated and wanted to kill her, he would have already done it by now. If she truly meant nothing to him, wouldn't she be gone from the picture? fun fact: Paul Dini, the creator of Harley Quinn and the former writer of GCS had created the character of Harley Quinn in order to in some way humanize the least human rogue, the Joker.    and if you want to talk about character development and evolution, what about the evolution of the relationship? The Joker originally saw Harley has  only a mere object, a toy for his own amusement and pleasure, a means of escape, and an extra pair of hands around the hideout. But over time, Harley has grown, and developed, gained strength and courage to fight back, and show defiance and individuality, and take a firm position in the relationship. And the Joker, while still viewing Harley as an Object and toy for his own manipulative and often abusive purposes, has come to view her as a loved one, someone with whom he can share his brand of humor with, someone who can truly become a main part of his twisted world. She has always made him laugh, that's what attracted him to her, but now she is in on all his jokes, she is a bigger part of his life. As poison ivy says in GCS, and I'm paraphrasing, "the Joker may have originally thought of you as a willing patsy, but eventually he let you in. He shared secrets with you he wouldn't have with any other living soul." They have grown into a dementedly happy couple over time, with more intimacy, passion and, yes, even love apparent in the relationship in the cartoons and the mainstream comics as their story progresses. to break them up now would be cutting off a brilliant love story half way though an unfinished chapter that has yet to be completed.  "

Okay, I will say it. If HarleyQuinnenthusiast or clownyface is either clownyprincess or princessbee  or one of her little minions you need to stop. You don't own the characters. You are just a fan who uses Joker and Harley's relationship as a prop for your own issues. Just because you are unhappy with your personal life or the way the comics don't comform to your preferences doesn't mean you use them as avatars for yourself. The Joker is not Fabio or Valentino and you are not Harley Quinn, okay darling? Your condoning of abusive relationships is reprehensible and your twisting of facts is despicable. You wanna share an opinion, fine but don't think we can't see past your agenda. I have been in an abusive relationship and it's not a damn picnic. To say so otherwise is just plain demeaning.

HarleyQuinnthusiast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FelineFatale:  

Where do I even start. I'm not Clownyface, Princessbee/Clownyprincess, or one of their "minions". I'm just a fan of a FICTIONAL character who hates it when her FICTIONAL relationships in COMICS are badly misunderstood, and basic facts are ignored. And I don't use characters as avatars for my own issues. I don't romanticize the Joker, and I don't wish I was Harley. They are fictional characters, and furthermore, villains! these are maniacal, mass murdering psycho clowns! and I don't have any plans to go out and kill, steal, torture or brutally beat. If you think I am living a sad shell of a life, and using Joker and Harley's relationship to act out my fantasies, then you are only deluding yourself.  I love the movie The Silence of The Lambs, but I don't go around eating people's faces, or going on serial killing sprees. I also love The Godfather, but I don't go around shooting enemies, or putting horse heads in their beds. I keep my gore and violence and all that in fiction. where it should stay.  If you want the Joker and Harley separated because their relationship is "abusive", then, oh no! the Joker kills people! we can't have that! better not let him do any more killing! so, in your mind and logic, in fiction, "abusive" relationships between two homicidal clowns are to be discouraged, but murder? torture? beatings? sadistic punishments outside of relationships? aw shucks! why not? that is not good logic.  

