Follow

Hank Pym

Character » Hank Pym appears in 3721 issues.

Hank Pym is a scientific genius, a founding member of the Avengers, the creator of Pym Particles and of Ultron, and a modern-day superhero who suffers from a Bipolar disorder. He has acted under many memorable identities such as Ant-Man, Giant Man, Goliath, Yellowjacket, and the Wasp. He is also the Earth's Scientist Supreme, as decreed by Eternity.

What should happen to Ultron & Hank Pym post Rage of Ultron?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What did you think of Rage of Ultron and what do you think will happen with the characters of Ultron and Pym?

For the most part, I really liked the story, though I disagree with how Pym is characterized. I don't think he would be quite so anti A.I. as he is portrayed in the book. Never the less, I thought it was a good story that begs for one or more follow-up stories. With Ultron and Pym merging where do you think they should take the story next?

I think the events of Rage of Ultron can lead to some great stories involving Janet, Vision, Victor Mancha, Tigra, Jocasta, Scott Lang and the Avengers. What are your thoughts?

Giant-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked Rage of Ultron as well, but I had the same problem with Hank taking a complete 180 on his stance towards AI in the little time between Avengers AI and Rage of Ultron. It really didn't seem in character for Hank.

As a major Hank fan I didn't like his merger with Ultron because I want to continue seeing Hank as Giant-man in the comics universe. That might still happen, but I'll be disappointed if the two remained merged for a long time.

I've been hoping Hank would show up in the current Ant-man series featuring Lang to see the two team up for several issues.

KillPym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It should be retconned.

The art looks nice, that's why people have overlooked a story that makes absolute no sense:

1.During 70s and Rage of Ultron, Ultron has come back more than Jesus and X-Men, but why is this single Ultron so special as if he's separate from all others? Pym could have shut him down like he shut down the Age of Ultron using the backdoor. And why did Pym feel so different towards this single Ultron as opposed to all others that come between?

2.Since when can Vision merge two entities physically and they just merged together as a functioning hybrid?

3.Power of Starfox is to stimulate pleasure center, not really a love bolt. So the resolution of the story is basically Starfox pleasured Pym into exile.

I've been hoping Hank would show up in the current Ant-man series featuring Lang to see the two team up for several issues.

Hank Pym will teamup in flashback with Scott Lang in Ant-Man Annual, but the present story is set after Rage of Ultron.

For some reason that story will come before the Last Days of Ant-Man.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Are they going to keep them fused together?

In Infinity Wars Hank's soul is captured in the soul stone. Ultron is still merged to what remains of Hank's body. So, technically Hank's essence has been removed from Ultron.

Ultron-Pym is currently battling Iron-Man in Tony Stark's comic. Since Ant-Man 3 is a go, I'd guess that there will be some story event just before the movie involving Hank.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@just_sayin: are they going to keep Hank Pym as the creator of Ultron?

I hope they don't change it since it was just for one movie

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: are they going to keep Hank Pym as the creator of Ultron?

I hope they don't change it since it was just for one movie

I think they'll keep Hank as the creator in the comics at least.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
    deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@just_sayin: Hank has been the creator of Ultron for like 50 years, it would be ridiculous to retcon to Tony just because of one mcu movie. They Retcon SW and QS and Magneto's kids, smh.Also Didn't they retcon the og 616 Nick Fury with one that looks like the mcu version? Or did they just replace him and not retcon him?

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_sayin: Hank has been the creator of Ultron for like 50 years, it would be ridiculous to retcon to Tony just because of one mcu movie. They Retcon SW and QS and Magneto's kids, smh.Also Didn't they retcon the og 616 Nick Fury with one that looks like the mcu version? Or did they just replace him and not retcon him?

I haven't kept up with Nick Fury, but I'd image its like Miles Morales - he's from the Ultimate universe and just wound up in the 616 universe.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.