Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The Good

Wait... WHAT?

HARBINGER #15 is quite a unique reading experience. The team desperately needs some downtime after the events of HARBINGER WARS, so it's fun seeing them let loose -- they've certainly earned it, after all. What transpires is a totally unexpected issue of each of them just doing their own thing to have a good time while they're enjoying what California has to offer. What prevents this from oozing with cheese is Joshua Dysart's ability to make characters act in a totally natural manner. There's no forced dialogue, no awkward jumping into exposition -- it all seems to legitimately stem from the heart of each character.

There's some reflecting on just how dire their previous situation was, but for the most part, this issue jumps from good time (Torque rocking out at a metal concert) to greater time (Peter and Faith having a tender moment as they enjoy the city from above). My personal highlight has to be Peter and Torque being super obnoxious and crashing a muscle competition, though. Everything they're saying and doing makes me want to hate them, but damn it, I just can't help but laugh along with Charlene and the rest. I don't want to dive into what follows, like, at all, because I don't want to give any clue whatsoever about the direction the book takes. What I will say, though, is that it's a superb way to conclude the book and will absolutely leave you counting down the days until the next issue. There. That's spoiler-free enough, right?

Barry Kitson's pencils, two colorists and two inkers do a fine job complimenting Dysart's story. From the eerily soothing crash of the waves (and what lies within them later on... talk about a powerful image!) to an explosive and totally vivid dance party, the many talented hands working on the pages are more than able to immerse these characters in a lively atmosphere. I have some small gripes here and there when it comes to character detail and proportions in a few instances, but overall, they're able to roll with Dysart's script and bring the proper tone and locations front and center. From Torque smiling like a moron to the final scene, the art team does a more than able job.

The Bad

Honestly, nothing major. This is an excellent jumping on point, so what are you waiting for?

The Verdict

Can the next issue be here now? Please? Dysart has once again proven he's an incredible writer and does a stellar job bringing each and every one of these characters to life. This is a book that works so well because of his ability to craft organic conversations, build a strong emotional connection to the unique cast, create believable relationships between characters and still manage to throw in an overall narrative that'll leave your jaw on the floor.

HARBINGER #15's a super offbeat issue that'll make you laugh along with the characters as they do whatever ridiculous stuff they need to do to have a blast in California. All good things must come to an end, though, and eventually Dysart throws us in the book's brand new direction. If you're even kind of interested in the world of Harbinger, then this is an issue you absolutely cannot miss.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@k4tzm4n Wow. What an issue. I cannot wait for the next issue and am trying to avoid reading future solicitations to avoid potentially spoiling the next issues. I won't even post what happened on here in spoiler blocks. People need to read it for themselves. This is going to be a long month.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

Yea I'm not down with what happened at the end of this book, one of my first big disappointments so far in a Valiant comic

InFamous_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Jumping on point...I'm on it!!!

Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jesusdisciple001

@jonny_anonymous said:

Yea I'm not down with what happened at the end of this book, one of my first big disappointments so far in a Valiant comic

Why?

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never saw that coming. What an ending

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

SUCH A GREAT SERIES!!!

QuantomMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait to read it!

Darthmat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I need issue 16 like I've never needed a comic before.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@jonny_anonymous: one of ther best issues and you're disappointed? I don't think in alone in that assessment.

Great issue once again. No complaints here. Keep it up Valiant!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jesusdisciple001: I'm not gonna spoil it for pepole

@extremis said:

@jonny_anonymous: one of ther best issues and you're disappointed? I don't think in alone in that assessment.

Great issue once again. No complaints here. Keep it up Valiant!

Yea I'm not cool with what happened at the end

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: no, i already have to many comics on my pull list. I was just curious

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@holyserpent: It's probably not that big of a deal to someone that isn't emotionally invested in the book but I could PM it to you if you wanted?

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
    deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good fucking lord they make Faith way too obese in the reboot.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

@ulquiorraschiffer: meh it's supposed to be totally different. Also your disgust is kind of alarming to me.

I don't see a problem with it. Quite the contrary. I like seeing a positive example for overweight people, especially for females, in comics. It'd be interesting to see Dysart continue to spark a romantic interest between Pete and Faith.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20  Edited By Jenkale

what the heck did i just read??!!! omg that was just weird freaky. it started out all fun and light and then kris and that "vision" so confusing i had to double back and re-read it. and that last page? i dont know if anyone noticed this but at the concert there was a guy who yelled attack and the kris had the vision and the bad that was playing was called the sealions and they were in kris's vision

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@extremis: do you read archer and armstrong? in the latest issue some future people told him that the love of his life is...faith! so crossover needs to happen like yesterday

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.