Gotham City is a crime-ridden, terror stricken city, and its villains are not ones you should model. I don't model off of them, but you clearly think that all abusive relationships stem from comic book readers who enjoy reading about fictional villains in twisted love. I'm very sorry to hear you were in an abusive relationship, but you are the one with deep issues, if you think that you can criticize my love of a fictional evil villain pairing because you have unresolved personal issues, and need to vent on forums such as this one, then you are the only one twisting facts and online commenters into the "bad guys" who condone abusive relationships. If you actually read the comics, then you'd see that it's not as simple as that. Harley isn't you, and she's not who I want to be. she's crazy, she's evil, she is a bit of a masochist---she loves a evil, derranged maniac, but somehow they made the relationship work for years and years. despite breakups, and abuse of the worst kind, they still come back to one another. and keep in mind this is The Joker. who hardly ever even shows a kind gesture, but here he is, sometimes, as i said, without manipulation, making loving gestures and doing intimate things with her. this isn't right and definitely should not be socially acceptable, but they are both crazy evil clowns, and have their own standards of "normal". Evil villains should not be role models for domestic violence prevention, or how to live a better life. They are, for the millionth time, fictional characters that serve as antagonists and clearly should not be emulated.  

And of course this is biased! this is a comic book site comment forum, not a lincoln/douglas debate! I can be as biased to my own opinion as I want! I can say what I want about the couple I ship. and if you want to vent out your own personal issues on fictional pairings that aren't socially acceptable and aren't supposed to be, then do so not at the expense of others. 
    HarleyQuinnthusiast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FelineFatale:  

oh, and separating Harley from the Joker won't make her into a three dimensional character, and it hasn't already. It's just made her into a lazy airhead who is bored out of her mind, after all these years. It isn't just the writers, it's about how long you can drag out a solo storyline for a second-in-command type character, and with Harley you can only keep a solo story going for so long. She loves company, and likes being in the shadow only of a best friend or a boyfriend. This is how it is. I read the GCS series, and I love Harley on her own as well, but she's not meant to be in the alpha role. she wasn't created for that, and she certainly wasn't meant to be turned into something she's not. What would her motivation be as a hero, or an antihero for that matter? Her main motivation was and has always been the Joker. this isn't me being a romantic, this is the cold, hard truth. There are plenty of female characters who shine as alphas in the batman mythos and in other DC worlds as well, but Harley was created as a sidekick, and that's when some of her best moments have truly stood out, when written well. Harley is a complex character, but she's not meant to be this main alpha female. she's meant to make us laugh with her, cry with her, and I think because she's all too human is what makes many readers so uncomfortable with her and the Joker. But this further proves there is infinite potential for her as "just the Joker's girl". 
    clownyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By clownyface
    @FelineFatale: 
     Actually, you're doing an excellent job of projecting your own defensive and dismissive attitude onto me, not to mention what seem to be your automatic, rude, and simply incorrect perceptions of what you assume every Harley fan who thinks like me must be like. By the way, I'm not some screwed up, Lalaland little twit, I'm just someone who knows how to perceive and appreciate good, complex storytelling when I see it, and I've seen a lot of that with Joker and Harley.

You also do exactly what most people with your opinion of the couple do which is, as you did with my comment, fail to really gather everything you're reading. For one thing, what I said was how for every example that people cited that the relationship is "nothing but abusive" etc, there's an example of another side to their relationship. To clarify for you, yes, there are absolutely abusive aspects to the relationship. I know and fully accept this. It's part of what I find so fascinating about watching how two psychopaths like them coexist. Joker is abusive to EVERYONE. It's how he relates to the whole world! OF COURSE he's abusive to Harley too. He even bashes in his own face when he sees fit. But that is not remotely all Joker's relationship with Harley is. That's what I was saying. To point out what those other sides of their relationship are would clearly be lost on you since you've apparently already read some of them and failed to comprehend them. So, whatevs.

Harley was a three-dimensional character long before they started trying to reinvent the wheel with her. All the people who have no faith in who she is as she is might be happier finding some other character to like. And all the people who are so frightened to accept that Joker might have some other dimensions to himself might want to find a more predictable villain to enjoy. Just saying.
    clownyface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By clownyface
    @FelineFatale: 
    Oh, yeah. I'm also not clownyprincess/princessbee, and no one actually called me defensive but you. The person I believe you think said that was actually on my side of the argument. Do you see how you do that, with the not fully getting what you read?
    The-Vodun401

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By The-Vodun401

They play off eachother. Joker works well without Harley. And recently we can see that Harley can function fine without the Joker. But I think they're at their best when they're together.

Avatar image for the_jokes_on_you
    The_Jokes_On_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By The_Jokes_On_You

As much as I love Harley when she isn't playing secondary to Posion Ivy or The Joker she is kindof boring. Her seires often had really boring issues that I didn't like and sometimes I felt myself not liking the character because something was lacking and I feel its that other character with whom she interacts.  
    I dunno maybe it was the writing in that series but like I said sometimes she bores me.  
    And btw, I don't undertand why Ivy considers Joker so horrific. She she doesn't beat her but she otten doesn't exactly treat Harley all that well either.
    Avatar image for the_jokes_on_you
    The_Jokes_On_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By The_Jokes_On_You

As much as I love Harley she kinda of bores me when she doesn't have someoen to play off of. I love her with Ivy and Joker but on her own she is kinda of boring. There were issuse in her seires that were just so flat and kinda lame and really weren't worth reading.

I dunno maybe it was just that seires but yeah sometimes she is kinda flat.

And what I never understood is why Ivy acts all high and mighty. Yeah, Ivy doesn't beat Harls but Ivy isn't exactly completly sweet to her either.

MichonneHack27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MichonneHack27

Hmmm its kinda odd when it comes to Harley. Naturally, most of us as people hate seeing women in abusive relationships. And Joker's abusive as it comes. Yet oddly enough everyone loves the idea of them as a couple. Several of my own friends say they wish they could get back together in the comics. 

As much as I was use to them being together, I'm kinda glad she's strayed away from the Joker. It gives her more of a character than his love-struck groupie/fan.
    Avatar image for marvelcomicsandbatmanfanatic
    marvelcomicsandbatmanfanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

if shes not with joker she must be with ivy, either pair works good

likalaruku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#87  Edited By likalaruku

I think her dependency on him is sad & pathetic, like an annoying cheerleader chasing after a gay quarterback or a woman who strove for years to get ahead in her career giving it all up after marriage to be a housewife & mother.
    So in 21 Joker welcomes her with open arms & she melts like butter, but the description of issue 23 still gives me hope, as it indicates that Harley might have just walked into a trap.

The only person I can think of that needs more of a dramatic change than Harley Quinn is the Mad Hatter.

The Joker is 100%  sociopath with all the symptoms, including incapacity for love. The most he will feel towards Harley is like she is a dog he has had since he was a boy. That's a kind of love, an unromantic sort based on simply having been around someone tolerable for a long period of time.

Mad Love & the the Harley Quinn series are supposed to be part of the Timmverse/DCAU canon, like Batman Adventures, Batman & Robin Adventures, & Gotham Adventures. Harley may be the same in both continuities, but the Joker is not.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#88  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @SiycoBat said:

Clownyface, I’m sorry but from the way you’re presenting your case, the same can be said for you.   Your opinion  sounds like the typical JxH shipper’s view that gives no real credible evidence to prove your case but instead apologizes for the appearance of the relationship between Joker and Harley and tries to eloquently paint the relationship in a way that seems deeper than the relationship really is.

The relationship has already been explored for at least more than a decade starting from Harley’s first debut in 1992 to the point where Joker and Harley separated. Writers have been constantly presenting their own version from alternative realities to the main DC storyline and a significant amount implies that Harley is “indeed being delusional” and that the relationship is one-sided.  No offense but it sounds like you want Joker to express emotion than his MO allows.

That’s a pretty bold statement to make to say that he loves her, my friend. Do you have clear evidence proving this? I would like links to the interviews that he’s done in the past. Besides Paul Dini just admitted at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 that he was and I quote "...tired of writing Harley with the Joker." He wanted to Harley to have some room to grow and he made good on his word when she started making appearances in Countdown and Birds of Prey and finally starring one of the main characters in GCS. So how long ago was that claim you made?

Don’t get me wrong, I love Harley, I do but as long as the average fans see Harley playing the same song and dance routine with Joker, Harley will never be taken seriously enough to be a character worth respect and acknowledgement. That’s like saying that Dick Grayson can’t be taken as a character in his own right without Bruce having to carry him around, that’s ludicrous. You want Harley to be “parented” by the Joker forever?

Let me tell you something, if Joker and Harley’s relationship was indeed on mutual terms then how come we still talk about them or to the point where you have to be locked into serious debate? If their relationship can be explained so easily then the thread “Does Harley need Joker?” wouldn’t exist. In life, if it walks like duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then it is indeed a duck; believe or not, there is such a thing as overanalyzing a simple concept.  

Oh and to get back on-topic, Harley needs Joker like she needs a bullet in her brain.  

......................this.....just so much of this
    SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SiycoBat
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: Yes I know, long post, isn't it? You gonna say something that's a little more clear??
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#90  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
    @SiycoBat said:
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: Yes I know, long post, isn't it? You gonna say something that's a little more clear??
    lol  mean ia was so astounded by the overwhelming truth of your post that i was temporarily rendered speechless
    Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Keep both character's apart i mean both are far more interesting when not together they weigh each other down.

SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SiycoBat
    @Avenging-X-Bolt: lol kk i don't usually do posts like this but I'm a fan that believes that Harley deserves better treatment. When I see posts like that from some fan that's preaching in the same style and uses the same tactics one crazy fan does, on several occasions, to explain what's obviously a crack pairing, I put on my suit, so to speak, and step in court.
    ShodukoClan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ShodukoClan

The question is analogous to whether a ninja warrior requires an acolyte to dip his shuriken in poison!

Long live the clan!

SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By SiycoBat
    @ShodukoClan: XD Hilarious analogy!
    SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SiycoBat

@HarleyQuinnthusiast said:

This article is flawed on many levels. Harley's had years and years of alone time, and has not become any more independent than she ever was. And have any of you read GCS? In the comics thus far, Harley has tweeted, online shopped, online debated, sunbathed, walked the hyenas, eaten junk food, played video games and lounged around the hideout in her pajamas. Has she accomplished anything productive, liberating or empowering? no. By denying Harley a reunion with her beau for this much longer, she has become an air-headed couch potato bimbo with no real goals or motivation. She became a villain for the Joker's sake. He was and is her motivation. He gave her some excitement and laughter in an otherwise mundane existience she had been leading as Dr. Quinzel. He gave her something to strive for, to look forward to.
    Also, Harley is not the leader type. She likes being told what to do, and needs to be told what to do in order to truly be productive. It's who she is. She has a very child-like mentality, and while she is dangerous, cunning, smart and menacing on her own, she needs a sense of direction to become truly sinister, or useful, or productive. The Joker gave her that direction, and that was when some of her most violent and sinister moments became apparent. Poison Ivy and Catwoman realize this, and while they give Harley something to do, it might not be enough, if she is still a lazy couch lump pining for her puddin'.
    And the Joker did and still does care for Harley. In the comics that the pictures that this article links to are from to prove the relationship is loveless, there is evidence that they have intimacy, passion, and yes, even love. In the picture from Mad Love, in the next panel, Harley says "oh sweetie, I brought the whoopee cushion.." evidence that they have had, and still do have an active sex life, using the whoopee cushion as a sex toy. and also, "don't you wanna rev up your Harley??" She wouldn't be saying that if she didn't know the line would work, and it might have before...furthermore, in the "rocket scene" from batman: harley quinn that is referenced and taken completely out of context in GCS, the Joker openly tells Harley of his attraction and feelings for her. He is angry with her often because he hates the feeling of being attracted to someone else, having almost normal feelings for another. she humanizes him, he hates this, he acts violently and bitterly. except when he doesn't. he has, occasionally even without any manipulative motivation, kissed her, embraced her, caressed her, made love to her. He has had more than enough chances to axe her off, to get rid of her, but somehow, even at his most abusive, he never does. He is a merciless killer psychopath. If he truly, deeply hated and wanted to kill her, he would have already done it by now. If she truly meant nothing to him, wouldn't she be gone from the picture? fun fact: Paul Dini, the creator of Harley Quinn and the former writer of GCS had created the character of Harley Quinn in order to in some way humanize the least human rogue, the Joker.
    and if you want to talk about character development and evolution, what about the evolution of the relationship? The Joker originally saw Harley has only a mere object, a toy for his own amusement and pleasure, a means of escape, and an extra pair of hands around the hideout. But over time, Harley has grown, and developed, gained strength and courage to fight back, and show defiance and individuality, and take a firm position in the relationship. And the Joker, while still viewing Harley as an Object and toy for his own manipulative and often abusive purposes, has come to view her as a loved one, someone with whom he can share his brand of humor with, someone who can truly become a main part of his twisted world. She has always made him laugh, that's what attracted him to her, but now she is in on all his jokes, she is a bigger part of his life. As poison ivy says in GCS, and I'm paraphrasing, "the Joker may have originally thought of you as a willing patsy, but eventually he let you in. He shared secrets with you he wouldn't have with any other living soul." They have grown into a dementedly happy couple over time, with more intimacy, passion and, yes, even love apparent in the relationship in the cartoons and the mainstream comics as their story progresses. to break them up now would be cutting off a brilliant love story half way though an unfinished chapter that has yet to be completed.

Harley’s been separated from Joker for 4 years now since Apr 2007 where they separate so exaggeration isn’t needed. Don’t make it sound like she had enough time to quickly get over Joker, who she’s been with since 1992. It takes time to heal from getting out of a relationship that’s been going on for so long.

The point to where Harley has developed a somewhat stable life that she now has hobbies other than stalking Joker is better than none at all. The point that her life can be described, regardless if you think it’s the life of couch potato is better than wasting hours through the day obsessing over and stalking a psychopath that decides whether you live or die.

Harley was an air-headed bimbo BEFORE Joker came into her life. The only reason why she has no goals or motivation now is because she’s aware of the likelihood starting a new career with her profile is slim to none because nobody wants a person that’s been associated with a dangerous sociopath. She can’t live the civilian life because most of the people around her already know who she is and fears being associated with her; her very identity and profile were publicized to the public. Don’t think that starting over is easy as pie for someone like her.

That’s true but don’t forget the times she’s been used as a punching bag from time to time by Joker and the fact that we’ve seen her question her role with him on many occasions but always ends up pushing it to the side when Joker turns the other cheek.

Just because Harley is a follower does not justify her being more suited with the Joker; that is nothing more than an empty excuse. She had plenty of things to do with Poison Ivy and Catwoman but even you have to admit that the ladies’ personal issues with romance was crumbing Harley’s efforts in staying away from her previous issues with her own.

What does their sex lives have anything to do with finding solid evidence that Joker and Harley have any kind of meaning to be together? How do you know Harley wasn’t trying to get Joker to have sex with her by saying and doing anything that might tempt him to. I’ve seen Harley try to seduce him on more than one occasion and Joker ALWAYS pushes her away to pursue his own plans.

You’re forgetting the fact that after the rocket scene, Poison Ivy saved her and Harley wanted revenge after what Joker did to her. Ivy gave her immunity to poisons and boosted her strength and reflexes that aided her in finally kicking Joker’s butt afterwards. Are you talking about Joker’s first response to Harley in GCS being “Hello Harley. I missed you.”? Are you serious?! Do you even realize how obtuse and completely unclear that statement is? That statement can be easily misinterpreted for something else. That’s not enough to prove that Joker has attraction and feelings for her.

What evolution are you talking about? Do you mean the constant re-hashing of the Mad Love plot between Joker and Harley? That can’t be counted as evolution if the relationship makes no change and it hasn’t changed in the slightest; the only thing that can be counted as change is Harley is slowly starting to wise up about her boyfriend’s true nature.

Now hold on a minute! When Poison Ivy said that, it was to convince Harley to let Joker go so the girls can kill the Joker because the kind of info she has on the Joker is dangerous and can get her killed! That line was during when the girls were attacked by the Joker, who turned later on to be a fake, in their own home. Besides that quote is not complete, the full dialogue is this: “Joker may have originally thought of you as a willing patsy, but eventually let you in. Whether he meant to or not, he shared with you things he’d never tell another living soul“. Harley agreed with her happily til Ivy remarked, “And did you really think he’d let you out unscathed?” That made Harley reconsiders her options then. You’re twisting dialogue to suit your own views! You really are no better than the typical JxH shipper that twists facts and ignores the dead-obvious abuse being dished out to Harley!

The love that Harley has for Joker, has always been and forever will be a joke. Anyone with common sense knows this fact and that is part of what draws people to Harley as a character. However, people are sick of seeing this same joke been told over and over and over again. It’s getting flat and really old; nearly 20 years old, to be exact. The drama has played out and people are getting sick of seeing Harley being used as a punching bag and marionette by the Joker.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#96  Edited By entropy_aegis
    @johnny_spam said:
    Harley is a one note character dependent on others to work properly she is barely a character and the things that could make her work are not touched on just because fans like her she may need Joker but Joker is a stronger character without her.  
    Great post.
    SiycoBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By SiycoBat
    @clownyface said: 

So in case you can’t tell, my vote is for them to reunite. But in a not sucky way.

I’m sorry but from the way you’re presenting your case, the same can be said for you.   Your opinion sounds like the typical JxH shipper’s view that gives no real credible evidence to prove your case but instead apologizes for the appearance of the relationship between Joker and Harley and tries to eloquently paint the relationship in a way that seems deeper than the relationship really is.

The relationship has already been explored for at least more than a decade starting from Harley’s first debut in 1992 to the point where Joker and Harley separated. Writers have been constantly presenting their own version from alternative realities to the main DC storyline and a significant amount implies that Harley is “indeed being delusional” and that the relationship is one-sided.  No offense but it sounds like you want Joker to express emotion than his MO allows.

That’s a pretty bold statement to make to say that he loves her, my friend. Do you have clear evidence proving this? I would like links to the interviews that he’s done in the past. Besides Paul Dini just admitted at the San Diego Comic Con in 2007 that he was and I quote "...tired of writing Harley with the Joker." He wanted to Harley to have some room to grow and he made good on his word when she started making appearances in Countdown and Birds of Prey and finally starring one of the main characters in GCS. So how long ago was that claim you made?

Don’t get me wrong, I love Harley, I do but as long as the average fans see Harley playing the same song and dance routine with Joker, Harley will never be taken seriously enough to be a character worth respect and acknowledgement. That’s like saying that Dick Grayson can’t be taken as a character in his own right without Bruce having to carry him around, that’s ludicrous. You want Harley to be “parented” by the Joker forever?

Let me tell you something, if Joker and Harley’s relationship was indeed on mutual terms then how come we still talk about them or to the point where you have to be locked into serious debate? If their relationship can be explained so easily then the thread “Does Harley need Joker?” wouldn’t exist. In life, if it walks like duck, quacks like a duck, and looks like a duck, then it is indeed a duck; believe or not, there is such a thing as overanalyzing a simple concept.  

Oh and to get back on-topic, Harley needs Joker like she needs a bullet in her brain.

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By moywar700

harley needs to kill the joker

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#99  Edited By entropy_aegis

@moywar700 said:

harley needs to be killed by the joker

Fixed

moywar700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By moywar700

@entropy_aegis: No.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.